Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

Your change.org pole has off your Facebook page so that's a start😛

Do you want to know why it has gone?

I met with the Chairman of the NASRPC last Friday week and we agreed that in the interest of dealing with the situation in a reasonable manner that both parties would remove all online posts regarding the current situation (the NGB challenge and the NASRPC interference and threats to the Gallery Rifle squad).

In the interests of goodwill and trust, we did so immediately but unfortunately the NASRPC have not done so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

targetx wrote: »
    In the interests of goodwill and trust, we did so immediately but unfortunately the NASRPC have not done so.

What did they agree to take down that they haven't?

No answer to my question. Yet another unsubstantiated claim?

I see GRPAI have reposted their NGB claim. Although the wording has changed fromthem being the NGB for gallery rifle & pistol to an NGB for same :) Have the international body made a ruling?

No answer to my question. Yet another unsubstantiated claim?

I see GRPAI have reposted their NGB claim. Although the wording has changed fromthem being the NGB for gallery rifle & pistol to an NGB for same :) Have the international body made a ruling?

Unsubstantiated claim? Don't see how that is?

No, the IGRF have not made a ruling, yet.

You're still here :)

So answer my question in post #423?

• Advertisement

What did they agree to take down that they haven't?

I agreed with the NASRPC that both parties would remove all website and Facebook posts related to the NGB challenge, the IGRF charter and the threats to the squad in order to try resolve the matters face to face.

We did so immediately but the NASRPC did not and we have had no further communication since.

targetx, I had a quick look at the NASRPC web site & there is an "old" post from when this spat started about GRPAIs NGB claim so you seem to be right in your claim.

However, they are the de facto NGB currently recognised by the international body so I wonder why they would agree to take down their claim? (not expecting you to answer that)

As far as I can see GRPAI have made a challenge to their NGB status with the international body. For me unless NASRPC surrender or the international body remove their NGB status the GRPAIs claim is just that, a claim. Maybe ye can come to an agreement like the one FG & FF have done :p

TBH, I've kept up to date with this as best I can as an "outsider" and it looks like a simple old fashioned Irish split :(

On that note I reckon the best thing to do is to leave the protagonists fight it out & see who "wins" & then back them ;)

Which logo will the gallery teams be wearing at the international shoot in July?

However, they are the de facto NGB currently recognised by the international body

"de facto NGB" is a good description because their historic claim to be the NGB is without foundation, which is part of our argument.
    TBH, I've kept up to date with this as best I can as an "outsider" and it looks like a simple old fashioned Irish split :(

I agree about a "split" but unfortunately it is the NASRPC who are creating a split within the Gallery Rifle squad with their recent threats and bullying of squad members. The GRPAI on the other hand have offered to work with the NASRPC as a separate discipline focused NGB without the need for a split, just like the NRBAI are a separate NGB but work with the NASRPC.

Which logo will the gallery teams be wearing at the international shoot in July?

Another question I forgot to answer. I speak for myself when u say that I know which logo I will not be wearing. I will not be wearing a logo which represents any organisation that threatens and bullies. I will at least be wearing an Irish flag. There is an International shoot before July.

Another question I forgot to answer. I speak for myself when u say that I know which logo I will not be wearing. I will not be wearing a logo which represents any organisation that threatens and bullies. I will at least be wearing an Irish flag. There is an International shoot before July.

Thank you for answering my question as it pertains to you. An interesting answer to say the least which sums up the problem I reckon. You refuse to wear the NASRPC logo yet you tell us that they caused the split. You have consistently claimed NASRPC caused the split. When you & others set up the GRPAI in direct competition to them, on certain matters at least, surely ye caused the split. As the the ultimatum from NASRPC I've said it on this thread already a slave cannot have two masters.

For me people will one way or the other have to make their decision and get on with it. No sport can/will prosper or collapse because a few who maybe think they can't be done without have thrown their toys out of the pram. This matter realistically affects very few but they are courting support from others which is where the damage is being really done.

It could come down to how badly does someone want to shoot in the International team. I'm sure at this stage if GRPAI get the NGB status that some will then refuse to shoot on their International team.

The Irish are & always have been their own worst enemies :(

• Advertisement

Thank you for answering my question as it pertains to you. An interesting answer to say the least which sums up the problem I reckon. You refuse to wear the NASRPC logo yet you tell us that they caused the split. You have consistently claimed NASRPC caused the split. When you & others set up the GRPAI in direct competition to them, on certain matters at least, surely ye caused the split. As the the ultimatum from NASRPC I've said it on this thread already a slave cannot have two masters.

For me people will one way or the other have to make their decision and get on with it. No sport can/will prosper or collapse because a few who maybe think they can't be done without have thrown their toys out of the pram. This matter realistically affects very few but they are courting support from others which is where the damage is being really done.

It could come down to how badly does someone want to shoot in the International team. I'm sure at this stage if GRPAI get the NGB status that some will then refuse to shoot on their International team.

The Irish are & always have been their own worst enemies :(

I sat in from of the Nasrpc chairman and asked for the threat to be withdrawn. It has not been withdrawn. We still hope that it might be.

I offered to co-operate with the Nasrpc in several ways to move forward in the interests of the sport. That was not accepted.

I do not believe that threats and intimidation will solve a problem and I will not give in to that type of behaviour.

You use the words "slave" and "master". That sums up the Nasrpc's desire for control. They are not my master and I am not their slave.

I do understand your position & have even been in it myself a few times.

Unfortunately these things do get messy & if GRPAI thought it was going to be a bloodless coup I reckon reality has now dawned on them.

NASRPCs demand does give people a choice. You either accept them as NGB and get to shoot on International team or you refuse to accept them & you then can't. This does not affect the majority of gallery shooters in reality unless they are on the squad or hope to be on it in the future.

I can see the logic behind the GRPAI & would agree with it in principle. The mistake for me was the way it has been done and it's apparent lack of being set up democratically & publically before it "had to be".

I'm going to be a gallery rifle shooter soon & intend on making the international squad & hope this is sorted out soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

We'll be able to judge support for the GRPAI tomorrow. They are hosting their first competition in Harbour House. I'd imagine it will be well supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

Won't be going to the shoot myself but I hope that the split doesn't trickle down into the clubs and affect the ordinary shooters.

hermes2011 wrote: »
    Won't be going to the shoot myself but I hope that the split doesn't trickle down into the clubs and affect the ordinary shooters.

Jesus man will you change the record.

Its CD's these days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Its CD's these days

No it's not
    Streamimg is the lastest

CDs or not your stuck on repeat. In the words of that now famous song ( let it go )

I just said I would nt be going the last few post were what happen at with the national team have you ask them to change the record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I was at the GRPAI shoot today in Harbour House. It was very well supported despite the poxy weather.

Yeah very good turn out by people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Great turn out to support the GRPAI today, as good as any for a National comp.
    I managed a PB in T&P1 so the good day for all..

True Clive there was great support shown and well done on the pb. Had a 300 in SB so I'm happy too.

glad a good day was had by all

What a fantastic day at the Inaugural GRPAI Competition held today at Harbour House Sports Club.

A special thank you goes to the almost 100 competitors who turned up to make this what could be the single biggest Target Shooting event in Ireland this year which will probably only be surpassed by the Irish International Open in July.

Not forgetting the Range Safety Officers who worked so hard all day to ensure that lines were run smoothly and efficiently.

Competitors travelled from all over Ireland today and represented several target shooting clubs including:
    Harbour House
    Hilltop
    Midlands
    Fermoy
    IPA
    Eagles
    Donegal

Even the weather did not spoil the fun and enjoyment. It was great to see so many shooters enjoying what we enjoy best, that is shooting. The fun and good food helped too.

The support demonstrated to the GRPAI today was overwhelming and we will continue to work towards growing and protecting the sports of Gallery Rifle & Pistol shooting in the interests of the shooters.

I have to say that today felt like the way shooting should feel like. Everybody was enjoying themselves and in general having a laugh. That is what shooting is about May there be many more of days like today.

Ordinary shooters are always happy to shoot but unfortunately when the politics of shooting come into it, its like a bloodletting and it just ruins it. If this is anything to by, by other splits in shooting it will probably last years and only get worse. I am a NARSPC supporter to be honest with you I wish none of it had happened.

Ordinary shooters are always happy to shoot but unfortunately when the politics of shooting come into it, its like a bloodletting and it just ruins it. If this is anything to by, by other splits in shooting it will probably last years and only get worse. I am a NARSPC supporter to be honest with you I wish none of it had happened.

Totally agree with you I wish none of this happened either but it has and all
    Of us need to get on with shooting and competing I know I'll will, be it at GRPAI, Nasrpc shoots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Politics ruins all sports. I am a nasrpc supporter but I also wish the GRPAI all the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement