Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why on earth did I come back to Eir from Sky???

Options
  • 02-03-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Why did I listen to a 'cold' caller yesterday...I dunno...

I went from a good 400kBs(24/7) to a crappy 100kBs download speed as in a 4Meg connection down to a less than 1Meg connection...
    On top of it I had to ring support as there was no broadband (presumably Sky dropping the connection when hearing from Eir) from last night to this morning after ringing support when having installed the modem and still no internet...
    'cold' caller specifically said Eir has less contention than Sky...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi pegasus1,

I'm very sorry to hear about your decrease in broadband speeds however if an order was placed yesterday your broadband would not be with eir as of yet.
    Have you received an account number? Please feel free to PM me with this and I can check this.

Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Pm sent, sorry Pamela, called you Tony..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

pegasus1 wrote: »
    No problem, Will be back to you shortly pegasus1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

eir: Tony wrote: »
    pegasus1 wrote: »
    No problem, Will be back to you shortly pegasus1 :)
    I know you have contacted tech support..but now just received the 2nd phone call from 'eircom' tech support today with indian accent...I said no such company as eircom anymore and hung up...first call they said problem with your computer...switch on your computer...hung up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi pegasus1,

Tony has replied to your PM :)

Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement