Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Your Agents Calling to my Door

Options
  • 02-03-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hello

I'm an existing customer and would like to have all of my details removed from your databases used by Electric Ireland for door to door sales and marketing activity. Please advise on the process to do this

This evening I was disturbed at 730 by two agents who knew I was an existing customer. I do not engage with any unsolicited callers particularly when we're trying to get two young kids to bed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Gmaximum,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by our door-to-door agents; if you send us your details by private message, we can have you added to our do-not-call list.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    David

________

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hi Gmaximum,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by our door-to-door agents; if you send us your details by private message, we can have you added to our do-not-call list.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
    David

________

Could you also teach them to read? I have a sign on my door clearly stating no salespeople yet you employees seem to think this does not apply to them!

Hi Timberrrrrrrr,
    I have a sign on my door clearly stating no salespeople yet you employees seem to think this does not apply to them!

We're sorry to read this; if you would like to be added to our do-not-call list, can you please send us further details by private message so we can feed this back to the sales team.

Should you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    David

Hi Timberrrrrrrr,

We're sorry to read this; if you would like to be added to our do-not-call list, can you please send us further details by private message so we can feed this back to the sales team.

Should you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    David

I'm sorry David but I shouldn't have to PM you with my details so I can be added to a no call list when there is a bloody great big sticker right next to my doorbell stating "No unsolicited callers welcome". How about teaching the salespeople to respect people's peace and privacy instead of putting the onus upon the homeowner to get added to lists?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

But did you not ask for this in your original post?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But did you not ask for this in your original post?

I'm not the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Aha, I see. More coffee needed :)

Hi Timberrrrrrrr,
    I'm sorry David but I shouldn't have to PM you with my details so I can be added to a no call list when there is a bloody great big sticker right next to my doorbell stating "No unsolicited callers welcome". How about teaching the salespeople to respect people's peace and privacy instead of putting the onus upon the homeowner to get added to lists?

I can understand your frustration, and yes, the onus should not be on you in this case. However, if you can send us an address and the time of the call we could forward this feedback to the sales team so that they can ascertain which sales agents were active in the area at the time.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement