Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Whisky/Whiskey are we drinking this month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Dingle are the prime example of that

---

That said, I would like to try the likes of Buffalo Trace White Dog and their ilk and would be interesting to see a quality Irish version in the vein of Distiller's Safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭janiejones

Love the dingle gin. Definitely top 3. Didn't know until tonight the botanist was bruichladdich until tonight. Imagine there's more scottish distilleries doing gin but I hadn't looked into it. Hendricks and martin miller round out my top 3

Tried many links on Facebook but I couldn't get the discount. Finally found this and signed up here https://flaviar.com/lounge7

Signed up to this yesterday.

My mate only recently cancelled his. It teeters on the brink of "okay value" at full price, but I can't commit to 89euro a quarter at present.

At 44euro it seems worth the tilt. Now to decide what to get... Thinking Bowmore 12 or Cardhu 12...

And it seems the choice changes daily. Dammit.

I guess I'll wait.

---

Today's choices for example:
    JAMESON Caskmates Stout Edition
    THE IRISHMAN Single Malt
    EL ESPOLON Tequila Blanco
    STARWARD Nova Single Malt
    BUSHMILLS 10 Year Old
    CONNEMARA Peated
    ATLANTIC GALICIAN SPIRITS Nordés Atlantic Galician Gin
    CANTARELLE Gin De Provence
    MR BLACK Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
    WRITERS TEARS Copper Pot
    MATUSALEM 15 Gran Reserva Solera Rum.
    LOUIS ROYER VSOP Cognac
    TULLIBARDINE 500 Sherry Cask Finish
    SIPSMITH London Dry Gin
    LE PERTUIS Pure Malt Whisky
    AVIATION Gin
    GOLD OF MAURITIUS Dark Rum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I had those choices yesterday. Went for the Tullibardine as I've a bottle of their Sauternes Cask which I quite like. I think its OK value just. Will wait and see how much I enjoy the sample bottles.

janiejones wrote: »
    Love the dingle gin. Definitely top 3. Didn't know until tonight the botanist was bruichladdich until tonight. Imagine there's more scottish distilleries doing gin but I hadn't looked into it. Hendricks and martin miller round out my top 3

Wait til you get your hands on Method and Madness or Whitby Gin. Glorious stuff.

Have to love the missus' insatiable appetite for the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭janiejones

We've tried the method and madness. Great stuff but dingle beats it. Whitby goes on the list. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Choc Chip wrote: »
    i don't know why they would say that they did distil it, and not do it if they have a distiller on their team.
    I think it is quite obvious why they would do it.
    Also, I'd imagine more than a single distiller (however knowledgeable) is require to run a distillery.
    Having a token team member on premise is irrelevant for me.
    Stuart199 wrote: »
    So are you suggesting that they made this up, that it is all a pack of lies - what an accusation.
    Fact 1 - The barley was grown on the farm in Tipperary
    Fact 2 - They negotiated conditions with the distiller that they could produce the distillate to their own parameters.

Just waiting for the apology now.
    Hi Stuart,

The fact that Tipperary negotiated with the distiller confirms, that Tipperary were not the distiller. Therefore it was 3rd party produced as suggested. (which was never in doubt at there is no distillery at Ballindoney). The only question is where that distillery was.

Now, very interested in your thoughts on the price point? I'm sure you can appreciate that this is a extreme outlier among 4 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mellor wrote: »
    Therefore it was 3rd party produced as suggested. (which was never in doubt as there is no distillery at Ballindoney).

So are they just pretending they have a distillery? Because they said two days ago that they do. And according to Irish Whiskey Magazine, it's been installed since last May.

I'm aware that what they are selling now can't be their own distillate. But they are planning to sell gin, which would make sense. Or not, in a saturated market.

Effects wrote: »
    So are they just pretending they have a distillery? Because they said two days ago that they do. And according to Irish Whiskey Magazine, it's been installed since last May.

I haven't seen these claims, so can't comment on the context. Feel free to share however.

Regardless, even if it is technically capable of functioning since may.
    The product in question is 2016 vintage.

I'm aware that what they are selling now can't be their own distillate. But they are planning to sell gin, which would make sense. Or not, in a saturated market.

I always think a brewery or distillery's social media is a good way of discerning whether or not they have their own kit. In this case, Tipperary have put up one photo (only 11 hours ago) of a temperature control unit, otherwise there hasn't been any photos of inside a distillery (and the temp control might not be their own). Compare that with the likes of Sliabh Liag who also don't have their whiskey distillery yet but are sharing photos every few days of how their build is going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Did the Fercullen talk dram tasting last night. Some very nice whiskey. The original blend is being rebranded as Fercullen 8 year old to reflect the minimum age of the whiskey. At just over €40 it's great value. The five elements 18 year old is a stunning whiskey. Obviously it's all sourced stock but Fercullen master distiller Noel Sweeney made it all when he was master distiller at Cooley so I think it's slightly different than some of the other sourced brands. They have big plans for new releases next year. One to watch!

irish_goat wrote: »
    I always think a brewery or distillery's social media is a good way of discerning whether or not they have their own kit.

Yeah, I totally agree. Surely if you have the equipment, you'll post pictures of it.
    They haven't been just alluding to having a distillery though, they said this week that they have four stills plus a gin still.

Winemag from April 2019: On-site distillation began early this year....

Instagram post from August 2019.

Podcast from this week, where Jennifer says they have four stills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Cazale wrote: »
    Didn't they have a split/disagreement with the owners of Royal Oak and go on their own again.
    Yeah, they split from the owners Royal Oak late 2018/early 2019 I think. They kept the brands and the distillery went with the Italians.
    I'd heard it was about the distillery wanted to churn out whiskey as fast as they could and sell it off at the minimum three years old.

I knew they'd split from the distillery but I understood that Walsh whiskey would still be made there but that the tours and distillery itself would be managed by the Italian investors. Disappointed to hear that's the case as they're local to me and I had planned on doing the tour post covid.

I can't help but wonder what the tour consists of if that's the case. I mean you do the tour followed by a tasting typically so what do you taste if Walsh aren't involved any longer? Seems very odd setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It is truly bizarre that Tipperary don't have pictures of their stills published on their social media.
    It makes no sense whatsoever.

Perhaps they are waiting for a grand reveal?
    Probably not a great tactic, though, as people are suspicious whether they really have a distillery or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I can't help but wonder what the tour consists of if that's the case. I mean you do the tour followed by a tasting typically so what do you taste if Walsh aren't involved any longer? Seems very odd setup.

I guess you'd be tasting the new make for whiskey brands in the process.
    All you're really missing out on is tasting Walsh brands that were distilled elsewhere, anyway.

As I understand it Walsh have no connection with the distillery now.
    I don't know where the liquid for Walsh whiskey is made.

I guess you'd be tasting the new make for whiskey brands in the process.
    All you're really missing out on is tasting Walsh brands that were distilled elsewhere, anyway.

As I understand it Walsh have no connection with the distillery now.
    I don't know where the liquid for Walsh whiskey is made.

Without the brand association though it seriously undermines the value of the tour surely? Unless they are going to say here is the new make for "X Brand", otherwise you're just tasting unbranded whiskey which surely dilutes the appeal to the average tourist? I mean if you have the choice of going to Teeling, Roe and Co, Jameson, Bushmills etc. or "The Royal Oak Distillery" you're hardly going to go with a place and brand you've never heard of?

I just tried to book tickets there and the website is broken so presume its just cos of covid but I'd be surprised if that tour is viable in the long run.

Yeah, I totally agree. Surely if you have the equipment, you'll post pictures of it.
    They haven't been just alluding to having a distillery though, they said this week that they have four stills plus a gin still.

Winemag from April 2019: On-site distillation began early this year....

Instagram post from August 2019.

I'm still not convinced. Looked at the social media of the 3 people mentioned on their website and not one of them has a photo of a still either.

As I understand it Walsh have no connection with the distillery now. I don't know where the liquid for Walsh whiskey is made.

Used to be bushmills I read before. Don't know if that's still the case.

I'm still not convinced. Looked at the social media of the 3 people mentioned on their website and not one of them has a photo of a still either.

Well one of them is in the thread. Should be very easy to clear up.

• Advertisement

I knew they'd split from the distillery but I understood that Walsh whiskey would still be made there but that the tours and distillery itself would be managed by the Italian investors. Disappointed to hear that's the case as they're local to me and I had planned on doing the tour post covid.

Did the tour when it was still associated with Walsh whiskey. Lovely setting and distillery. Managed to get down during their maintenance shutdown so got to stick my head in a few places usually off limits. I work in the biopharma industry which would have some similarities in equipment so had a few nerdy chats with the lads working there. Got some decent samples to taste too.

The royal oak must have been the dream for Bernard Walsh so would have been hard to walk away from it. Fair play to him for sticking to his guns and not selling out the vision.

Are they running purely column stills or something, and want to hide that?

Are they running purely column stills or something, and want to hide that?

Possibly, but even then, you could have photos of mashes, fermententation or casks being filled at least.

https://irishwhiskeymagazine.com/listings/distilleries/tipperary-distillery/

Above says the stills were installed in May and there's a photo of fermenters, but no stills...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Anyone book or get updates on the virtual whiskey live event next week?

I've booked the Friday event, so looking forward to that. Hopefully some nice whiskeys to try. There's a Fercullen 18yo, Special Spot (assuming blue) and a Waterford Bannow 1.2.

Listened to more of the podcast. They elaborated to say they have 4 Hoga Stills from Portugal. 3 x 800L and 1 x 1000L stills.

I just got a bottle of bottle of Macallan Gold delivered for £22. Spotted it being sold in a pretty unlikely place for whisky. Haven't ad a Macallan yet and this seems to be their entry level whisky but looking forward to tasting later.

lp12541_6.jpg

• Advertisement

Did the tour when it was still associated with Walsh whiskey. Lovely setting and distillery. Managed to get down during their maintenance shutdown so got to stick my head in a few places usually off limits. I work in the biopharma industry which would have some similarities in equipment so had a few nerdy chats with the lads working there. Got some decent samples to taste too.

The royal oak must have been the dream for Bernard Walsh so would have been hard to walk away from it. Fair play to him for sticking to his guns and not selling out the vision.

I'm originally from only a few miles from the distillery though living a bit further away now and it was a great boost to the area when it opened its doors but local enthusiasm died down fairly quickly as there wasn't much jobs going. I spoke to a guy working there and he said there were only 4 staff employed to produce the whiskey, working shifts while the tour itself only had a few extra staff some of whom were also working as admin who did the tours as well. That was 3ish years ago if my memory is right so not that long after it opened. By contrast, Carlow brewing is only a kilometre down the road and has employed a lot of staff there over the last few years and seems to always be expanding, particularly now Estrella are involved.

My father was invited to the opening of the distillery as his company was involved in the water treatment aspect of the build and loved it, he was also involved in Slane and said the Royal Oak tour and building was much better. Terrible pity to see it go the way it has and must have been very disappointing for the Walsh family.

I'll always support them and have had nearly every whiskey they've produced at one time or another apart from the cask strengths.

Possibly, but even then, you could have photos of mashes, fermententation or casks being filled at least.

https://irishwhiskeymagazine.com/listings/distilleries/tipperary-distillery/

Above says the stills were installed in May and there's a photo of fermenters, but no stills...

It says they will be producing both single malt and single pot still.
    Which would indicate pot stills only.

The Bristol Rum tasting pack arrived this morning from Celtic Whiskey.

Just had a quick whiff, and my God they smell incredible. Very much looking forward to this one.

Signed up to this yesterday.

My mate only recently cancelled his. It teeters on the brink of "okay value" at full price, but I can't commit to 89euro a quarter at present.

At 44euro it seems worth the tilt. Now to decide what to get... Thinking Bowmore 12 or Cardhu 12...

And it seems the choice changes daily. Dammit.

I guess I'll wait.

---

Today's choices for example:
    JAMESON Caskmates Stout Edition
    THE IRISHMAN Single Malt
    EL ESPOLON Tequila Blanco
    STARWARD Nova Single Malt
    BUSHMILLS 10 Year Old
    CONNEMARA Peated
    ATLANTIC GALICIAN SPIRITS Nordés Atlantic Galician Gin
    CANTARELLE Gin De Provence
    MR BLACK Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
    WRITERS TEARS Copper Pot
    MATUSALEM 15 Gran Reserva Solera Rum.
    LOUIS ROYER VSOP Cognac
    TULLIBARDINE 500 Sherry Cask Finish
    SIPSMITH London Dry Gin
    LE PERTUIS Pure Malt Whisky
    AVIATION Gin
    GOLD OF MAURITIUS Dark Rum

Today has the above, but with

BOWMORE 12 Year Old
    and
    CARDHU 12 Year Old

What's the consensus?

Celtic Whiskey have some of the older vintages of Midleton Very Rare Series for sale.

VR 2015, 2016 & 2018, each at €225.00.

• Advertisement

That makes me feel a wee bit better that I got that 2018 for 130.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

Celtic Whiskey have some of the older vintages of Midleton Very Rare Series for sale.

As of 3 pm, only 2018 left. (20 Nov)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Picked up a 2015. Very good prices in fairness. I wonder where they materialised from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

The Bristol Rum tasting pack arrived this morning from Celtic Whiskey.

Just had a quick whiff, and my God they smell incredible. Very much looking forward to this one.

Got these as well. I know nothing about rum and have never had anything but cocktails with cheap rums. So looking forward to trying these as something different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

That makes me feel a wee bit better that I got that 2018 for 130.

I got mine at a Christmas present from my better half for that year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Today has the above, but with

BOWMORE 12 Year Old
    and
    CARDHU 12 Year Old

What's the consensus?

I looked into this on hearing about the 44 euro offer and I think that on the basis of the tasting sets it probably becomes OK value.

At the end of the day I think I'd just rather be able to buy anything I like, even if there's no slight saving on it.

I've been meandering through my Master of Malt bourbon advent calendar. Hit a few of the more pedestrian options in their line-up after the terrific start with Whistle Pig, Sonoma and Balcones... The last few have been Gentleman Jack, Jim Beam Single Barrel, Sazerac and Makers 46.

None of these are 'bad' bourbons, and you can sip all of them. The Sazerac and Makers 46 are probably the better of the lot, in that the Gentleman Jack and Beam Single Barrel are a bit thin. But not I think it's inclusion of stuff like this that lets MoM make some money on their advent calendars in fairness, it can't all be the sexy stuff.

I looked at the line-ups in their Scotch advent calendar a few years in a row. I'd had one and it was a cracking line-up, and then the following year in a dud. So I looked at them the next few years and concluded that they nearly alternate year to year in terms of how good a deal you're getting... One year good to pull people in, the next disappointing, then the next year rallying again, and so on. Maybe I'm wrong but seemed like they were really playing a long game.

Anyway, last night in a bid for a bit of a chance I opened up a one litre bottle of Glenfarclas 105.

Now, Glenfarclas 105 is a 60% abv whisky which, in the form of a 1 litre bottle, is the kind of thing that makes your Thursday night rather more memorable than it would otherwise be. This is the kind of highland whisky that other highland whiskies cry into their pillows at night, wishing they were it. It's not my definitive desert island scotch (Lagavulin 16 would still take pride of place) but it's a sensational drink from a sensational distillery.

If anyone has a cool 250,000 to spare I see Hedonism Wines in the UK is offering the full vertical of every Glenfarclas family cask bottling in the last few decades...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

Got the rum tasting set too earlier today. They smell lovely, looking forward to the night.

I looked into this on hearing about the 44 euro offer and I think that on the basis of the tasting sets it probably becomes OK value.

At the end of the day I think I'd just rather be able to buy anything I like, even if there's no slight saving on it.

That's exactly how I felt about it. At 89 it's too rich for my blood but I think at 44 it's worth a punt.

But as I'm a scotch neophyte I need pointers here on the choice of Cardhu or Bowmore...

Now, Glenfarclas 105 is a 60% abv whisky which, in the form of a 1 litre bottle, is the kind of thing that makes your Thursday night rather more memorable than it would otherwise be. This is the kind of highland whisky that other highland whiskies cry into their pillows at night, wishing they were it. It's not my definitive desert island scotch (Lagavulin 16 would still take pride of place) but it's a sensational drink from a sensational distillery.

Beautiful whiskey. Need to pick up a bottle.

• Advertisement

That's exactly how I felt about it. At 89 it's too rich for my blood but I think at 44 it's worth a punt.

But as I'm a scotch neophyte I need pointers here on the choice of Cardhu or Bowmore...

Bowmore 12...

It's on the more gentle end of Islay offerings. It's still peatier than would be the norm anywhere other than Scotland, and Islay in particular, however. I'd say it's a decent introduction to Islay whiskies although not the baptism of fire that leaping in directly to something like Ardbeg 10 or Laphroaig 10 would be. It's quite a bit cheaper than either of those, however.

I got a bottle for about 35 euro earlier in the summer on sale in Tesco in NI.

The Cardhu I would say is comparable in terms of quality but I'm going by reputation only there.

Looking at the full list you got, if it was me I think you're right to identify those two as the best of the Scotches on offer. If it were me I would probably take a punt on either Le Pertuis or the Starward... But complete gambling, I know nothing about either distillery. World whiskies are usually either amazing or total pants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bruichladdich tasting last night....my God, a bit of a peat overload. i really liked thePrt Charlotte I have to say but some of the Octomore's were a bit overpowering for my tastes.

Anyone tried the Drumshambo whiskey yet? They are €50 in Tesco so decided to pickup a bottle. Very nice packaging if nothing else.

Tesco also had M&M single Grain @ €40 and Glenlivet Founders Reserve @ €30, Talisker 10 @ €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭2011abc

Cardhu 12 isnt my cup of tea at all.Id sooner have any basic irish .It can have that random Scotch smoke/peat thats not enough to give it character but enough to spoil it .

In general Irish is far better value for money (or was before the recent rapid upwards trajectory of prices which may well kill the goose that laid the golden egg)

Glenfarclas 105 is a ok value in Ireland at 75 euro a litre bottle in Celtic Whiskey Shop(Im giving them the plug despite not being impressed with their jumping on the Whisky Bible lynching bandwagon a while back) Its staggering value in some other juristictions .Its pretty much at or near the top of the sherry bomb tree but not as polished as the likes of Aberlour A'bunadh (they lost legions of fans putting price up 25-35% overnight a few years ago) or Teeling Brabazon Vol1.In fact it has a slightly crude edge to it .Not sure if thats masked or caused by the crazy alcohol level .Have bought a few bottles in the past ,Id probably get another some day but would prefer 700ml of a more finely crafted spirit now I reckon .

Aberlour A'bunadh is definitely a bit less harsh (too strong a word) than the 105 but not worth the extra 20-45 euro.

Have my first 'no whiskey in the press' week in some time now .Might leave it empty for a bit on financial grounds ...if Lidl do their Bush for a tenner I will snatch one of them but sick of the new 35-50 euro whiskies now 65-80 'trend'.And as for this'No age statement ' pee take ...

Have to give an honourable mention in that regard to JJ Corry and their piechart breakdown of contents by year .The gael 2 was def my 2020 highlight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Just picked up a Blue Spot....and was looking longingly at a Barry Crockett ... think I'll treat myself in the next week or 2 ;)

Just picked up a Blue Spot....and was looking longingly at a Barry Crockett ... think I'll treat myself in the next week or 2 ;)

The Barry Crockett is certainly angel tears on the tongue but youd need a rock(mod)star's dough to make a habit of it.JJ Corry The Gael 2 is a bit reminiscent of it for 30% of the price I reckon.(Mandarin flavoured , angel wing feather lightness on the tongue ?)

I hit the big 5-0 soon and reckon I might splurge on one or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

2011abc wrote: »
    The Barry Crockett is certainly angel tears on the tongue but youd need a rock(mod)star's dough to make a habit of it.JJ Corry The Gael 2 is a bit reminiscent of it for 30% of the price I reckon.(Mandarin flavoured , angel wing feather lightness on the tongue ?)

I hit the big 5-0 soon and reckon I might splurge on one or the other

My normal treat is the Redbreast 21yo, occasional treat the BC.... but I'm also thinking of trying the Dair Ghaelach, which I've never tried...and I'd be a bit peeved if I didn't like it :D

Bowmore 12...

It's on the more gentle end of Islay offerings. It's still peatier than would be the norm anywhere other than Scotland, and Islay in particular, however. I'd say it's a decent introduction to Islay whiskies although not the baptism of fire that leaping in directly to something like Ardbeg 10 or Laphroaig 10 would be. It's quite a bit cheaper than either of those, however.

I got a bottle for about 35 euro earlier in the summer on sale in Tesco in NI.

The Cardhu I would say is comparable in terms of quality but I'm going by reputation only there.

Looking at the full list you got, if it was me I think you're right to identify those two as the best of the Scotches on offer. If it were me I would probably take a punt on either Le Pertuis or the Starward... But complete gambling, I know nothing about either distillery. World whiskies are usually either amazing or total pants.

Thanks a million.

I wasn't prepared to gamble with the available choices and in fact, if it wasn't or the Bowmore or Cardhu I might have grabbed a rum.

From the tips and advice on here and off here I think I'll jump for the Bowmore.

Now, hopefully it's still an available choice when I get back to the laptop.

Id be curious to know if my description of Barry Crockett as "Mandarin flavoured , angel wing feather lightness on the tongue" is anywhere in the ballpark .Despite being in my third or fourth year as a whiskey fancier I can smell almost NOTHING and 'finish' doesnt mean much to me either -although I know Yellow Spot has it by the bucketload .Does anyone who has had The Gael and BC taste similarities ?(I know one is a blend and the other a Pot Still )

adrian522 wrote:
    Bruichladdich tasting last night....my God, a bit of a peat overload. i really liked thePrt Charlotte I have to say but some of the Octomore's were a bit overpowering for my tastes.

Big fan of peat and have enjoyed any Octomore I've tried. I have that tasting pack but didn't join in as I was doing a Fercullen tasting last night. Think it would be too much drinking them one after another. I'll spread them out over a few nights.

• Advertisement

Big fan of peat and have enjoyed any Octomore I've tried. I have that tasting pack but didn't join in as I was doing a Fercullen tasting last night. Think it would be too much drinking them one after another. I'll spread them out over a few nights.

Was at Kilbeggan tour and scowled in disgust along with the 'tourists' at the medicinal Connemara 'Peated' ....disliked hints of peat in the couple of cheap Scotchs I tried .Then went to a Bruicladdich tasting ,Octomore ,Black Art ...Mamma mia !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement