Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want blu ray writer

Options
  • 02-03-2016 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Can anyone advise me on an external blu ray writer. On win 7 64 bit if that matters and am making blu ray film with vegas pro 12. Does not have top be top of the range, will not use alot

Will BR writers write ordinary dvd, if so I might put in in the desktop and put the desktop one in the laptop if that works as the laptop does not work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Can I ask why you would want to put your movie on a BluRay? Very few people have them, and you could buy something like a Chromecast for €39 and cast a youtube version to a TV, or any version to the TV for that matter. A cheaper and neater solution... depending on what you need to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

Can I ask why you would want to put your movie on a BluRay? Very few people have them, and you could buy something like a Chromecast for €39 and cast a youtube version to a TV, or any version to the TV for that matter. A cheaper and neater solution... depending on what you need to do.
    Does that involve uploading to youtube?

Anyway I have a BR player and want a BR for me and for others who have BR. I am going to make two copies, one DVD and one BR but will not be uploading to internet

Would chromecast work on a HD ready TV. It has HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does that involve uploading to youtube?

Anyway I have a BR player and want a BR for me and for others who have BR. I am going to make two copies, one DVD and one BR but will not be uploading to internet

Would chromecast work on a HD ready TV. It has HDMI.

Yes, it'll be fine.

If your TV is HDReady then using a bluray player is like putting aviation fuel in a Honda 50.

Advertisement