Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

kind off guessed that bill ben so your nt just ordinary shooter who just want to shoot and stay neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

hermes2011 wrote: »
    kind off guessed that bill ben so your nt just ordinary shooter who just want to shoot and stay neutral

If you've seen my posts you'll have seen that I will also be supporting the Nasrpc as I've always done. There shouldn't be well I one organisation so I can't support the other.

My drawer is full of Nasrpc tops and I'll wear them with pride. The same as I'll wear GRPAI tops.

grpai have all ready start splitting shooting

grpai have all ready start splitting shooting

Its only spilt if people like you let it. Me I'm supporting both

• Advertisement

what you think happen with national team it split.as grapai supporter said they formed mths be for narspic agm . looked for support with national shooter and rso and as I said 3 clubs 1 in ulster and two in leinster mths before they became public. THey have no membership but able to elect a committee and with no membership they can call themselves an NGB. And so they are not trying to split shooting, are they not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

ShootingAssociations2009.png

I'm sorry, but when exactly was shooting in Ireland not split?

(Hell, there's a good argument for having it split if we're honest - I don't want olympic rifle rolled into the shotgun side of the house for example, we'd drown...)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

Hermes, you made a comment about rso,s, explain please, do you not trust them,do you not think they are good enough or can rso,s only support one or the other, nasrpc or grpai. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Staying neutral means that you support both the GRPAI and the NASRPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

BillBen wrote: »
    My drawer is full of Nasrpc tops and I'll wear them with pride. The same as I'll wear GRPAI tops.

If the nasrpc or the grpai want to send me any free t-shirts, or tops, I will proudly wear them too :D

size large.

• Advertisement

goz83 wrote: »
    If the nasrpc or the grpai want to send me any free t-shirts, or tops, I will proudly wear them too :D

size large.

Ha. I had to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

by grapi running shoots you think this will nt make things worse oh I for got they elected themselves a ngb
    So if you want a Group elected for Clubs to decide the fate of members well, that's something you will need to come to terms with yourselves. The issues which most in fact 80% of Gallery rifle (and Pistol) shooters have a problem with but mainly the squad myself included,

It Is I don't want people who have no link to my type of sport turning up and determining, my sports future, its like rugby players going to a GAA agm and telling GAA players how to run their organization.

Certain members and even some not even elected onto the NASRPC committee, but so called appointments, have taken it upon themselves to tell the squad and team captains of Gallery Rifle what they can and cannot do and banned them from international representation, I was in the room when it was repeated 5 times.

Tried to remove them even, now the Squad elected their team captains and the squad who were in that room voted in the majority to reject these NASRPC Proposals. Regardless of what the NASRPC published on their website.

This isn't a split, its whats right and whats not.

The NASRPC do some good work, but they should concentrate on the clubs, what they were elected for and not with members or squad decisions, nor Gallery Rifle and yes pistol shooters. This is what the new organization is for.
    To work with the NASRPC, BUT the NASRPC newly elected crowd don't want that, or rather certain individuals.

As I mentioned on previous occasions get your information from your clubs and your members and not necessarily this forum, make up your own mind. But remember this these changes are necessary to increase membership in the clubs and expand Gallery shooting in Ireland.

The only things I have seen from the NASRPC this year which affects Gallery shooters is a powerpoint presentation, and two speeches and offers of help from people who know nothing about our sport. Lots of talk and no action.

Granted there have been good developments on the website and updates and its a start, but the NASRPC don't control Gallery shooters only Gallery shooters can determine that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the club members not the clubs elect the people who "run" the NASRPC? So this argument that the NASRPC doesn't represent gallery shooters is not correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the club members not the clubs elect the people who "run" the NASRPC? So this argument that the NASRPC doesn't represent gallery shooters is not correct?

Some of the new committee certainly don't. One of the committee members was in Harbour house two weeks ago and admitted that he has doesn't know anything about gallery rifle. Tell me how he can represent gallery rifle shooters when he hasn't got a clue. I suppose that's what the rent a crowd voted in and we are stuck with them.

So someone like me or one of the new commitee couldn't find out about gallery rifle shooting? I have done some research on courses of fire, firearms & rules. Don't make me an expert like yourself but after 30 mins on Google I've got a good idea of what it is. So I'm sure the members of the new committee could do the same?

What percentage of the previous commitee were gallery shooters compared to the new commitee?

As for the rent a crowd accusation, I'd believe that after making a few enquires ;)

Did the rent a crowd include people who don't shoot gallery rifle and felt they were disenfranchised as the previous commitee was not representing them? or as I've been told they were not even shooters?

Is it true that members of some disaffialiated clubs became members of a certain affialiated club & voted at the agm?

I see on Hilltop FB page that they now are promoting no more political posts on their page.

grpai have support of 3 clubs, possibly 2 if Hilltop are pulling back, out of is it 18 clubs so that's hardly going to be an inclusive ngb if they suceed in getting it.

I can see the logic behind the grpai but for me the timing, the way it was set up & how undemocratic it is are stumbling blocks. Why didn't they announce themselves before the agm?

I'm not attacking your post, I'm just going to answer some of your questions.
    What percentage of the previous commitee were gallery shooters compared to the new commitee?

All of the old committee shot gallery as far as I'm aware. Some of them were on the International team at one time or another. I don't remember the old training and development officer taking part in competitions but then again, I could be mistaken on that.

You are correct in your statement that it doesn't take long to familiarise yourself with gallery competitions/rules etc. They are pretty straightforward disciplines.
    Is it true that members of some disaffialiated clubs became members of a certain affialiated club & voted at the agm?

That seems to be what happened.
    grpai have support of 3 clubs, possibly 2 if Hilltop are pulling back, out of is it 18 clubs so that's hardly going to be an inclusive ngb if they suceed in getting it.

To be honest, I was very disappointed when the FCP representative was replaced against the wishes of the people on the floor at the AGM. I'm not knocking the current representative, he is a very capable individual. It's just that when the floor was asked if they wanted MH to continue as the FCP rep, there was an overwhelming response that he was to stay as the NASRPC rep on the FCP.

Because of this action, I lost some faith in the new committee. By not going with the wishes of the floor, I feel that that action wasn't very good form from an NGB.

The new committee are doing certain things well. I do like the pre-registration and they do seem to be trying to spread out RO duties so that it is fairer on RO's. The only downfall of the pre-registration is that it might not suit some people who are not computer savvy.

The upcoming GRPAI competition will probably tell how well the organisation is supported. I'd say there will be a decent enough crowd at it.
    I can see the logic behind the grpai but for me the timing, the way it was set up & how undemocratic it is are stumbling blocks. Why didn't they announce themselves before the agm?

I can't answer why they didn't announce themselves before the AGM as I have absolutely nothing to do with the running of the organisation.

I will attend their competition though. I know all the lads involved in the committee of it and I don't see them as the type of lads who are power hungry or out to destroy the NASRPC.

The only issue I can see between the two organisations is who gets NGB status. Both of them can battle it out on that one without my involvement.

As a shooter, it makes no difference to me who the NGB is. I just want to shoot.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm not attacking your post, I'm just going to answer some of your questions.

It doesn't look like an attack to me ;)

Thanks. I've been following this saga & was just about to get involved in galllery rifle when it broke. I've put my plans on hold as i've been through too many shooting break-ups already in my shooting times.
    All of the old committee shot gallery as far as I'm aware. Some of them were on the International team at one time or another. I don't remember the old training and development officer taking part in competitions but then again, I could be mistaken on that.

I see. I heard this is why the benchrest lads set up their own body as there was no interest from previous committee even though nasrpc were claiming ngb status over br at the time. Strange there was no public bust up when br people set up their own body.

The previous committee all being gallery shooters may have upset people who had different likes eg sporting rifle & pistol?
    You are correct in your statement that it doesn't take long to familiarise yourself with gallery competitions/rules etc. They are pretty straightforward disciplines.

Fair enough ;) So those here claiming that the new commitee know nothing about gallery rifle is a bit silly and seems to be nothing more than an attempt at points scoring or even muddying the would you agree?
    That seems to be what happened.

Bad form however their disaffialition was questionable in some ways too.
    To be honest, I was very disappointed when the FCP representative was replaced against the wishes of the people on the floor at the AGM. I'm not knocking the current representative, he is a very capable individual. It's just that when the floor was asked if they wanted MH to continue as the FCP rep, there was an overwhelming response that he was to stay as the NASRPC rep on the FCP.

Understandable
    Because of this action, I lost some faith in the new committee. By not going with the wishes of the floor, I feel that that action wasn't very good form from an NGB.

Understandable
    The new committee are doing certain things well. I do like the pre-registration and they do seem to be trying to spread out RO duties so that it is fairer on RO's. The only downfall of the pre-registration is that it might not suit some people who are not computer savvy.

I think pre reg is a good idea. I've heard RO duties were/are unfairly done. As usual the same few do most of the work and the others grib or in this case shoot
    The upcoming GRPAI competition will probably tell how well the organisation is supported. I'd say there will be a decent enough crowd at it.

Not especially. The neutrals will muddy the real picture in my opinion.
    I can't answer why they didn't announce themselves before the AGM as I have absolutely nothing to do with the running of the organisation.

Maybe some of them will answer here?
    I will attend their competition though. I know all the lads involved in the committee of it and I don't see them as the type of lads who are power hungry or out to destroy the NASRPC.

I've no experience so can't comment
    The only issue I can see between the two organisations is who gets NGB status. Both of them can battle it out on that one without my involvement.

NGB only affects lads who want to wear the Ireland jersey in my experience.

As a shooter, it makes no difference to me who the NGB is. I just want to shoot.

NGB only affects lads who want to wear the Ireland jersey in my experience. The vast majority wouldn't be affected.

none of the old NARSPC committee stood for re election, so the new committee had to be voted in by the members present. It is quite strange that none of them stood for re election and as a GRPAI supporter confirmed on this that they had been forming before the AGM. That there were three clubs involved and the RO's were approached. Just say GRPAI decide to put a national team forward themselves so we would have two national teams and the international governing body would probably let neither shoot. What if GRPAI had support in certain clubs and say one was were the international shoots were held, would they allowed NARSPC shoots to be held there? This rubbish is going to split clubs were you have members not talking to each other, this I have seen happen before. The membership of clubs vote in committees and are the club, a club is only a thing by name its members make it. if you control the membership you control the club.

Clubs that are commercial entities & owned by an individual or individuals technically call the shots (pun intended) and the wishes of the members if they differ the members have two choices agree or move on in my experience.

Two national teams could be fielded but the one fielded by the recognised ngb by the international body would be the official national team in my experience.

Don't forget clubs, assocations, ngbs or whatever unless they have access to a range or ranges cannot exist. So at the end of the day actual ranges are the important part of this equation not the few who think they own certain sports unless they own the range too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I heard this is why the benchrest lads set up their own body as there was no interest from previous committee even though nasrpc were claiming ngb status over br at the time. Strange there was no public bust up when br people set up their own body.

You heard wrong. The NRBAI has always been recognised by the world federation as the governing body for benchrest here and have been on the go for quiet a few years.

• Advertisement

homerhop wrote: »
    You heard wrong. The NRBAI has always been recognised by the world federation as the governing body for benchrest here and have been on the go for quiet a few years.

I'm talking about before your time obviously

I've put my plans on hold as i've been through too many shooting break-ups already in my shooting times.

Don't put your plans on hold. Don't let this crap stop you from taking up gallery rifle/pistol. Load up and shoot away. The more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm talking about before your time obviously
    It was a few years back last time I saw the NASRPC organising for the international benchrest scene.

grpai has access to ranges so who no where all this will end more that likely it will wreck clubs and and for people that say they carefor target shooting well I cant see how they do

grpai has access to ranges so who no where all this will end more that likely it will wreck clubs and and for people that say they carefor target shooting well I cant see how they do

How will it wreck clubs? At this stage you are starting to sound like chicken licken

homerhop wrote: »
    How will it wreck clubs? At this stage you are starting to sound like chicken licken

chicken licken???? look what it did to the national team and you think this isn't going to come down to club. if you think its not going to happen I think your dreaming, GRPAI need to control clubs to exist. If you look at their face book page most of the comments seem to be from members of two well known clubs.

I think you need to get out and do a bit more shooting

oh right so you agree with me about grapi. as for shooting I do quite alot

oh right so you agree with me about grapi. as for shooting I do quite alot

No I don't agree with you.

• Advertisement

oh thought you were I take it you must be a grpai supporter as the truth seems to hurt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement