Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just put phone through wash and dry cycle

Options
  • 02-03-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

OK I was doing my washing and decided to put sheets through the wash... Anyway an hour later I'm like "Where is my phone...?" Then I start to panic run to the washing machine which is now drying... Turn it off and open to find my LG G3 still on screen flashing on and off. It was in the middle of the sheets so was well insultated (but still went through a 1200 RPM cycle and then was subjected to 150 degree drying cycle)

I quickly turned off and removed battery left off for a while and switched back on. Then my dad phones me, so I answer and it's working grand. The LCD has some moisture in it but its fully functional. I've since stripped it to its individual parts and put the LCD part in some silica gel on radiator. hoping it will improve the LCD

Just wanted to share coz I'm really impressed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've put a couple of nokia phones through the wash and one of them in the dryer.

Advertisement