Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Whisky/Whiskey are we drinking this month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Batch 1 unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why was Kilbeggan 8 yr discontinued? It’s so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Dtp1979 wrote: »

They have a NAS single grain that would be equivalent to it now.

I have a bottle of the 8 there that I'll think I'll hold onto and grab the current release as my new regular sipper.

I milled through the first bottle I got. It's gorgeous.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Kilbeggan-Single-Grain

Has anyone had it to compare?

---

EDIT: Seems Irish Malts have some of the 8 in stock.
    https://ie.irishmalts.com/single-grain/kilbeggan-8-year-old-single-grain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Not sure why they switched from the 8 yo, maybe they just didn't have enough aged stocks of the single grain.

Just note that the Kilbeggan Single Grain NAS is a different composition in terms of inputs, casks used and is bottled at 43% versus the original 8 year old. So, alternatively, maybe it was just a different distiller at the helm.

Even that nearly ended up being blended into the basic Kilbeggan after the Beam takeover, along with the other niche Kilbeggan bottlings... Beam weren't keen on anything other than the basic Kilbeggan.
    But Suntory took over in time.

* There was a very good Potstilled podcast with John Cashman ex of Kilbeggan which touched on it:
    https://potstilled.com/2020/05/20/episode-q5-john-cashman-industry-veteran-global-brand-ambassador/

For fans of Kilbeggan Single Grain, @36 minutes there's some good info on the differences between the 8 year old and the current NAS version.
    Previously it was all bourbon barrels, now there's a mix of bourbon, virgin oak, sherry and PX.
    Much more complex blend and includes some 'double digit' aged whiskey in there.
    Now bottled at 43% versus 40%.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Cazale wrote: »
    Same people behind Grace O'Malley which is hit and miss too.

To continue with this theme... I opened my DrinksHero sample of the Grace O'Malley Rum Cask finish - and it's a hit.

I'll copy the description from here:
    https://wineonline.ie/products/grace-omalley-rum-cask-irish-whiskey
    Created from a unique blend of malt and grain whiskeys, this blend combines multiple batches of whiskey of varying age statements up to ten years to deliver the perfect balance of fruitiness, age-character, complexity and smoothness. Unique in Ireland due to its high content of double-distilled (40%) and triple distilled (6%) malt, the whiskey is finished in wet casks from Jamaican and Barbados rums to give an added rich spiciness.

I don't think I could justify paying €60 for a bottle, versus almost half that for the Tullamore Dew rum cask finish... but it's a lovely drop

GRACEO_MALLEYRUM_grande.jpg?v=1592900043

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dry January was going so well until the 5 cans I had on Tuesday night cos no college on wednesdays and been laid off work.

So tonight we opened the bottle of powers we got at xmas that was supposed to be drunk under moonlight on a beach in west Clare which didnt happen obviously.

Much nicer than I expected and one I'll definitely be picking up to have regularly. After saying no no no, the missus asked for her own after tasting mine. High praise indeed. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭newbie runner

dobman88 wrote: »
    Dry January was going so well until the 5 cans I had on Tuesday night cos no college on wednesdays and been laid off work.

So tonight we opened the bottle of powers we got at xmas that was supposed to be drunk under moonlight on a beach in west Clare which didnt happen obviously.

Much nicer than I expected and one I'll definitely be picking up to have regularly. After saying no no no, the missus asked for her own after tasting mine. High praise indeed. Lol.

Ah shur why not...was it a standard Powers?

Ah shur why not...was it a standard Powers?

Yep. Just the normal stuff.

Going into the unknown here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Where'd you get that? And how is it?

• Advertisement

I was only looking at that today!

I look forward to the review!

irish_goat wrote: »
    Where'd you get that? And how is it?

According to my very minimal spreadsheet of various purchases since Covid -19 kicked in, I won it in the Irish Whiskey Auction of July 2020 for € 46 , total paid of € 51.66 when all fees and charges were included.Great Value, and a very pleasant whiskey.At first,quite smokey on the nose , as expected, but lovely tongue smacking flavours as it goes down the throat, with a real peaty smokey long aftertaste lingering which I like. Light on the palate while drinking(watery to a fault...i know that doesnt make sense) , as in , one could go through the bottle very easily. Must pour myself another one in anticipation of Munster winning tomorrow night.:)

Here she is in all her glory below ...I'll be looking out for another one for sure

https://previous.irishwhiskeyauctions.ie/ultimate-auction/amrut-peated-indian-single-malt-whisky/

I also try to buy local as much as possible, and regularly purchase in establishments in West Cork to support the guys doing the hard graft.Its too easy at times to buy online from abroad, and auctions as such.That's for a different thread I'm sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I ordered a bottle of Red Silkie from the Sliabh Liag website last Sunday. It turned up 48 hours later with a lovely personalised note thanking me for my purchase. The bottle and case are gorgeous, and so is the whiskey. It's a 46% abv blend but needs no water or ice at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I ordered a bottle of Red Silkie from the Sliabh Liag website last Sunday. It turned up 48 hours later with a lovely personalised note thanking me for my purchase. The bottle and case are gorgeous, and so is the whiskey. It's a 46% abv blend but needs no water or ice at all.
    Glad to hear another positive review. My dad's from Donegal so I bought him a bottle for his upcoming birthday. Hopefully he likes it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I have a bottle of Amrut Fusion, have not tasted it in a while so must go back to it..might not be tonight though as had a few last night including Ardbeg, Glenmorangie and Black Bush..
    Have to say Black Bush is a lovely whiskey that never disappoints me..

Continuing my tastings of rum cask finish whiskies - next up is Hyde no.4 rum finish. RRP €50.

This is definitely the most 'rummy' of the ones I've sampled - rum raisin sultanas figs molasses coming through, with a long lasting finish. Perhaps because the aging was in dark rum casks.
    Interestingly, this is a single malt - distilled on traditional copper pot still from 100% malted barley, and aged 6 years.

I would still pick Tullamore Dew XO rum cask finish in terms of bangs per buck but a full bottle of the Hyde as a present would be most welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Just had a sample of Drumshanbo single pot still. Very impressive and subtle whiskey. Really enjoyed it. Thier gin is very tasty so will get myself a bottle soon enough.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Continuing my tastings of rum cask finish whiskies - next up is Hyde no.4 rum finish. RRP €50.

This is definitely the most 'rummy' of the ones I've sampled - rum raisin sultanas figs molasses coming through, with a long lasting finish. Perhaps because the aging was in dark rum casks.
    Interestingly, this is a single malt - distilled on traditional copper pot still from 100% malted barley, and aged 6 years.

I would still pick Tullamore Dew XO rum cask finish in terms of bangs per buck but a full bottle of the Hyde as a present would be most welcome :)

I love the sound of that,

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Celebrated my wife's birthday with some Aberfeldy 16 over the weekend. I tried some during the L. Mulligan Hogmanay tasting and it was an immediate favourite. Have to stop myself from pouring another now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

After 90 minutes of watching their ads flashing around the boundary of the Old Trafford pitch earlier, I had to pour a measure of Chivas Regal for myself tonight. It goes very, very well with beating Liverpool in the Cup. :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

After 90 minutes of watching their ads flashing around the boundary of the Old Trafford pitch earlier, I had to pour a measure of Chivas Regal for myself tonight. It goes very, very well with beating Liverpool in the Cup.

Hopefully it gave you a hangover!

Holly drinking some Bruichladdich on This Morning. My kind of girl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭2011abc

My Mrs had it recorded ,only the briefest of mentions after fast forwarding for ages .Phil seems the whiskey fan anyway, more so than Holly.Just picked up a Lidl /West Cork/DunDealgan Single Malt IPA Finish for 26 euro .Not overly impressed .Ive mentioned before I was a HUGE West Cork Dha Chasca fan 2/3 years ago .Hoovered it up at 34 euro in SuperValu .But price went up and I think quality went down .My initial Lockdown desolation/despair online order from IrishMalts (great service /packing and 4.95 post seems VERY reasonable especially if spread over 2 or more bottles)was 2x500ml JJ Corry The Gael 2 (now flippin' sold out everywhere :-( )and West Cork Cask Strength and Sherry Cask Single Malt.I was disappointed with both the WCs (and ecstatic with the JJ Corry Gael 2).The Cask Stregth was ok but the Sherry Cask was Id nearly go as far as to say 'unpleasant' .Id call myself a 'sherrybomb' fan but we all know that means dried fruit sweetness/'Christmas in a glass' not ACTUAL sherry .This felt like diluted sherry had been tipped in along with the whiskey ...
    Fast forward to ...now ....and Im drinking the West Cork IPA Cask Lidl special and it tastes ...the same !The unpleasantness is the immaturity I think ...Its a Single malt and has the chesty bite but ....Im not sure for the money I wouldnt prefer a Blackbush or even a Bush .Im not saying its undrinkable like (God forbid!) a Queen Margot (Lidl) (Being Burns night I would have gone for a Lidl/Aldi Scotch 8 Year Old but my local Lidl only had the 5/3 year old ...But its immaturity is evident .Did someone say that West Cork have changed from bottling mature Cooley stock to their own spirit in last year or two ?OK so a Teeling SM is twice the money but is it twice the drink?!Yes,yes I think it is .OK being positive its the starting point for Single Malt Irish Whiskey .(But if youre like me needs to be accompanied by grapes/banana/cherries/chocolate etc )

We had a drop of the Aberlour A'Bundah last night to celebrate some good news. For 60.3% it really is way too easy to drink. A very nice after taste and flavours milling round the mouth if you let it sit on the tongue for just a second. Very sweet.

Also, we left the.empty glasses on the table last night and there was a gorgeous smell in the room this morning and still now beside me. A nice mix of oak, vanilla and maple smells. Its overpowering the candle herself has it's that strong.

Nothing to dislike about this whiskey..

We had a drop of the Aberlour A'Bundah last night to celebrate some good news. For 60.3% it really is way too easy to drink. A very nice after taste and flavours milling round the mouth if you let it sit on the tongue for just a second. Very sweet.

Also, we left the.empty glasses on the table last night and there was a gorgeous smell in the room this morning and still now beside me. A nice mix of oak, vanilla and maple smells. Its overpowering the candle herself has it's that strong.

Apart from price !

• Advertisement

2011abc wrote: »
    Apart from price !

Meh. You get what you pay for. Not something I'd normally get but mentioned at the time I got it with my Christmas bonus from work. For occasions like last night and tbh when we finish this bottle, I'd happily buy another. Not sure what the regular price is but I paid €75 and dont feel cheated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Meh. You get what you pay for. Not something I'd normally get but mentioned at the time I got it with my Christmas bonus from work. For occasions like last night and tbh when we finish this bottle, I'd happily buy another. Not sure what the regular price is but I paid €75 and dont feel cheated.

I got a bottle for that price too. I'd consider it great value at that price. Personally I'd rather drink smaller amounts of good whiskey than pouring pints of paint stripper down my neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Apart from price !

Price is very reasonable for the quality of whiskey you get. Very good value in fact, compared to say something like redspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Had some myself last night also. I find a few drops of water opens it up beautifully, although, as you say, it's perfectly fine straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭DeniG2

Has anyone seen the DUNDALGAN 10 Year Old Single Malt Whiskey in Lidl?

Every Lidl I've looked in has the IPA Edition, Sherry Edition and Stout Edition (no Charred Cask either btw)

Just wondering if the 10 Year Old Single Malt is limited edition or just not in the Lidls in my area.

Has anyone tried these by the way?

• Advertisement

DeniG2 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the DUNDALGAN 10 Year Old Single Malt Whiskey in Lidl?

Every Lidl I've looked in has the IPA Edition, Sherry Edition and Stout Edition (no Charred Cask either btw)

Just wondering if the 10 Year Old Single Malt is limited edition or just not in the Lidls in my area.

Has anyone tried these by the way?

See my post a few above .TLDR Id get a basic Bush or Blackbush for the money or pay the bit more for something nicer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭DeniG2

See my post a few above .TLDR Id get a basic Bush or Blackbush for the money or pay the bit more for something nicer

Thanks, I read your post but my question is mainly about the 10 Year Old Single Malt (apparently "award winning") which I can't find anywhere. I understand Black Bush is better but I have a few bottles of that and thought the Lidl 10 Year Old might be worth trying out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thethinone

Looks like JJ Corry The Gael batch 2 is in stock in Celtic Whiskey Shop.
    Has anyone had batch 2 and batch 3? Any thoughts on how they compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whiskey meets crypto

Singapore launches a whisky backed digital security exchange. Port Ellen offerings gained 30% in value on the first day.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Finance/Singapore-dangles-digital-whisky-trade-to-lure-Asia-s-wealthy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Mellor wrote: »
    Whiskey meets crypto

Singapore launches a whisky backed digital security exchange.
    Nikkei from the Barrel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

thethinone wrote: »
    Looks like JJ Corry The Gael batch 2 is in stock in Celtic Whiskey Shop.
    Has anyone had batch 2 and batch 3? Any thoughts on how they compare?

Anyone interested in a bottle share of this? If so, PM me.

I can buy it and split it and organise postage before asking for any money.

Couple of tastings coming up. I got the W.D. O’Connell pack as I like what Daithi is doing from what Ive tasted so far.

Gelstons Irish Whiskey Tasting

5 x 30ml

Join us this February for a virtual tasting with Samuel Gelston's whiskies! This tasting pack features samples of the Gelston's Blended, Gelston's Single Malt, Gelston's Pot Still Pinot Noir, Gelston's 12 Year Old Rum Cask Finish, and Gelston's 28 Year Old.

Zoom tasting will take place on Thursday, February 25th at 8pm with Johnny Neil from Halewood International and Celtic Whiskey Bar's Luke Crowley Holland.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Gelstons-Irish-Whiskey-Tasting-Pack-EU-Based-Customers-Including-Delivery?search=tasting

W.D. O’Connell Irish Whiskey Tasting

5 x 30ml

Join us this March for a virtual tasting with W.D. O'Connell Whiskey Merchants! This tasting pack features samples of the Bill Phil Batch 2, Bill Phil Cask Strength, 12 Year Old Sherry Matured, 18 Year Old PX Finish, and a special future release.

Zoom tasting will take place on Thursday, March 4th at 8pm with Daithi O'Connell from W.D. O'Connell Whiskey Merchants and Celtic Whiskey Bar's Luke Crowley Holland.

https://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/WD-O-Connell-Irish-Whiskey-Tasting-Pack-EU-Based-Customers-Including-Delivery?search=tasting&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

Any suggestions for getting a bottle of a limited edition bourbon that is only available in the US, and for now is only available as a pre-order, so can't ask someone to nip into a whiskey store over there and pick one up physically?

I presume the An Post US addresspal won't take alcohol?

Are there Irish shops that would make a one bottle order? (Its not expensive, but its hard to get, its more a novelty whiskey than a purists one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

lobbylad wrote: »
    Any suggestions for getting a bottle of a limited edition bourbon that is only available in the US, and for now is only available as a pre-order, so can't ask someone to nip into a whiskey store over there and pick one up physically?

I presume the An Post US addresspal won't take alcohol?

Are there Irish shops that would make a one bottle order? (Its not expensive, but its hard to get, its more a novelty whiskey than a purists one)

Address pal will take alcohol, but you will get caught for customs. Best bet is to get a store over there to ship it to a friend, and have them forward it

I'm still ''abstaining'' from whiskey apart from a few tastings I'd already purchased for the next few months. It's a big loophole at the moment as this week I'll be sampling 10 whiskeys over two tastings! None of my own pours though so I'm sticking to the spirit of it. Kinda.

I did the Celtic Whiskey Glenmorangie tasting on Tuesday night. First off I have to say the Celtic Whiskey nights I've done have been fairly staid affairs. I spent all day in work today on video calls and they remind me of that. Boring and lack of character. Give me Michael Fogarty half cut dressed as Frankenstein regaling us stories of misadventure any day. If only L Mulligans did 30ml samples! Speaking of which have they knocked their nights on the head? Hasn't been any recently.

Glenmorangie itself was a distillery I hadn't tried much before. The verdict is they do decent whisky but I'm not sure if I want to buy any full bottles. Technical issues from the ambassadors connection and his insistence on promoting glenmorangie cocktails lost my interest. A tasting note of a spice bag from one of the participants was the highlight of the night.

Next up is tomorrow nights Irish Whiskey Society's Springbank tasting incorporating their other brands like Longrow and Kilkerran. The host? None other than Michael Fogarty. The samples are 17.5ml though. Can't win them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cazale wrote: »
    I'm still ''abstaining'' from whiskey apart from a few tastings I'd already purchased for the next few months. It's a big loophole at the moment as this week I'll be sampling 10 whiskeys over two tastings! None of my own pours though so I'm sticking to the spirit of it. Kinda.

I did the Celtic Whiskey Glenmorangie tasting on Tuesday night. First off I have to say the Celtic Whiskey nights I've done have been fairly staid affairs. I spent all day in work today on video calls and they remind me of that. Boring and lack of character. Give me Michael Fogarty half cut dressed as Frankenstein regaling us stories of misadventure any day. If only L Mulligans did 30ml samples! Speaking of which have they knocked their nights on the head? Hasn't been any recently.

Glenmorangie itself was a distillery I hadn't tried much before. The verdict is they do decent whisky but I'm not sure if I want to buy any full bottles. Technical issues from the ambassadors connection and his insistence on promoting glenmorangie cocktails lost my interest. A tasting note of a spice bag from one of the participants was the highlight of the night.

Next up is tomorrow nights Irish Whiskey Society's Springbank tasting incorporating their other brands like Longrow and Kilkerran. The host? None other than Michael Fogarty. The samples are 17.5ml though. Can't win them all!

I'm a fan of Glenmorangie in general and the Signet is one of my special favourites.

I'm with you on losing interest in staid tastings. On one of the L. Mulligan tastings last year Michael was cleansing his palate with cans of Tennents!

I'm a fan of Glenmorangie in general and the Signet is one of my special favourites.

Yeah to be fair the signet was a special whiskey.

Once again here to sing the praises of the Tesco Irish Finest Single Malt at €34.43 .It’s a smashing , refined , complex drop .My last post was expressing considerable reservations about the Lidl / West Cork IPA cask Single malt .I definitely think going up (from its €26) to this or ‘down’ to a Bush White at the target €20 is preferable .
    I pride myself in learning to differentiate the holy quadrilogy of ‘Irish ‘( Paddy/Power/Jamie/Bush )by taste but as for the nose I wouldn’t have a clue ....THIS Tesco Finest Irish SM I would go so far as to say is the ONLY whiskey that I could detect by nose .It’s that good .

With Tyrconnell and Sexton at 40 and Slane ( fond memories but not within €2 of the Tesco )at 32 this is my current moderately priced star

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Jim Murray has put up a note in their Instagram saying they've decided to sell an e-book version for the first time ever, along with links to the 2020 and 2021 Whiskey Bible. They're saying they decided to do it to make the Whiskey Bible easier to get hold of in during the pandemic, when there are issues going to bricks and mortar stores.

But I wonder is it also a neat way around the problem of various whiskey shops falling into line and withdrawing the book from sale after Becky Paskin's article last year.

I definitely remember a few years ago buying one of the editions as an app, I'm actually a little surprised there was no e-book available before this, if it's true.

- - -

I haven't been drinking much whisky these days, but for those interested, I have the following open:-

- Glenfarclas 105
    - Lagavulin 12 year old Offerman edition
    - Killowen small batch dark rum

Once again here to sing the praises of the Tesco Irish Finest Single Malt at €34.43 .It’s a smashing , refined , complex drop .My last post was expressing considerable reservations about the Lidl / West Cork IPA cask Single malt .I definitely think going up (from its €26) to this or ‘down’ to a Bush White at the target €20 is preferable .
    I pride myself in learning to differentiate the holy quadrilogy of ‘Irish ‘( Paddy/Power/Jamie/Bush )by taste but as for the nose I wouldn’t have a clue ....THIS Tesco Finest Irish SM I would go so far as to say is the ONLY whiskey that I could detect by nose .It’s that good .

With Tyrconnell and Sexton at 40 and Slane ( fond memories but not within €2 of the Tesco )at 32 this is my current moderately priced star

Isn't it a scandal the duty and taxes on drink in this country. We could be all on here discussing and wondering on the flavours of limited editions, new releases, and various cask finishes, and instead are mostly bound by financial constraints through no fault of our own.

One just looks at vlogs from other users across the world during reviews, and when they mention price points, my jaw drops in comparison to what we pay here in Ireland for the same release.

A special duty rate for 100% Irish products would do a lot for local small producers of beer and spirits

Jim Murray has put up a note in their Instagram saying they've decided to sell an e-book version for the first time ever, along with links to the 2020 and 2021 Whiskey Bible. They're saying they decided to do it to make the Whiskey Bible easier to get hold of in during the pandemic, when there are issues going to bricks and mortar stores.

But I wonder is it also a neat way around the problem of various whiskey shops falling into line and withdrawing the book from sale after Becky Paskin's article last year.

I definitely remember a few years ago buying one of the editions as an app, I'm actually a little surprised there was no e-book available before this, if it's true.

- - -

I haven't been drinking much whisky these days, but for those interested, I have the following open:-

- Glenfarclas 105
    - Lagavulin 12 year old Offerman edition
    - Killowen small batch dark rum

I mulled over that for a long while. What's it like?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A special duty rate for 100% Irish products would do a lot for local small producers of beer and spirits
    There are about three batches of all-Irish-ingredients beer brewed commercially per year, so I can't see the brewers going for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That would almost certainly breach EU law

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    That would almost certainly breach EU law

Breach it the same way we give multinationals their own tax rate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement