Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good result stories

• 02-03-2016 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for just someone to tell me their IVF / ICIS worked? Having a really really low day today feeling that this will never work for us. We've had two failed attempts and are starting our next cycle next month. Just really want to hear it worked for someone after a few trys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hey there, I can really understand that. I have had lots of those days too.

For me (though you know my story already) my first round of IVF worked, but we had a missed miscarriage, which was detected at 8 weeks.

We then went for a frozen embryo transfer with one embryo (as we had some frozen embryos) and that failed.

We then went for another frozen embryo transfer with two embryos and that resulted in a twin pregnancy. Had bleeding at 6 weeks and was convinced that I was miscarrying again, but the bleeding turned out to be nothing sinister.

Sitting here now 15 and a half weeks pregnant with twins. Still terrified for at least a part of every day that something is going to go wrong, but slowly getting used to the idea that we might actually end up with babies!

I wish I had something I could say to make today easier for you, but all I can say is hang in there. Huge enormous hugs to you. From what I know of you from here you seem like a wonderful woman who is dealing really well with a sh*tty situation.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Aw thank you Brokensoul xxx. I know you have been through a tough road yourself pet.

Just having one of those weeks where I am thinking if didn't work twice, why would it work a third time. The clinic keep saying it's a case of rolling the dice and hoping for a six, but that roll costs a lot emotionally and physically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Sister in law, 3 failed IVF attempts. Now has a baby girl, 4th attempt worked

Thanks LCD

I really am just looking for some hope right now x

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Stickybean, I would say go onto the actual pregnancy forums to find success stories, as I'm sure there's plenty, while most of us on here are still seeking success!

I am going down the Napro route as i know of two girls who had success from it (one was trying for years, the other multiple miscarriages), and its success rate is a lot higher than IVF...but that said, I also know of people who IVF worked for after a number of attempts. The problem is the whole area of infertility is so taboo that you never hear the real stories.

There was a good article on the topic in thejournal yesterday.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/infertility-2637580-Mar2016/

Keep the faith!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

stickybean I've not had any experience of IVF myself, but my cousin had a baby last year after conceiving through IVF. They'd been trying for years with no success, and it took 4 rounds of IVF, but they got there in the end.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really am grateful. I was having a bad few days just feeling all this is pointless, just needed to hear some good news stories, thank you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

My SIL 3 attempt and sitting beside me with her 12 week old.

It's might all be coincidence but she says the complimentary therapies were the difference the 3rd time but very hard to say that as a fact.

Sending you virtual hugs x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

First attempt at IVF didn't work. I egg shared though and the other couple got pregnant so not a total failure. Next time out I upped my protein intake and ended up with four grade 1 eggs. The two that were transferred are now 17months old! Admist all the injections and appointments it can feel hopeless sometimes but don't forget there is always hope!
    My friend had 7rounds of IVF with no hint of a positive and then suddenly fell pregnant! Miracles happen and there is no reason why it can't happen to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭skallywag

7 attempts in total (ICSI) the second of which was a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Stickybean, I hope you are feeling better today. I always hated those swings between feeling so positive and feeling so low. The lows really take it out of you and you wonder will you ever feel positive about it all again.

But I also took comfort in knowing that there is support out there, some days you feel on your own but you're not. Incidentally, I wrote the article on the Journal that kkactlou shared above. It's 2 years since we did our FET with my son, and I still write about the experience, I don't think it will ever go away! We are hoping to try for baby no 2 soon and I'm getting ready to face it all again.

Anyway I really hope today is one of the good days for you and that we all get to where we want to be x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I don't have any personal experience, but aren't success rates usually around 30%? So failing twice is not a surprise, but definitely doesn't mean it can't happen next time.

My cousin is 7 mths pregnant wth twin girls conceived through IVF. She had two failed attempts, and 1 success, prior to this

Advertisement