Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored Sub Forum appearing multiple times

Options
  • 02-03-2016 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Just noticed a change on the Athletics/Running forum where the new Sponsored forum (Sponsored Forum: Virgin Media Night Run – Sunday May 22nd 9:30pm ) is actually also appear as a sub forum of all other sub forums.

I am wondering is this normal practice as it doesn't appear to be consistent with other Sponsored forums (Such as the Bulk Powder one in The Fitness Forum)?

As a previous moderator of the forum under a previously closed account (ecoli) who spent alot of time upholding the charter's advertisement rules I was deeply disappointed to see this appear on the forum in general, however, the in your face nature as below seems over the top.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Myles Spitz,
    This is correct, it is intended to appear across all Athletics forums. This is not normally how we do a sub-forum, moreso a Sponsored Post but we decided to see how this would work. The sub-forum actually lives in Athletics/Running with the rest of them being links back to that sub-forum. I hope that answers your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Hi Myles Spitz,
    This is correct, it is intended to appear across all Athletics forums. This is not normally how we do a sub-forum, moreso a Sponsored Post but we decided to see how this would work. The sub-forum actually lives in Athletics/Running with the rest of them being links back to that sub-forum. I hope that answers your question.

It, does indeed sadly

I would urge you to re-consider this, as an active contributor to the forum for over 9 years I can tell you that this sort of in your face promotion (of this race in particular) will have a much more negative impact on the forum as a whole as it went against the ethos for which the forum has grown.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Update on this - we have removed the links from the other sub-forums of Athletics / Running with just the one Virgin Media Night Run sub-forum remaining under Athletics / Running.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement