Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

BillBen wrote: »
    The squad vote in the captains not the committee. I voted for the current captains not the committee.

OK so, what if the squad vote them out then? I have to say that I was not impressed by the team captain who spoke at the AGM. He appeared to be saying that he expected the new committee to continue the privileged treatment that the squad has received from the last committee. My analysis of the accounts for last year showed that the NASRPC lost money in the year and that a lot was spent on shirts and medals plus supporting the teams( Polo shirts.etc €5011 ,Gr/BR jackets ,fees ammo €1,280). All very well if you can afford it but not if you lose money.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

badaj0z wrote: »
    OK so, what if the squad vote them out then? I have to say that I was not impressed by the team captain who spoke at the AGM. He appeared to be saying that he expected the new committee to continue the privileged treatment that the squad has received from the last committee. My analysis of the accounts for last year showed that the NASRPC lost money in the year and that a lot was spent on shirts and medals plus supporting the teams( Polo shirts.etc €5011 ,Gr/BR jackets ,fees ammo €1,280). All very well if you can afford it but not if you lose money.

Privileged!! Did the Nasrpc pay for me to represent them in Germany NO. Yes we got a shooting jacket. That's it. I suppose you would like the team to turn up looking like and bunch of lads on a stags and not a national team. Fleeces were paid for by us flights,transport, hotel, food, all by the individual shooter. So get your facts right before you post please.

. So get your facts right before you post please.

The facts above are quoted from the accounts BillBen. The exact statements from the accounts are as follows:

Sprint Design €5011.40 Awards Open/Nat Champs/Polos
    GR & BR €1280.00 Jackets/Entry Fees/Ammo PH

The facts above are quoted from the accounts BillBen. The exact statements from the accounts are as follows:

Sprint Design €5011.40 Awards Open/Nat Champs/Polos

Yeah look national comps/ international / the medals and targets didn't pay for themselves. The Nasrpc is a nonprofit organisation so I'd be surprised if they where making money. All I am saying is that I know how much it cost me to represent the Nasrpc in Germany last year and the year before and it was a lot of money not to mention the amount of money I spent on ammo practicing to make sure I shot well for the team. So if we got a jacket or one topi think that is the least we could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Also involved are the Target shooters in ... the SSAI
    Er, no. The SSAI never had shooters as members, only shooting associations. And it's now gone, replaced by the FSAI, which last I heard was effectively defunct or at least inactive.
    Also, at least one member body in the SSAI wouldn't touch the SC with a barge pole.
    All in all, the weight of representation is with the shooters and there is no denying that the united stand taken by the SC proved very effective with the Justice committee and with the Garda and DOJ.
    Oh, I think I could deny it.

That united stand was not something organised by the SC; other bodies, not in the SC, with no desire to be in the SC, and who wouldn't ever even contemplate joining the SC, outnumbered the SC in terms of the people they fielded. There was a united stand in that everyone was saying the same thing, but there wasn't a common hymnsheet, and frankly, the SC rather bolloxed up the thing a number of times and everyone else wound up cleaning up their mess. Prime Time being the most visible example of that.

And this "all row in behind us lads, you can trust us" ****e should have died a death a very long time ago. Why it persists is a mystery to me. People keep saying there's strength in unity - my arse. No nation in the world has a single lobbying body for all the shooting sports. Not even the US (hell, they have more division than we do, it just doesn't get covered much in the press). We do have more complexity than we need, but we need this idea of a single monolithic body like we need to dig tiger traps out on Grafton street to handle the siberian tiger issue that's plaguing Dublin right now.

• Advertisement

. The Nasrpc is a nonprofit organisation so I'd be surprised if they where making money.

True, they are not supposed to make money but they are not supposed to run at a loss either. The accounts show the following at summary level
    Balance at start of year = €2593
    Balance at end of year = €1103
    So on the face of it, excess of expenditure over income in the year =€1490
    The accounts also show a that there was a transfer in of €5000 from the legal fund to the current/ operating account . No legal expenses are detailed on the expenditure side so if this transfer had not happened then the excess of expenditure over income for the year would have been €6490. The expenses mentioned above seem a bit OTT in this light, don't they? These figures are taken from the Account Summary published at the AGM. BTW, what was the legal fund set up for?

Sparks wrote: »
    Er, no. The SSAI never had shooters as members, only shooting associations. .

TYpo Sparks, should have read NSSAI, now corrected.

I can't answer for the old committee but I'm sure full disclosure was given to the new guys.

Oh, I think I could deny it.

That united stand was not something organised by the SC; other bodies, not in the SC, with no desire to be in the SC, and who wouldn't ever even contemplate joining the SC, outnumbered the SC in terms of the people they fielded. There was a united stand in that everyone was saying the same thing, but there wasn't a common hymnsheet, and frankly, the SC rather bolloxed up the thing a number of times and everyone else wound up cleaning up their mess. Prime Time being the most visible example of that.

And this "all row in behind us lads, you can trust us" ****e should have died a death a very long time ago. Why it persists is a mystery to me. People keep saying there's strength in unity - my arse. No nation in the world has a single lobbying body for all the shooting sports. Not even the US (hell, they have more division than we do, it just doesn't get covered much in the press). We do have more complexity than we need, but we need this idea of a single monolithic body like we need to dig tiger traps out on Grafton street to handle the siberian tiger issue that's plaguing Dublin right now.
    I agree that the Prime Time episode was not good and that it was a mistake to take part. A regards the make up of the people on the Justice panel, they were invited by the DOJ based on representations submitted. You will know as you were one of them. Some performed well, you included, some did not.
    I know you have never had any love for any national body representing all shooters. To some extent, in times gone by, you were instrumental in bringing about the formation of the SC, although you would not have been aware of it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

There has been a couple of references made saying that a member of the GRPAI committee was on the IGRF / NASRPC committee, who are you talking about?? ( Sparks, i think you may have been one of the people who mentioned this) ????

• Advertisement

A regards the make up of the people on the Justice panel, they were invited by the DOJ based on representations submitted.
    No, they were invited by the Joint Committee (the DoJ was appearing before the Joint Committee as well, don't forget).
    I know you have never had any love for any national body representing all shooters.
    I think that might be an open secret.
    To some extent, in times gone by, you were instrumental in bringing about the formation of the SC, although you would not have been aware of it at the time.
    Now that's defamation right there :D
    Also, from what I personally know of the people behind the SC, I had very little to do with it, regardless of the funny jokes :D

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    There has been a couple of references made saying that a member of the GRPAI committee was on the IGRF / NASRPC committee, who are you talking about?? ( Sparks, i think you may have been one of the people who mentioned this) ????
    I think several of them were, but I was thinking of Declan Byrne in particular (I had been given to understand he was on the GRPAI committee, but if you know better, hey I'm just an outsider to all this who's kibitzing because he has a few more spare minutes than normal at this time of day).

TYpo Sparks, should have read NSSAI, now corrected.

Do you mean the NSAI? (Not being smart, but it's such a fecking alphabet soup when it comes to shooting groups that you really can't tell anymore - bang your head off the keyboard at random and you have a pretty decent chance at accidentally typing in a shooting body's name these days...)

Yeah, I meant the NSAI. Now corrected. Thanks.

I think several of them were, but I was thinking of Declan Byrne in particular (I had been given to understand he was on the GRPAI committee, but if you know better, hey I'm just an outsider to all this who's kibitzing because he has a few more spare minutes than normal at this time of day).

I can guarantee you now, none of the grpai committee were ever on the nasrpc committee :-)

Just spoke with The above mentioned and he has assured me that he has nothing to do with the GRPAI.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They had the names of the committee for them on their website, but took it down within a few days.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Cass wrote: »
    The confusion above about the NASRPC being the NGB for BR is now clearer to me. It arose form the NASRPC listing BR as a discipline and me knowing they are an NGB. Coupled with the NRBAI website not stating categorically that they hold NGB status for BR.

Fixed now. Thanks :)

What BR stuff did they give? I didn't see anything.....

Ooops, slight clarification on my last post, there is one one the grpai committee who was on the nasrpc committee but it is not Declan Byrne. My bad :-)

• Advertisement

LB6 wrote: »
    What BR stuff did they give? I didn't see anything.....

You will have to ask the old committee that question. I am just reproducing what it says on the Account Summary handed out at the AGM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

After recieving a private message I'd just to clarify the unanswered emailed was sent to NARGC not NASRPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

You will have to ask the old committee that question. I am just reproducing what it says on the Account Summary handed out at the AGM.

As for what benchrest stuff was given ?

I believe some ammo was given to one competitor going to the world championship in Australia last year, amounting to €100-€200 and nothing in the previous couple of years !

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    I can guarantee you now, none of the grpai committee were ever on the nasrpc committee :-)

Not true, In one instance

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

So the committee, nor website for the GRAPI doesn't state that, nor the question asked in relation to this on FB.

jb88 wrote: »
    Not true, In one instance

Yes, and i acknowledged my mistake 😀

badaj0z wrote:

Got my answer to this. Only €100 of the€1,280 was given to a br shooter in the form of ammunition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

LB6 wrote: »
    Got my answer to this. Only €100 of the€1,280 was given to a br shooter in the form of ammunition.

So they gave €100 of ammo to someone & they paid €1280 for it :eek:

So they gave €100 of ammo to someone & they paid €1280 for it :eek:

No they paid €100 for ammunition and the rest went on shooting jackets and jerseys for the team who were going to the world championships in Germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

No they paid €100 for ammunition and the rest went on shooting jackets and jerseys for the team who were going to the world championships in Germany

I don't think anybody could begrudge jerseys and shooting jackets for the International teams shooting at the World Championships.

And anybody who things that was excessive would want to see how well turned out the South African team were. Suits with the SA crest on them, jackets, the coolest shooting jerseys ever etc. They really looked the part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement