Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Your cleaner/gardener in Lucan

Options
  • 02-03-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks,

Can anyone living in the lucan area recommend a cleaner? Needed between 3-4 hours per week, maybe split over 2 hours/1.5 hours twice a week. Ive looked on Ha**le but am unsure as to whether to believe the reviews. We're a busy house, 3 kids, so they cant be afraid of a bit of a mess, however, no pets!

Also, If anyone knows a gardener who is reasonable, just for basic grass cutting (of a big garden) a recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Also looking for a cleaner in the Lucan area, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No idea about a cleaner but I used this guy for a sizable job in the garden a few weeks ago and was very happy with the price and the work:

Victor's Gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drennane

Heroditas wrote: »
    No idea about a cleaner but I used this guy for a sizable job in the garden a few weeks ago and was very happy with the price and the work:

I have just been dealing with the above company today. Rang Victor to get him to consider a job and price it for me. The first red flag was the mention of "I don't want you wasting my time" on the call. I persevered.
    When he called he was very abrupt. Quoted me what I thought was a very large figure. I mentioned as much, hoping to ensure that we are on the same page in what I was looking for him to get done. Obviously not liking this he said "ok, bye then" and walked off the property. This is probably the rudest and most arrogant first contact I've ever had with a company and this was Victor himself.
    Obviously there is a lot of garden work out there at the moment.
    I've since got a quote of 1/3 of what he suggested, which confirmed my initial thought on this figure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

drennane wrote: »
    I have just been dealing with the above company today. Rang Victor to get him to consider a job and price it for me. The first red flag was the mention of "I don't want you wasting my time" on the call. I persevered.
    When he called he was very abrupt. Quoted me what I thought was a very large figure. I mentioned as much, hoping to ensure that we are on the same page in what I was looking for him to get done. Obviously not liking this he said "ok, bye then" and walked off the property. This is probably the rudest and most arrogant first contact I've ever had with a company and this was Victor himself.
    I've since got a quote of 1/3 of what he suggested, which confirmed my initial thought on this figure.

Who's the other contact then if you'd be so kind :)

drennane wrote: »

Wow! Surprised and disappointed to hear that. I'd found him to be pleasant but to the point.
    Also surprised about the cost. May I ask what you wanted to get done? He seems to be very competitive for basic work like pruning, cutting back etc.
    At least, that's what I thought...

• Advertisement

Who's the other contact then if you'd be so kind :)

I didn't go with that guy in the end, only because I decided to scale down the amount of work involved and either way I could not get him until September.
    These guys were also somewhat cheaper, willing to start straight away and found them to be quite pleasant, but I cannot as of yet vouch for their work;

landscapers.ie

Heroditas wrote: »
    Wow! Surprised and disappointed to hear that. I'd found him to be pleasant but to the point.
    Also surprised about the cost. May I ask what you wanted to get done? He seems to be very competitive for basic work like pruning, cutting back etc.
    At least, that's what I thought...

I wanted to spread some soil and then rake and seed a 60m2 lawn. Basically half the back garden of a 3 bed semi. He quoted €15/m2 (which I found to be a strangely cryptic way of quoting for the job). So after doing the measurements, that would have worked out at €900. So that's why I looked to question the figure. I would not spend the best part of a thousand bucks to rake and seed a lawn. Other quotes were between €300 and €500.

Depends on how much soil he was going to spread. That would make up a lot of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Looking for a cleaner in Lucan village. If anyone has a recommendation please feel free to PM me.

Advertisement