Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA 1 year graduate visa

Options
  • 02-03-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I graduate last year with a degree in History. And wondering does anyone have any experience of the USA 1 year graduate visa?. How hard was it to find a job before going over?. Will having a history degree, cause problems when trying to find a job?. As I believe, its aimed towards law, business graduates (from what I've heard). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I wouldn't necessarily say that the visa is aimed at law and business graduate. Those graduates will probably get the most out of the visa, but it's open to most graduates from different disciplines. An important point to make is that the work you're looking for must tie in with your degree. I'm not entirely sure what work a history graduate could get on the visa, probably something in a museum or in research, but you should probably first find out what you're eligible to pursue then go on your job search from there.

Advertisement