Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

hermes2011 wrote: »
    oh thought you were I take it you must be a grpai supporter as the truth seems to hurt

I'm not hurting in th least, I just don't agree with what you are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

I don't think there be many at grpai shoot I have nt seen one person on this tread say they are grpai supporter everyone just a shooter when there some hard question to be ans

I don't think there be many at grpai shoot I have nt seen one person on this tread say they are grpai supporter everyone just a shooter when there some hard question to be ans

That's your opinion which you are entitled too. Personally I wish them all the best

you just ans my question nt a grpai supporter to be seen.

you just ans my question nt a grpai supporter to be seen.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

they must all be hiding in the shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If you think there aren't GRPAI supporters in this thread, then you are mistaken.

I have no problem with the GRPAI. I will go to their shoot as will lots of shooters I know.

then say yous are as nt one can answer who elected them and how do they reckon they are an ngb and why they were mths forming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

oh thought you were I take it you must be a grpai supporter as the truth seems to hurt

Change the record, it's almost getting to the point of trolling at this stage.

its is a toil because no one wants to answer straight questions. when there are straight questions being asked of GRPAI the tables get turned into 'we are the victim, look what NARSPC done to us'. all I know is the NARSPC committee were democratically elected, who elected GRPAI committee cos they have no members, it looks like four people putting themselves into a committee and being spokesperson's for their association. how can you be an NGB without any members. From their facebook page and people who are on the GRPAI committee there are at least four ex members of NARSPC (Past) funny they all resigned enmasses when GRPAI was being formed in the background. 'We donot rpresent clubs - GRPAI' but they were talking to three club committees. 'We want to support and work with NARSPC' but in the background they were talking to the NARSPC RO's. I am sure that there are people on the thread hear who would like to know answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

Herpes2011, you said the grpai split the international team, do you not think the statement read out by the nasrpc ndc at the squad meeting in HH where it said that unless the people on the squad basically swore allegience to the nasrpc then that would be taken as their immediate resignation. Maybe that may have had something to do with it. PS, i support the grpai in their endevours. I also think there is a place for the nasrpc. Does that make me a bad person.

its is a toil because no one wants to answer straight questions. when there are straight questions being asked of GRPAI the tables get turned into 'we are the victim, look what NARSPC done to us'. all I know is the NARSPC committee were democratically elected, who elected GRPAI committee cos they have no members, it looks like four people putting themselves into a committee and being spokesperson's for their association. how can you be an NGB without any members. From their facebook page and people who are on the GRPAI committee there are at least four ex members of NARSPC (Past) funny they all resigned enmasses when GRPAI was being formed in the background. 'We donot rpresent clubs - GRPAI' but they were talking to three club committees. 'We want to support and work with NARSPC' but in the background they were talking to the NARSPC RO's. I am sure that there are people on the thread hear who would like to know answers

We all know, you've said it like 45 times now.

Why not ask the people involved for your answers your not going to get them off a thread on the net.

then whats the point off the thread if nt to give target shooters info on what happening i am quite sure.there are people on thread who kown grpai was formed and no ans to question

If they want the info they can read back anyone of the last 10 pages you've said the same thing on each one.

How about waiting till you have some new original info

Who are the 4 ex members???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

then whats the point off the thread if nt to give target shooters info on what happening i am quite sure.there are people on thread who kown grpai was formed and no ans to question

Hey Hermes just forget they exist, they might just disappear like there change.org pole looking to be the NGB... They took it down off there Facebook page..lack of support had them remove it I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

So someone like me or one of the new commitee couldn't find out about gallery rifle shooting? I have done some research on courses of fire, firearms & rules. Don't make me an expert like yourself but after 30 mins on Google I've got a good idea of what it is. So I'm sure the members of the new committee could do the same?

What percentage of the previous commitee were gallery shooters compared to the new commitee?

As for the rent a crowd accusation, I'd believe that after making a few enquires ;)

Did the rent a crowd include people who don't shoot gallery rifle and felt they were disenfranchised as the previous commitee was not representing them? or as I've been told they were not even shooters?

Is it true that members of some disaffialiated clubs became members of a certain affialiated club & voted at the agm?

I see on Hilltop FB page that they now are promoting no more political posts on their page.

grpai have support of 3 clubs, possibly 2 if Hilltop are pulling back, out of is it 18 clubs so that's hardly going to be an inclusive ngb if they suceed in getting it.

I can see the logic behind the grpai but for me the timing, the way it was set up & how undemocratic it is are stumbling blocks. Why didn't they announce themselves before the agm?
    Add your reply here.

So you googled Gallery rifle and maybe watched something on youtube. Ive been competing in Gallery for 10 years and I am no expert.

Yes its very undemocratic for the NASRPC Committee to tell anyone who supports the GRPAI that they can no longer represent their Country in Gallery rifle, that's extremely undemocratic indeed. But its not valid.

The squad votes on its Captains not the NASRPC and the Squad captains decide who is on the team, based on willingness to compete and results. NOTHING ELSE

I keep saying this if you have an interest and you want to know whats happening, approach your club and see what they say, no website or forum is going to give you the full picture, but there is some of it above.

that's what I am saying if there was a spilt at national team level what going to happen at club level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Well the madness which started last year seems to continue to have negative effects for sport shooting in Ireland. It won't wreck clubs but it will lead to fallout in competition. I might skip any competitions this year, not that that's a big deal for me or the competition. Just so sick of the political piece of $%t this sport has become. Still plenty of shooting to do in my own club. No BS, no bad atmosphere and plenty of tea and bullets ;-)]
    The national organisations management (and members paying for the BS) are in big trouble. Clubs are going to do better than ever.
    Don't worry, shooting will go on.

Well the madness which started last year seems to continue to have negative effects for sport shooting in Ireland. It won't wreck clubs but it will lead to fallout in competition. I might skip any competitions this year, not that that's a big deal for me or the competition. Just so sick of the political piece of $%t this sport has become. Still plenty of shooting to do in my own club. No BS, no bad atmosphere and plenty of tea and bullets ;-)]
    The national organisations management (and members paying for the BS) are in big trouble. Clubs are going to do better than ever.

lets hope so and that the clubs don't split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I wouldn't let this put you off competitions. It makes no difference who you support when you are on the line during comps. There are lads in favour and against the GRPAI in my club and we all get on grand.

We can all argue like fcuk on here but at the end of the day all we want to do is shoot.

GRPAI Inaugural Competition
    The Gallery Rifle & Pistol Association of Ireland (GRPAI) will hold our inaugural competition at Harbour House Sports Club on Saturday 7th May 2016, registration 9.30am.
    The following disciplines will be included:
    Gallery Rifle 1020 (SB & CF)
    Timed & Precision 1 (Pistol, Rifle, SB & CF)
    Multi-Target (Pistol, Rifle, SB & CF)
    25m Precision (Pistol, Rifle, SB & CF)
    GP40 (SB Pistol)
    This is an open competition, all shooters are welcome subject to licence and insurance
    Further details will be available closer to the date
    We look forward to seeing you all on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    GRPAI Inaugural Competition
    The Gallery Rifle & Pistol Association of Ireland (GRPAI) will hold our inaugural competition at Harbour House Sports Club on Saturday 7th May 2016, registration 9.30am.
    The following disciplines will be included:
    Gallery Rifle 1020 (SB & CF)
    Timed & Precision 1 (Pistol, Rifle, SB & CF)
    Multi-Target (Pistol, Rifle, SB & CF)
    25m Precision (Pistol, Rifle, SB & CF)
    GP40 (SB Pistol)
    This is an open competition, all shooters are welcome subject to licence and insurance
    Further details will be available closer to the date
    We look forward to seeing you all on the line

Now is your chance to see or better still compete in a great gallery competition.
    Why not try it and give it a go. The best place to talk to like minded people about this sport if you want to find out all about Gallery shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

Hey Hermes just forget they exist, they might just disappear

We haven't gone away, you know :P

Hermes2011, I would like to invite you to Harbour House next Saturday to the GRPAI shoot. You might like to partake in some Gallery Rifle and Pistol shooting, enjoy some good food, speak to some of the shooters present and meet the GRPAI Committee where you can ask all your questions.

they must all be hiding in the shadows.

As I said to you before, we are not hiding in the shadows, we are out in the open every week and available to speak to as many shooters have done. And as I said above, you are welcome to come and meet us next Saturday.

none of the old NARSPC committee stood for re election, so the new committee had to be voted in by the members present. It is quite strange that none of them stood for re election

As I said to you before, if you were at the AGM you would know why the old committee did not stand for re-election.
    What if GRPAI had support in certain clubs and say one was were the international shoots were held, would they allowed NARSPC shoots to be held there?

The club you refer to has already had an NASRPC shoot recently! And the GRPAI are having a shoot at that club next week, you're now invited. The GRPAI have told the NASRPC that they would like to co-operate with the NASRPC Competition Calendar.
    This rubbish is going to split clubs

What rubbish? The only split happening at the moment is the split being caused by the NASRPC's recent threat to the GR squad which is now being swept under the carpet.

BillBen wrote: »
    Some of the new committee certainly don't. One of the committee members was in Harbour house two weeks ago and admitted that he has doesn't know anything about gallery rifle. Tell me how he can represent gallery rifle shooters when he hasn't got a clue. I suppose that's what the rent a crowd voted in and we are stuck with them.

That is a good point BillBen, and that is what the GRPAI is about - to represent Gallery Rifle & Pistol Shooters, not to represent Clubs, FCP, Sporting Rifle and everything else in between - jack of all trades! (or maybe it is about control?)

Let the NASRPC focus and represent Clubs and political representation which is badly needed. Let the NASRPC raise money for club development which is badly needed around the country.

And let the GRPAI raise money for international teams and skills development.

How can the NASRPC justify providing funds to a small group of Gallery Rifle shooters when most of their member Clubs do not shoot Gallery Rifle and do not provide competitive Gallery Rifle Shooters? The NASRPC will soon say that the majority of their member clubs support them as the NGB when most of those member clubs do not partake in competitive Gallery Rifle shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Been watching this thread for a while. This is some mess. I don't think we're doing ourselves any favours a a sporting organisation and a community by splitting into further groups.
    The new NASRPC committee were voted in fair and square back at the AGM (rent a crowd or no rent a crowd ). Incidentally, I supported the old committee staying on, but never mind. The new committee should be given all the help they can get in their roles, as let's face it they are new to this. So they don't have all the answers. They are making mistakes. But so did the old committee and it took them a long time to get to a point where the could run the organisation and all that comes with it quite well.
    So why do we need a GRPAI? Or should I say GRAI. Because they claim to represent pistol, but let's face it there is no international dimension to Gallery pistol shooting. It is purely a national based activity. So no international team for this.
    We are talking about in essence, a single discipline of rifle shooting, broken into a number of different courses of fire. It hardly need a completely new NGB. A subcommittee on the NASRPC would suffice.
    In this structure. If you need team selection team training, leader boards and calender of shoots, These can still be done from inside the NASRPC, worked on by the sub committee. Sure there will be arguments and disagreements, but I'm pretty sure that the mechanisms are in place at NASRPC committee level to deal with this. I know other shooting disciplines have their own organisations, like bench rest and WA1500 etc. But with WA1500 I think this is a bit different. This was setup when WA1500 was really on the rise here in Ireland and we wanted to shoot it internationally, until Dermot Ahearne screwed us. Also it was noticed that Gallery rifle was taking over the NASRPC and other disciplines were neglected, maybe neglected was too strong a word. But other pistol disciplines were dropped, such as Bench rest pistol.
    So what I'm saying, from a personal perspective is that none of this division within the organisation is necessary. We are not a huge pool of shooters. We don't need more chiefs than Indians. Politics seems to have a way of ruining sports. It is my firm belief that whoever is on the committee are trying to do their best. They do the job for the love of the sport, certainly not the money, because there is none,of any major consequence . They should be helped not hindered.
    Maybe if this is the way it has to be. The GRPAI, or GRAI in my opinion, is going to take over gallery rifle, there are still plenty of new exciting rifle an pistol disciplines that the NASRPC can introduce. Right that's me for now. Off to Archery my other form of therapy ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

targetx wrote: »
    We haven't gone away, you know :P
    Your change.org pole has off your Facebook page so that's a start😛

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement