Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Radio blocked?

Options
  • 02-03-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

We have been happily using http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/ and a wifi radio on Eir until recently. The Raido still connects to Wifi or ethernet on your fibre modem but can't load any  channels (radio is also pingable from other devices). I've put the radio onto hostireland, Virgin and Magnet links and it works fine. I've logged into the modem and temporarily disabled the firewall to no avail.

I'm hoping you would hve an idea of whats going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

First guess is that eir are missing a route to the network where its hosted. If you find out what IP's the actual content is served from (not the website) then you can check and see if connectivity is there or how far you can go with a simple ping/tracert. 

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

ED E wrote: »
    First guess is that eir are missing a route to the network where its hosted. If you find out what IP's the actual content is served from (not the website) then you can check and see if connectivity is there or how far you can go with a simple ping/tracert. 

Thanks Ed I was thinking that, I reckon I'll stick the radio behind a decent firewall and see where its trying to go. Hadnt the time or tools to do it today so thought I ask the isp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

Forgot to update this. All traffic from the radio was port 80. Switched to google DNS the radio works without a hitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

The Duk wrote: »
    Forgot to update this. All traffic from the radio was port 80. Switched to google DNS the radio works without a hitch.
    Thanks for updating us The Duk,
    Glad you got it sorted :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement