Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA not honouring furniture recycling scheme

Options
  • 02-03-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I bought a new sofa from IKEA ONLY because they advsertised - i thought a very innovative - scheme to recycle the old sofa on buying a new one, for a fee of E25. Now I could have bought a sofa closer to home and avoided the E55 delivery fee from IKEA but it was such a good scheme and the sofa would either go to needy local family (if good enough) or if not, be recycled.

So... new sofa delivered. No removal of old sofa. Delivery men denied any such instruction. Customer care lady said, no, it's a separate van, they will arrive later that day. No such van. Old sofa there, in the middle of small living room with new sofa. In the way. Small kids. Pain.

Follow up call to IKEA. Yes, there was an error and van#1 had not received the order.(No mention of 2 vans). Given assurance that said old sofa was booked to be collected today! Guess what...??? I was not home and forgot my phone so only learned late this eve that it hadn't happened and by the tine I phoned IKEA tonight, customer care was closed.

Is this a pretendy scheme or what?! It's very frustrating. Even if they refund me my E25, I'm left with the hassle and expense of dumping this sofa. And after paying delivery fee from IKEA. Grrrrr. Has this happened anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

It doesn't sound like they are unwilling to honour it, but rather that their service is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Joseph wrote: »
    It doesn't sound like they are unwilling to honour it, but rather that their service is awful.

Shocking. Only bought new sofa as they were going to remove old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

They made an error and they are trying to correct it. Sometimes big companies and small companies and even normal people make mistakes.

Advertisement