Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

hermes2011 wrote: »
    you are the oneswho are saying you have the support off the majority off shooter but you have no figures to show this just more smoke and mirrors

So you won't do the stats on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

you had lees than 5% at your shoot how many hh member shot because it was in there club you can say so why don't you try hold one in say lough bo and we can you true support

you had lees than 5% at your shoot how many hh member shot because it was in there club you can say so why don't you try hold one in say lough bo and we can you true support

So why won't you do the stats on the first major NASRPC shoot after the agm. Where were all the new people who were at the agm?

its about you saying you have massive support when you do nt why don't you have a shoot in Fermoy if lough bo to hard and prove us all wrong you might nt have hilltop the why you taught you had or the club in ulster

its about you saying you have massive support when you do nt why don't you have a shoot in Fermoy if lough bo to hard and prove us all wrong you might nt have hilltop the why you taught you had or the club in ulster

Again why won't you do the stats,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

I see once again my questions go unanswered.

Speaking of stats lots of people entered only one competition. Probably in an attempt to win one of the membership vouchers. I know it's why I entered :)

Again why won't you do the stats,

I see once again my questions go unanswered.

Speaking of stats lots of people entered only one competition. Probably in an attempt to win one of the membership vouchers. I know it's why I entered :)

Neither are mine

I leave you with one taught committee can go at agm even at club level

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭IrishTarget

Please I implore you, for all our eyes use some form of English grammar.

• Advertisement

Just looked back through the results again from the shoot in April, you mentioned 2 clubs and support, neither or which had any members attend the first major shoot held by the new committee, one of those clubs being on its doorstep. But you are right everything is changeable at an agm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

It's like trying to argue with a bag of sawdust.

I don't support either GRPAI or NAPRC (Ciukdnt care less who's the NGB) I simply shoot in whatever competition is near me, heck if ICAS or PETA want to organize a shoot I'd shoot in that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

hexosan wrote: »
    It's like trying to argue with a bag of sawdust.

I don't support either GRPAI or NAPRC (Ciukdnt care less who's the NGB) I simply shoot in whatever competition is near me, heck if ICAS or PETA want to organize a shoot I'd shoot in that too.

Only if it was live bait

I didn't hear of free membership on winning. Must look into that

clivej wrote: »

I was told by a buddy that there was to be a draw from those who entered. Bit like the Lotto if you're not in ya can't win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

I was told by a buddy that there was to be a draw from those who entered. Bit like the Lotto if you're not in ya can't win :)

Their site says it's free membership if you compete in any of their events or take part in a training session.

hexosan wrote: »
    Their site says it's free membership if you compete in any of their events or take part in a training session.

:confused:

Sounds like my buddy was taking the pee out of me so

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

clivej wrote:

There was a 3 raffles off 100euros off HH membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

jb88 wrote: »
    Sending an email to the IGRF, calling on some point in the IGRF Charter and saying that one of if not the best Gallery Shooters John Robinson the current IGRF chairmans office is no longer tenable (Even after he called a vote of no confidence in himself and was reelected un opposed)

Oh it gets much better, and that he be replaced by the current Treasurer of the NASRPC (5 months or less on a national committee and its time to be chairman of the world organization)

Has anybody heard any more regarding this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Brasros wrote: »
    There was a 3 raffles off 100euros off HH membership.

A raffle for a discount? :pac:

C'mon...give me cheap wine and I will be happy all day long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

I've been shooting as a competitive civilian shooter since 2004. We resurrected City of Dublin Pistol club. We have seen splits and strife in shooting organisations over many years. We had a really good competitive shooting scene going for many great years. I want to see Irish competitive shooting grow, get national and international recognition and be very successful.
    I've seen a few iterations of the NASRPC and their dedicated committees over the years. The people who sacrifice themselves to go on the committee only want to do the best they can.
    Forming yet another NGB and splitting the shooters is ridiculous. As I've said before, we're not a huge pool of competitive shooters. Team selection should be pretty black and white. Leader board of top scores and top competitors. Secondly, who is in a position and in financial circumstances to travel. I've no problem with the association helping out on international costs, as far as they can afford. So what the f**k is the problem. Yes. A new committee got voted in. Yes deal with it. Help them. Don't hinder them. The membership will cast their vote next January if things are less than perfect. We have to look forward not back. Maybe I'm missing something here going on behind the scenes. Like I've said before, I've no vested interests. I just shoot pistol. Everything from ISSF , bullseye, gallery and WA1500. I've been involved with all Irish target shooting organisations, except.Pony club and Pentathlon. Have such serious divisions formed that compromises friendship? I know many people from new NASRPC Committee and old committee, and GRPAI. I consider them all friends. But this split is killing morale among ordinary shooters like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

If your told by the NASRPC even though you still go to their competitions and support them that you are no longer allowed to represent your country because you also support the GRPAI as 80% of the current Gallery squad were, well what would you do??

Loads of people are putting comments on this forum of their own experiences, well that's mine and that's the reason.

There have been dictatorships in the NASRPC in one form or another for many years.

But when you say I cant shoot for my country because I support a different group, well I don't know about you, but that's a big problem for me.

If the NASRPC at some stage see the light it may be too late here.
    Myself as a gallery shooter an sick to death of being told what to do by a representative of clubs, the NASRPC. I have no problem supporting them in their role as a national representation of clubs, but not for me as an individual member and Gallery shooter.

A representative body for Shooting clubs (NASRPC) telling International Gallery shooters who have represented their country for years, that they can no longer represent their country if they also support the GRPAI.

Example: You support a pistol organization and because the NASRPC has a problem with a national governing body status, it says no you cant shoot as a member of the Irish squad, well what would you do.

The C in NASRPC Stands for CLUBS not for Members, Clubs have many different types of shooters, Benchrest, sils, F Class, Sporting Rifle, Shotgun, and Gallery, to name but a few.

Let the NASRPC tell shotgun shooters and their organisations what groups they can represent and who they can send to represent Ireland abroad and at home and see how long that club stays part of the NASRPC.

Benchrest shooters also have their own organization and still shoot as part of the NASRPC and they were not told they could no longer represent their country if they supported their group (NBRAI) I think its called.
    Sorry all Benchrest shooters if I have got this wrong .Id laugh at the comments they would make in relation to this if they faced the same fate. (Knowing many of them)

But if you want clubs made up of say 70% Shotgun shooters voting and making decisions for Pistol shooters well then support the NASRPC and their ongoing commitment to make a mockery out of Irish shooters at home and Internationally, because remember the other countries involved in the IGRF have so far stayed largely out of this as and good international group would.

But when the NASRPC dragged them into a national problem, they could be forced into making the decision for the NASRPC at an international level.

In a few months time there will be another AGM and hopefully after some EGM hasn't changed the rules of the NASRPC where only two representatives of clubs can speak on their behalf.

At this AGM more shooters will vote and more committee changes will be announced, hopefully without further trips to Wexford to offer positions on organisations in order to stay quiet. ;-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭SVI40

Personally, I can understand why, if any shooter refuses to accept the NASRPC as the NGB for gallery, they will not be allowed to shoot on the Irish team. They are the current NGB, the GRPAI are not, so what is the issue? If you want to be on the National team, then accept the NASRPC as the current NGB.
    Change can be made at the next AGM, if the vote goes that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It's been interesting to follow this thread.

A couple of points stand out....well many do, but these ones are the shiners for me.

The GRPAI are accusing the NASRPC of bullying the squad into accepting the NASRPC as the NGB. Seems as the NASRPC actually ARE the NGB, de facto, or otherwise, I think it's only reasonable that they be recognised by the shooters, until such a time comes where an AGM or EGM be called to vote on the issue.

The GRPAI are being accused of lurking in the shadows and setting up an organisation as a power grabbing exercise. They are being told that they have not been democratically elected into their seats and that they have no members. So, how about the GRPAI rectify this....have members officially register and and hold an official meeting to officially vote in a committee?

Once these points are dealt with, I am sure some more issues will raise their heads, but the above need to be dealt with for the sake of the sport and all of our peace.

I'm just a new guy on the scene here, but those are the main points that stand out for me. I can definitely understand the anger on both sides. A new committee of the NASRPC are not in the job a wet day and there is what seems to have been an undermining effort of a democratic process. Then there's the argument of gallery and pistol shooter not having equal representation as other bodies.

Oh and just to be clear. I don't know enough about this to be on anyones side. I just know that both of the websites are the same and they both suck. I am qualified to say that much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

SVI40 wrote: »
    Personally, I can understand why, if any shooter refuses to accept the NASRPC as the NGB for gallery, they will not be allowed to shoot on the Irish team. They are the current NGB, the GRPAI are not, so what is the issue? If you want to be on the National team, then accept the NASRPC as the current NGB.
    SVI40 wrote: »
    What if people want change? They get excluded from their sport?

What if people want change? They get excluded from their sport?

Well said that man

Some didn't want change until they lost their positions. People are excluding themselves at this stage. All that's changed is the people on the committee. Don't forget the old committee didn't even stand for re election. probably because they had a plan B.

If I were on NASRPC I'd not be taking any notice of GRPAI. As has been said if they've that much support they can call an EGM or bide their time until the next AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Hey rimfire one person came over from the previous committee? The rest were ran/shouted out and the shouting has continued and graduated to badgering if not bullying. When lads are talking about going legal as if they have tourettes it's time to take stock. Wasn't there legal shenanigans with Justice minister when (contructive) discussions were ongoing re full bore pistols... and now it's threats of legal action again. All the complaints about the old committee are back with a vengence tbh. OK they can't charge any mileage now (yay.... not), which makes it an unaffordable role for most people, and with the toxic atmosphere who the heck would want in on it?
    All the savings could get spent on legal eagles at this rate!

The NASRPC with the old committee *and* with the new committee is but a pimple on the hind of humanity in terms of significance, GRPAI too. People need to wind their neck in and take the ego out of it.
    That shouldn't offend anyone, we are a tiny tiny group of people.

Still shooting in my own club having da craic, loadsa women, the non alcoholic beer flows like wine etc ;-)

Still shooting in my own club having da craic, loadsa women, the non alcoholic beer flows like wine etc ;-)

Please tell me (PM) what club is this I wan'a join ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

clivej wrote: »
    Please tell me (PM) what club is this I wan'a join ASAP

Must be an ISSF club.

Thing is, they keep outshooting us...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement