Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee machine for office - Buy or Rent?

• 02-03-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,894 ✭✭✭✭

Our KRUPS coffee machine broke down recently, and I was tasked with looking for a replacement.

I spotted this machine: De'Longhi Bean to Cup - ESAM2800

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Bean-Cup-Coffee-Machine/dp/B00LB8FHJ4/

but then it occurred to me that the machine may be unsuitable for a small office environment (approx 30 cups per day), and would require regular maintenance.

In which case is rental the way to go? Would the rental including regular cleaning service/maintenance?

Recommend anywhere in Dublin for renting (circa €60 /month) ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,894 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cheapest rental I can find is €840 / annum with a service every 9 months.

I reckon we'll see how the De Longhi goes first for €350, as it has a 2 year warranty. I'm assuming the repair centre is pretty good?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

our place has a nespresso machine, makes a lot more than 30 cups a day too. Personally i'm amazed at how it is still going

Nespresso machine is my preference too (had it in my last place of work) but bosses here are having none of it because we have several boxes containing bags of dried beans to use up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

mrcheez wrote: »
    Nespresso machine is my preference too (had it in my last place of work) but bosses here are having none of it because we have several boxes containing bags of dried beans to use up ;)

Gaggia Brera?

I've one in home office for 6 years trouble free. It's made a lot of coffee

ford2600 wrote: »
    Gaggia Brera?

I've one in home office for 6 years trouble free. It's made a lot of coffee

Hmm kinda pricey

http://pricespy.ie/product.php?p=543408

We'll try the one for €363... then maybe raise the price is we have to down the line

• Advertisement

shocked, would much rather have decent bean to cup. maybe we can swap (just kidding, none of the rest would go for it)

mossym wrote: »
    shocked, would much rather have decent bean to cup. maybe we can swap (just kidding, none of the rest would go for it)

I'd much rather have easy clean-up and used-up pods collected by the delivery man :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

We got a been to cup one of more expensive DeLonghi machines with milk container (around 1000 euros). We calculated that three of us in the office drink enough coffee that the initial higher cost was covered inside of a year in comparison to buying cheap nespresso machine and expensive pods. And that was using Illy or similar price range coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Hmm kinda pricey

http://pricespy.ie/product.php?p=543408

We'll try the one for €363... then maybe raise the price is we have to down the line

If each person drinks only one cup per day, you'll use circa 400g per day or roughly 100kg per year.

Even if you get coffee cheap at €10/kg that's €1000/yr. Double that if 2 cups per day is average.

The machine is the cheap bit, spend wisely...

We ended up getting the ESAM2800 in Argos for €363

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?searchTerms=ESAM2800

Gotta say it's an impressive piece of kit, serving up some of the best coffee I've had from a Bean to Cup machine imho... get one while you can :)

• Advertisement

shocked, would much rather have decent bean to cup.
    I'd much rather have easy clean-up and used-up pods collected by the delivery man :P
    serving up some of the best coffee I've had from a Bean to Cup machine imho.

now you see where i was coming from...:)

now you see where i was coming from...:)

I still prefer Nespresso given the choice ;) (this is the best bean-to-cup though)

Although nothing beats a good moka pot... I was considering getting one of the electric ones before they got this.

Advertisement