Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

clivej wrote: »
    Please tell me (PM) what club is this I wan'a join ASAP

But would they want you

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭SVI40

What if people want change? They get excluded from their sport?

People did want change, hence a new committee on the NASRPC. Change can be had again, at the next AGM, if so wished, or by EGM, if sufficient support is there. I don't see anyone being excluded, I see some people excluding themselves. If you wish to represent a sport on the National team, you must accept the relevant NGB. Unless you can point out any sport where members of the National team don't recognise the NGB, I cannot.

As regards change, if you read my last sentence, I have already stated that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Sparks wrote: »
    Must be an ISSF club.

Thing is, they keep outshooting us...

Must be visualising their husbands faces on the targets so.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

SVI40 wrote: »
    People did want change, hence a new committee on the NASRPC. Change can be had again, at the next AGM, if so wished, or by EGM, if sufficient support is there. I don't see anyone being excluded, I see some people excluding themselves. If you wish to represent a sport on the National team, you must accept the relevant NGB. Unless you can point out any sport where members of the National team don't recognise the NGB, I cannot.

As regards change, if you read my last sentence, I have already stated that.

So the NASRPC has and has never been the NGB for Gallery Rifle Shooters in Ireland FACT. Ring up the group who looks after National governing bodies in Ireland and ask (Nor right, nor mandate nor anything else) Pure farce

A representative organization of clubs telling 80% of the Squad you cant shoot as part of the national team, no mandate or rules for that either. Factions of the NASRPC making it all up as they go along.

The Squad has always been governed by the Captains who were elected by the squad. I know I voted for both current Gallery Small Bore and CF captains, as many others did.

The squad decides on the basis of results first and availability who competes, not the NASRPC, which is a representative organization of Clubs, and not Gallery competitors.

The NASRPC is now deciding who will be part of the squad based on their pledge to the NASRPC only, Its discrimination based on who you support, which is immoral in the 21st century.

Its depriving the NASRPC of its best competitors, people who built up Gallery shooting in Ireland to its high standard, along with depriving squad members with their right to compete for their country.

How democratic or morally justifiable is that ?

Unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

jb88 wrote: »
    Ring up the group who looks after National governing bodies in Ireland and ask
    You actually can't do that because there is no such group; that might have been mentioned a dozen times in this thread already. The Sports Council (and the Olympic Council too btw) are not in charge of designating who is and is not a national governing body for *any* sport.
    They will recognise an existing NGB (and have some criteria for NGBs to meet, but those come from grant application criteria, they have no bearing at all on who the NGB actally is) but they do not have the authority to designate who the NGB is and they should not be given that authority, it'd be a massive conflict of interest.

What designates the NGB is basically who does the work. There's an additional element when you have international governing bodies (which not all sports have) and there the international governing body may decide who can and cannot select a national team for international competition - but those rules vary from sport to sport. How they work for the NTSA and ISSF, for example, would be wildly different than for the MPAI and the UIPM, or the NRAI and the ICFRA. Likewise they'd be different in the case of the NASRPC/GRPAI and the IGRF.

The Sports Council has done more than enough damage to our sports in the last twenty years by demanding the formation of an umbrella body (the NRPAI/SSAI). No need to be giving them more opportunity to cause even more politics by having them act as an arbitrator in something they have no authority over. If you really need that, it's Just Sport Ireland you want to go to instead, this is the kind of thing they're there for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

its amazing the old committee off nasrpc called them self the ngb when they were there when they stood down and grpai came out low and be hold nasrpc are no longer ngb funny that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not trying to stir a Hornet's nest, but this came up in conversation the other day and it reminded me that i never asked what became of the meeting (iirc there was one or one due) to settle this issue?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Notting has changed from what I can see, they are still looking to be NGB..

Cass wrote: »
    Not trying to stir a Hornet's nest, but this came up in conversation the other day and it reminded me that i never asked what became of the meeting (iirc there was one or one due) to settle this issue?

NASRPC who?? Hardly anyone now attending their events and from next year no one will care, just going to fade into history or linger on like a bad smell for a few more years if what remains of their committee continue.

Sad to say but the numbers supporting the GRPAI speak for themselves,
    NASRPC recent EVENT (22 Competitors including the committee and those unelected, but make all the decisions)

GRPAI - 58 Competitors and would have been more, had the one NASRPC committee MEMBER and the unelected runner of ceremonies competed, but then that was never their strong point competing. (They just turned up to support the GRPAI)

As for their meeting s and sham arrangements no one cares anymore.
    The NASRPC have shot themselves in the foot or maybe a small finger as well.

They the (NASRPC Committee and Unelected decision makers running the NASRPC) have ostracized their electorate

I am one of the 7 or 8 travelling to Lough Bo for what used to be at least 30 - 40. from Harbour House.

But I will be there to support Lough Bo a great club with excellent members and a legendary owner.

I will recount yet more mishaps and rubbish which is what has become standard practice for the running of national shooting competitions within the NASRPC this year. (But who cares)

I wonder if the recently appointed chief range officer has learned to call a line yet for a Gallery event, only time will tell on that one. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Who is actually the NGB for Gallery? And I don't mean lay claim to it, who is actually recognised by the IGRF as the NGB? Is it the NASRPC?

I was told that both organisations requested NGB status and they were told by the IGRF to "sort it out among yourselves lads" or words to that effect.

Is that accurate or have I heard wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Methinks you doth protest too much jb88.

The NGB status is officially with the NASRPC though the GRPAI claim it.
    I am not involved in the dispute. Personally I think it is hilarious. A small number of shooters are whipping everyone up and think the rest of the shooting world is in outrage with them. Outside of a small number this really isn't an issue for people. The GRPAI just introduce another set of competitions to the sport which is to be welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

From a conversation I had recently can someone from GRPAI confirm that the current committee have been democratically elected as a buddy of mine reckons they are self appointed.

jb88, before the change in leadership in NASRPC did you have a problem with it representing gallery rifle shooters? It seems to me your allegiance is to the previous committee more so than the actual sport.

jb88, before the change in leadership in NASRPC did you have a problem with it representing gallery rifle shooters? It seems to me your allegiance is to the previous committee more so than the actual sport.

So how many Gallery competitions have you attended this year rimfire shooter, don't question my dedication to Gallery shooting. I guarantee its more than yours. I have attended more Gallery competitions than anyone other gallery shooter in Ireland this year. Look up the stats. on the NASRPC Website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Will there be two Ireland teams competing in the German International, one from the NASRPC and one from the GRPAI?

Methinks you doth protest too much jb88.

The NGB status is officially with the NASRPC though the GRPAI claim it.
    I am not involved in the dispute. Personally I think it is hilarious. A small number of shooters are whipping everyone up and think the rest of the shooting world is in outrage with them. Outside of a small number this really isn't an issue for people. The GRPAI just introduce another set of competitions to the sport which is to be welcomed.

Who cares, not you obviously so why comment, if your not involved why participate in this discussion so.
    Yes if you don't compete then its not an issue for you clearly, but for those of us who do its a different story

hermes2011 wrote: »
    its amazing the old committee off nasrpc called them self the ngb when they were there when they stood down and grpai came out low and be hold nasrpc are no longer ngb funny that

Your lack of keeping up to date astounds me ;-)

Who cares, not you obviously so why comment, if your not involved why participate in this discussion so.
    That is at least the second time you've told someone, however subtly, to piss of and not to comment.

That is back seat modding and is not allowed. Any person, regardless of their participation can comment here.

You seem fixated on participation as being a gauge for who can and cannot reply as well as their dedication to the sport.

As for your response to my post above. You never answered it. You went on a random rant about how great the GRPAI are and sh*te the NASRPC and then threw in some insults to boot.

I asked was a meeting ever held. If it was what was the outcome, if any? If no meeting was held will there be one? Or is this going to continue until one side "blinks".

The last time i posted here you accused me of "bringing it at every time we met on the range". As i said to you on then i have never brought it up, and last time on the range do you remember what i said to you? I'm not discussing this on the firing line anymore, i'm here to shoot.

So i have to ask here. If you don't know the answers then fair enough, l'll wait for someone that does. If you do then please let the rest of us know.
    1. Was a meeting held?
    2. What was the outcome?
    3. Who is the NGB?
    4. How are the current committee "unelected"?

I did not revive this for a row, nor to butt heads with you, but you've come running it with the studs up from the off. This only gets people's backs up and diminishes any point you try to make.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

So how many Gallery competitions have you attended this year rimfire shooter, don't question my dedication to Gallery shooting. I guarantee its more than yours. I have attended more Gallery competitions than anyone other gallery shooter in Ireland this year. Look up the stats. on the NASRPC Website.

The fact you refused to answer my question more or less answers it.

I don't know who you actually are nor do I actually care.

Just because you can turn up at every shoot whereas some of us can't due to work & family commitments does not make us any less interested than you.

As with most sports there are those who think they somehow "own" it & that without them it will cease to exist. They are then surprised when things continue without them.

Didn't answer the question but you did get another opportunity to blow your own trumpet nicely done..

• Advertisement

A well...here we go again..

As said above i just wanted an answer to a simple question. Did not want to start another sh*t slinging match. Kinda naive, but i thought just maybe it'd work.

jb88, actually, I do compete on and off. So it seems my opinion is valid according to your logic.

My favourite part of your argument is how against the NASRPC you are, yet somehow you still travel to all of their events. I don't know whether this is a hypocrisy or martyrdom- either way, your portrait needs to go up in clubhouses around the shooting world for such selfless behaviour. If you were interested in supporting the club why not just send them the cash in lieu. You will show support, save petrol and not produce so much CO2.

The NASRPC committee were democratically elected whether people like it or not. The arguments are about as childish and school yard as they can get.
    "I am the NGB."
    "No, I am."

Or my favourite...

"I am picking the teams."
    "No, I am."
    "Not playing anymore." *continues to play.

Just one question though jb88, why are you so angry? You hangry?

jb88, actually, I do compete on and off. So it seems my opinion is valid according to your logic.

My favourite part of your argument is how against the NASRPC you are, yet somehow you still travel to all of their events. I don't know whether this is a hypocrisy or martyrdom- either way, your portrait needs to go up in clubhouses around the shooting world for such selfless behaviour. If you were interested in supporting the club why not just send them the cash in lieu. You will show support, save petrol and not produce so much CO2.

The NASRPC committee were democratically elected whether people like it or not. The arguments are about as childish and school yard as they can get.
    "I am the NGB."
    "No, I am."

Or my favourite...

"I am picking the teams."
    "No, I am."
    "Not playing anymore." *continues to play.

Just one question though jb88, why are you so angry? You hangry?

Well In answer to your statements, the club in the past invariably didn't get the revenue from an NASRPC Competition. So posting it to the NASRPC for not attending, whats the point in that. But you know all the facts right

Glad your caring for the environment.
    The rest above well its your rhetoric, good luck with that as well. See you in Lough Bo so.

The fact you refused to answer my question more or less answers it.

I don't know who you actually are nor do I actually care.

Just because you can turn up at every shoot whereas some of us can't due to work & family commitments does not make us any less interested than you.

As with most sports there are those who think they somehow "own" it & that without them it will cease to exist. They are then surprised when things continue without them.

I disagree with your statement "As with most sports there are those who think they somehow "own" it & that without them it will cease to exist. They are then surprised when things continue without them",

I do hope you are not inferring it has anything to do with me, your statement is funny to say the least.

I said send the cash to the club.

Seriously you haven't engaged in a single question, just put on some macho attitude about how you know more than everyone else and how superior you are for attending competitions.

What is your problem with an elected body running an organisation?
    What exactly is your problem with the NASRPC being the NGB?
    What makes the GRPAI the apparent NGB?

Not sure about making it to Lough Bo, I wouldn't want to detract from your one-man performance- "jb88: The Life, The Man, The Cause."

That is at least the second time you've told someone, however subtly, to piss of and not to comment.

That is back seat modding and is not allowed. Any person, regardless of their participation can comment here.

You seem fixated on participation as being a gauge for who can and cannot reply as well as their dedication to the sport.

As for your response to my post above. You never answered it. You went on a random rant about how great the GRPAI are and sh*te the NASRPC and then threw in some insults to boot.

I asked was a meeting ever held. If it was what was the outcome, if any? If no meeting was held will there be one? Or is this going to continue until one side "blinks".

The last time i posted here you accused me of "bringing it at every time we met on the range". As i said to you on then i have never brought it up, and last time on the range do you remember what i said to you? I'm not discussing this on the firing line anymore, i'm here to shoot.

So i have to ask here. If you don't know the answers then fair enough, l'll wait for someone that does. If you do then please let the rest of us know.
    1. Was a meeting held?
    2. What was the outcome?
    3. Who is the NGB?
    4. How are the current committee "unelected"?

I did not revive this for a row, nor to butt heads with you, but you've come running it with the studs up from the off. This only gets people's backs up and diminishes any point you try to make.

CASS, You told me before you know nothing about whats happening, so I have to say little has changed by the above request for information.

This forum wont do anything to solve the issues, frankly all it does is give a lot of non participants or occasional participants a chance to make statements.

Running with the studs up and other comments only add fuel to the fire so more keyboard warriors can wade in and stake their claim.
    Pity they don't do that at AGM's or at a club level to see the split which has developed, one which I helped discuss.
    But its all a futile exercise on this forum I see that now.

Sparks wrote: »
    You actually can't do that because there is no such group; that might have been mentioned a dozen times in this thread already. The Sports Council (and the Olympic Council too btw) are not in charge of designating who is and is not a national governing body for *any* sport.
    They will recognise an existing NGB (and have some criteria for NGBs to meet, but those come from grant application criteria, they have no bearing at all on who the NGB actally is) but they do not have the authority to designate who the NGB is and they should not be given that authority, it'd be a massive conflict of interest.

What designates the NGB is basically who does the work. There's an additional element when you have international governing bodies (which not all sports have) and there the international governing body may decide who can and cannot select a national team for international competition - but those rules vary from sport to sport. How they work for the NTSA and ISSF, for example, would be wildly different than for the MPAI and the UIPM, or the NRAI and the ICFRA. Likewise they'd be different in the case of the NASRPC/GRPAI and the IGRF.

The Sports Council has done more than enough damage to our sports in the last twenty years by demanding the formation of an umbrella body (the NRPAI/SSAI). No need to be giving them more opportunity to cause even more politics by having them act as an arbitrator in something they have no authority over. If you really need that, it's Just Sport Ireland you want to go to instead, this is the kind of thing they're there for.

Yes maybe I will publish the emails or maybe I wont, It makes no difference on the NGB. But on the NGB Query maybe this will help.

Now take some time to follow this.
    The SSAI were originally the Irish NGB , But at this time the IGRF was not formed. The SSAI was not a "proper", shooting organization and after it ended the IGRF were told it had changed its name to the NASRPC but this was incorrect as the NASRPC was a separate body from the SSAI.

More than two committees ago and means that the NASRPC Claims to be an NGB are completely false.

There was never a vote to select the NASRPC as the NGB. The IGRF were conned into putting their name down as the NGB.

the NASRPC Claim to be NGB is, now wait for it "FALSE". Bullying a meeting of the IGRF wont help, ask the IGRF for some documentation to confirm this, even better ask the NASRPC, I am sure they can dream up something.

You appear to have dropped a conspiracy theory that has just gone everywhere. Be careful where you are walking.

If what you say is true, then the last 2 committees should be held responsible for claiming NGB status when they never had it. And according to you one of those committees "conned" the IGRF into recognising the NASRPC. And this is assuming what you are saying is the truth and not truth from a perspective, a mile away, with binoculars.

How was there bullying at a meeting?

• Advertisement

Yes maybe I will publish the emails or maybe I wont, It makes no difference on the NGB. But on the NGB Query maybe this will help.

Now take some time to follow this.
    The SSAI were originally the Irish NGB , But at this time the IGRF was not formed. The SSAI was not a "proper", shooting organization and after it ended the IGRF were told it had changed its name to the NASRPC but this was incorrect as the NASRPC was a separate body from the SSAI.

More than two committees ago and means that the NASRPC Claims to be an NGB are completely false.

There was never a vote to select the NASRPC as the NGB. The IGRF were conned into putting their name down as the NGB.

the NASRPC Claim to be NGB is, now wait for it "FALSE". Bullying a meeting of the IGRF wont help, ask the IGRF for some documentation to confirm this, even better ask the NASRPC, I am sure they can dream up something.

All well & good BUT will you tell us until the previous NASRPC committee were replaced did you agree with NASRPC being the NGB?

I don't expect an answer this time either as looking at the content in your previous few posts I reckon you'll not be posting here again.

And my other still unanswered question. is the GRPAI committee democratically elected?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement