Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

Was at the shoot today myself, good fun, well run. Even with crap weather. Best of luck with the next shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

Had a great day today in harbour house, very well attended, score a PB in the GP40.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

GRPAI results of today's shoot just posted in the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

This just gets better and Better, the NASRPC chairman is making a mockery out of Irish shooters in general, by his actions.

Sending an email to the IGRF, calling on some point in the IGRF Charter and saying that one of if not the best Gallery Shooters John Robinson the current IGRF chairmans office is no longer tenable (Even after he called a vote of no confidence in himself and was reelected un opposed)

Oh it gets much better, and that he be replaced by the current Treasurer of the NASRPC (5 months or less on a national committee and its time to be chairman of the world organization)

Like a lot of us im sure I haven't laughed this hard in a while, but a dream is a dream. Good luck with that one.

Im still trying to make sense of this, "How to destroy a great organization in 5 months", by the NASRPC - sounds like a great title for a book.

Just too sad that its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

When I heard it myself I had a good laugh. I will be eagerly awaiting for the response from the IGRF. Looks like the Nasrpc chairman has lost all touch with reality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Is the NASRPC Committee trying to destroy gallery shooting altogether in this country?
    This after such a resounding turnout of support for the GRPAI on Saturdaly.
    It must surely now be time for these bully boy tactics to stop & for the present committee to think about what they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

"Power corrupts and total power totally corrupts"
    Naked personal ambition...touch of the Enda Kenny's about all of this now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Why did he call a vote of confidence in himself?

If there was a NASRPC proposals for a replacement how was he unopposed?

Ye come on here posting stuff that ye know the answer to & don't post the background info.................

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

and grpai are not trying to undermine narspc, now that's what makes me laugh they say they want to work with narspc. That's hilarious.

hermes2011 wrote: »
    and grpai are not trying to undermine narspc, now that's what makes me laugh they say they want to work with narspc. That's hilarious.

Answer me this. Do you think that the new chairman of the Nasrpc has the right or is qualified to tell the chairman of the IGRF who has shot for Ireland more times then anybody and is arguably one of the best gallery rifle shooters in existence that he wants rid of him as chairman of the IGRF and wants to replace him with a guy who has been on the Nasrpc committee for 5 months. FFS he really has lost his marbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

It's not hilarious, it's unfortunate that we have made several attempts to seek co-operation with the Nasrpc all of which have been rejected with no effort at communication.

The shooters and the GR squad have made their positions clear - both organisations are relevant and should engage.

The Nasrpc say they have "consulted widely". Consulted with who? Not the GR squad, not the clubs that provide most of the GR competitors. What is there to hide? Why not listen to the shooters?

so why was he unopposed?

listen to who grapi with all its support

so why was he unopposed?

What do you mean by unopposed?

as I said grapi don't have the support they think they have

as I said grapi don't have the support they think they have

Tell that to the shooters that turned out for the shoot on Saturday

okl ets look at this yous had 7 clubs at your shoot 5 off them had less than 15 shooters between them hilltop had 10 and the rest were hh shooters I belive that hh and hilltop have over 500 member between them alone without the rest off the clubs and that's support

so you had about 5% off the shooters from all them clubs

Let's look at the last Nasrpc shoot in 1 person from hilltop who is no longer a member I think 2 members from Munster oh yes the same Munster that had 100s show up for the AGM and the rest where from An riocht. What's your point

llike I said you haven't got a lot off support and yous want to be a ngb with that support now that's funny really funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

so you had about 5% off the shooters from all them clubs

The GRPAI shoot was well supported.

Regarding your 5% thing, (and I doubt your maths) not all club members compete. That doesn't mean that only 5% of shooters support the GRPAI.

seven clubs with 15 from five of them clubs. not a lot of support there, hilltop ten, not much there considering they have hundreds of members. I believe there was more at a safety course in HT that what turned up for a shoot there on Saturday

seven clubs with 15 from five of them clubs. not a lot of support there, hilltop ten, not much there considering they have hundreds of members. I believe there was more at a safety course in HT that what turned up for a shoot there on Saturday

Most club members don't take part in competitions.

Look at the AGM. There were loads of Munster people there who I had never seen before or since, and I've gone to competitions for the last four years or so. You don't have to compete to be a club member and you don't have to compete to support the GRPAI.

like I said it laughable you had at tops 60shooters there and you want ngb

I don't want NGB. It doesn't matter to me who the NGB is.

I'm just saying that the GRPAI have more support than you are giving them credit for.

eh nt a lot more hilltop ask member nt to poltical comments but they are still affiliated to the narspc, those ten shooters are probably the only ones who do support grpaiat hilltop you prod have about twice that in hh yous need to wake up and smell the coffee so now we can all laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

The majority of Gallery Rifle & Pistol shooters and the majority of the GR squad openly support the GRPAI as the NGB for GR&P.

However, most would also support the NASRPC as being an association of Clubs but not as the NGB for GR&P. In their efforts to defend their position they have actually brought the sports almost to the point of destruction with their behaviour and brought international embarrassment to Irish GR shooting.

and yous have done nothing you are just the victims how do you no the majority support you when the figures say they dont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I have just taken a look at the results from the NASRPC shoot held in April. Where were all those new members of munster target club. Support on the day wasn't exactly flowing out the gates. The one after that in Mourne was less again. You can mock and undermine all you want will you do the stats on those shoots to in the interest of fairness

• Advertisement

you are the oneswho are saying you have the support off the majority off shooter but you have no figures to show this just more smoke and mirrors

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement