Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Dealers

Options
  • 02-03-2016 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could reccommend good car dealer in Donegal. Does anyone have any experience with Gallaghers Ballybofey or S & R motors in Donegal town. I would be grateful for your advice as have not dealt with them in the past. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Delta7 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could reccommend good car dealer in Donegal. Does anyone have any experience with Gallaghers Ballybofey or S & R motors in Donegal town. I would be grateful for your advice as have not dealt with them in the past. Many thanks
    Like a lot of things in this life people will have different experiences - some would swear by a particular car dealer while others would warn you not to touch them with the proverbial barge pole. Personally I cant comment on either of the two you mentioned as I have had no dealings with either.

Mod hat on: For the benefit of anyone else posting, if you have something positive to say then post away. However if your comments are going to be negative and not overly friendly towards the car dealer then PM the OP please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delta7

Hi Muffler,

I hear what you are saying, I was just hoping someone would have had positive experiences with one to help me choose.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi Muffler,

I hear what you are saying, I was just hoping someone would have had positive experiences with one to help me choose.

Many thanks
    No probs. Hang in there and Im sure someone will reply and share their (good) experiences. :)

I had to throw in a "word of caution" above as we had a bit of bother some time ago when something similar was discussed and a very disgruntled business person was non too happy about the negative comments that were posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Hi All,

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Hi All,

If your looking for a high end 2nd hand car, Gallaghers is a good place to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The issue with this is that anyone who bought a car and didn't have any problem with car is going to be happy with any dealer. What is important is how the dealer responds when something goes wrong with a car. Those are the people I'd want to hear from and how the dealer dealt with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Wife bought a 2011 Passat CC from S&R before Xmas found them good to deal with. Once the deal was done and money was transferred they met us the following day in Enniskillen (halfway) with the car. Very happy with the deal we received including a 2 year VAG warranty.

Advertisement