Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRobot Roomba 615 €299 amazon.es

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Finally!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

Shake the room with a roomba!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Are these really any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I had a high spec samsung model that was about the same price before. Unfortunately it developed a penchant for driving off steps despite having a clean drop sensor. I replaced it with a dirt devil robot cleaner from amazon.de for 100 euro.

To be honest the only differences apart from 250 euros, was the fact the dirt devil isnt as efficient (it just has preset cycles instead of a camera/sensor for measuring the room), it doesnt have an auto on timer and it doesnt find its way home to a dock. They both do a good job of cleaning light amounts of dirt and they both have to be emptied very often.

Thing is you can never really have completely automatic vacuuming anyway, you have to take things off the floor, but after that any of the models do a grand job of keeping the floors clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Ush1 wrote: »

They're brilliant. Have had one now for about 5 years and still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I've had an Aldi knock off for nearly 2 years. Have to say we get a lot of use out of it, especially as we have lots of tile on the bottom floor which shows up dirt easily and often. I habitually empty it before each use and it's amazing how much crap it collects even on days the place doesn't look that bad (lots of pet hair). It can go from tile to short pile office type carpet easily and finds its way home when done. Nothing that couldn't be done quicker yourself but even the sceptics in the house admit it's handy. As mentioned above, you have to prep the area by moving things out of the way and tidy up cords/shoes that can get tangled up in the spinning brush. It probably goes nearly 2 hours on a charge and gets into the nooks and under furniture I often would have missed / not bothered with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I've had an Aldi knock off for nearly 2 years. Have to say we get a lot of use out of it, especially as we have lots of tile on the bottom floor which shows up dirt easily and often. I habitually empty it before each use and it's amazing how much crap it collects even on days the place doesn't look that bad (lots of pet hair).

Sure Beardy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

Just to resurrect this thread but I spotted the roomba 650 can be had for 304€ over on amazon.de. NOTE - its a warehouse deal, I've gotten quite a few amazon warehouse deals in the past and never had anything wrong with the items, mostly the packaging is torn or manuals are missing, but never had anything wrong with the items themselves.
    The 650 seems to be better at hoovering pet hairs and I think it comes with a virtual wall where as the 615 doesn't (not 100% on that, decent comparisons are impossible to come by).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

can these do the downstairs at night when your in bed? can they go over saddle boards from room to room and hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

Here's a video of some lad in Canada testing it out for the first time, should give you a decent idea as to what it can do and how loud it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

brightkane wrote: »
    can these do the downstairs at night when your in bed? can they go over saddle boards from room to room and hall?

Absolutely. Herbert has been cleaning our house while we're at work for about 9 months now. He's great. Sometimes he pushes the bathroom door closed on himself and gets stuck in there though...

HAha, thats gas, does herbert know not to fall down the stairs and hurt himself? I am thinking one would be great, we have a baby and a toddler and a dog, let it tip downstairs when we are going to bed and upstairs the next day when we are downstairs! also what about the dreaded corners? does it get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

And just in case it's of any use to anyone - there is a very good chance that the 615 that is in the warehouse deals at €263.13 at amazon.de is the one that I rejected delivery of last week (it was ordered from Spain but shipped and returned to Germany). It was rejected unopened so might be a good bargain for someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

brightkane wrote: »
    HAha, thats gas, does herbert know not to fall down the stairs and hurt himself? I am thinking one would be great, we have a baby and a toddler and a dog, let it tip downstairs when we are going to bed and upstairs the next day when we are downstairs! also what about the dreaded corners? does it get in?

He fell down the stairs once early on, but that seems to have been a once-off and now he senses them. He's pretty good on corners - he's round, but there's a brush sticking out the side that funnels dirt in.

One thing - he does crash into the skirting boards (slowly) and leaves black marks on them. They rub off and are pretty mild, but still. Also if you forget to pick things up, he sometimes eats socks and cables. He hasn't damaged anything yet though - he just stops and makes a mournful noise.

I strongly recommend the 650 or a model with a timer - that's the key for us- he lives upstairs, so if we do nothing he just cleans upstairs every day, but we can just lift him and plonk him in the hall in the morning if we want him to do downstairs. Mats and saddleboards are no problem, but we have to lift the tangle of cables by the couch, and he is quite funny clambering over the clothes rack's legs. He gets a bit stuck on them, but always manages to extract himself.

Now, can anyone recommend a robot lawnmower?

just saw this review on amazon
    "4.0 out of 5 starsDon't feed your dog curry if you have a Roomba!
    By Pinkers. on 4 May 2015
    The Roomba is a brilliant piece of kit that makes light work of all surfaces. I have owned one for over a year and was very impressed until I recently set my Roomba off as I ventured off to do some shopping. My pet dog decided to finish off my extra spicy Lamb Saag in my absence and it obviously proved a little too strong for her delicate palette and shall we say she had an accident. My Roomba however not being able to distinguish between grit and .... (I'll let you fill that bit in) proceeded to spread the offending mess to every corner of the downstairs of my house paying particular attention to my cream dining room rug which was far from cream when I got home. My poor pooch took refuge upstairs, obviously bemused by the ongoing dirty protest by my fully charged robot vacuum cleaner. I know this because I was able to trace the paw prints up the stairs and on to my bed. like I said don't let your dog near curry if you have a Roomba."

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I spotted this thread the other week and ended up getting a 650 from amazon.es for €330 or so. I'm delighted with it. Thanks to everyone who recommended it on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

Ush1 wrote: »

We got the Neato Signature a few years ago and it is the best unnecessary gadget ever. If it broke tomorrow I'd order another one without a second thought. It maps out rooms with a laser, does a lap of the room edges and then does rows over and back until the room is done without crashing into furniture or walls. Then it moves on to the next room until the entire place is done. If it runs low on battery it returns to the charger, charges up and goes back to where it left off to continue the cleaning. No programming, just press go or set a timer. Easy to upgrade too. Good few people that have seen it have also and bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭murtyd17

Advertisement