Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park for a 4x4?

Options
  • 02-03-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of unusual advice on a car park. I'm a frequent enough visitor to Cork for shopping and Merchant's Quay is the only car park I've ever used.

However, my car has packed in so at the moment I'm driving my hubby's 4x4. Given that I'm on his insurance and this is not my regular car, I'm not 100% confident about driving into Merchant's Quay as the turns and ramps are so tight :o. I would never be forgiven if I scratched the bumpers or alloys :(.

If anyone is familiar with parking in Limerick, it is fine in Harvey's Quay car park but I'd be reluctant to use it in Arthur's Quay or elsewhere.

So question is, can anyone recommend a city centre car park (multi storey or outside) that's got wide ramps/turns and would comfortably take a 'big' car?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There is a car park (outdoors) on the Soho side of the Grand Parade that should suit your needs. Near the Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

Is street parking an option? MiaIrelands option is the one that came to mind for me also (its opposite the multistorey on Grand Parade). There's always the option of park and ride

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

City Car park me thinks is the one just up from Soho that would be grand..Or just park along Victoria road but youll need a disc

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

You could use the park and ride in Blackash - € 5 for the day and not have to worry about getting in and out of multistory car parks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I find Paul Street very good. Some of the spaces on the roof are wider than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I would say Paul Street would be the largest spaces in any of the Multi-story carparks. Could also park at the train station carpark. It's only a short walk!

Advertisement