Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecks Garda Recruitment stage 1

Options
  • 02-03-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,
    Like everyone else i got my results yesterday but unfortunately it was not good news. I scored top marks in assessment and abstract reasoning but missed out on 60 marks for verbal reasoning....completely devastated to say the least and not in line with my preparation tests .. I had put so much work in to both preparing and getting fit. Has anyone else asked for theirs to be rechecked..which if unsuccessful would be followed by an appeal?
    Anyone out there in a similar situation??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Hi Everyone,
    Like everyone else i got my results yesterday but unfortunately it was not good news. I scored top marks in assessment and abstract reasoning but missed out on 60 marks for verbal reasoning....completely devastated to say the least and not in line with my preparation tests .. I had put so much work in to both preparing and getting fit. Has anyone else asked for theirs to be rechecked..which if unsuccessful would be followed by an appeal?
    Anyone out there in a similar situation??
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that. It was a difficult test. You can ask for a recheck but because marks are computer generated the chance of an error occurring is extremely slim. There will be another campaign in a couple of years so hopefully you will be able to apply again. But I know how you feel. I failed at stage 3 last time around. I did appeal but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

how did your appeal go, if you re/appealed.

Advertisement