Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspire gym or FlyeFit anyone joined in these places

• 02-03-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

Currently a member of Westwood Clontarf but recently trying to get a parking space is a joke.its too packed these days so looking for a good gym with good machines and good free weights.and was thinking of Inspire gym navan road or Flyefit swords..i live in glasnevin.i know ben dunne gym is in northwood but dont want to join there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

thegame wrote: »
    Currently a member of Westwood Clontarf but recently trying to get a parking space is a joke.its too packed these days so looking for a good gym with good machines and good free weights.and was thinking of Inspire gym navan road or Flyefit swords..i live in glasnevin.i know ben dunne gym is in northwood but dont want to join there.

Inspire is grand. All classes are free as is pool use. They ran a promo for paddys day last year with a discount...hope it gets repeated this month.
    Plenty if parking and a good coffee shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Go to flyefit at the time oyu're likely to train, buy a day pass (€9) try it out and see if you like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hanley wrote: »
    Go to flyefit at the time oyu're likely to train, buy a day pass (€9) try it out and see if you like it.

Contact them on FB and say you wanna go up and take a look, they will let you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

just to add...Inspire are doing a years corporate membership for €350. They'll be more than happy to show you around.

Use the app rather than the site to purchase (site doesn't work) or go into the gym. Its ask you to add your card but it can be deleted afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pablo_86

I'm a member of inspire and currently looking to leave.
    Only open 10am to 6pm weekends and close at 9pm on Fridays.

The good:
    It is a very clean gym, friendly staff, could do with a few TVs to distract from the pain though.
    Lots of free classes.

The bad:
    In the 6 months I've been a member, I've only got myself a bench and some weights in the free weight section 4 times. It's too small and too many "bro packs" who take over the place.
    It's not isolated to inspire fitness in fairness. It happens everywhere, but inspire is just too small to cope with them. You may as well use the weight machines, although the "bro packs" often spill over into that area too.

It can be very frustrating when you're trying to get your full routine in, especially when you're paying €49 a month. If they opened until 12am weekdays or simply later on weekends such as 10pm I would be happy but sadly that's not the case.

In short, it's a good gym, decent machines, nice staff, changing area not great in fairness and seriously can't cope with peak times. If you're going to be hitting the gym between 6pm and 8pm daily, don't be surprised to be stuck on a treadmill or bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Pablo_86

I'm a member of inspire and currently looking to leave.
    Only open 10am to 6pm weekends and close at 9pm on Fridays.

The good:
    It is a very clean gym, friendly staff, could do with a few TVs to distract from the pain though.
    Lots of free classes.

The bad:
    In the 6 months I've been a member, I've only got myself a bench and some weights in the free weight section 4 times. It's too small and too many "bro packs" who take over the place.
    It's not isolated to inspire fitness in fairness. It happens everywhere, but inspire is just too small to cope with them. You may as well use the weight machines, although the "bro packs" often spill over into that area too.

It can be very frustrating when you're trying to get your full routine in, especially when you're paying €49 a month. If they opened until midnight weekdays or simply later on weekends such as 10pm I would be happy but sadly that's not the case.

In short, it's a good gym, decent machines, nice staff, changing area not great in fairness and seriously can't cope with peak times. If you're going to be hitting the gym between 6pm and 8pm daily, don't be surprised to be stuck on a treadmill or bike.

Advertisement