Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

My experience of Harbour House has been very, very positive compared to some ranges I've been on.

At the end of the day no matter which type of club it is without members neither will survive very long.

So as I've already said strife causes divisions & trouble which ultimately leads to people leaving which is never a good thing.

Can't we all just be friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

Following a gallery rifle squad meeting called by the Nasrpc today, the squad has been informed that both team captains and the top gallery rifle shooters have effectively been excluded from representing Ireland at any international competitions at home or abroad. An ultimatum was read out by the NDC to that effect.

A vote of confidence in both team captains was called and was carried by a clear majority of squad members present but was not recognised by the Nasrpc committee members present.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

A total disgrace that the current committee have made it so personal that they are overruling most of the squad members by doing this. It looks like these clowns are out to ruin what has been achieved by the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I thought that places on the National Team were dictated by the ranking in the 1500 event, i.e. those with the best scored were on the team.

Bad form and probably against the rules to exclude the top shooters from the National Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Looks like it's time to decide who to support on this.
    NASRPC the organization that represents the clubs
    Or
    GRPAI the organization that represents the gallery shooters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

I've just started another thread re the above. The team captains are voted in by the squad members. The Nasrpc have nothing to do with the captains

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I thought that places on the National Team were dictated by the ranking in the 1500 event, i.e. those with the best scored were on the team.

Not any more, the NASRPC Committee can now bully shooters and decide who shoots.

New questionaire for squad selection - do you swear undying alliegance to the NASRPC and promise not to speak to the GRPAI? If the answer is Yes - welcome to the NASRPC Gallery Rifle Squad. If the answer is No, then you are a "parasite" just like the guys in the GRPAI Committee.

By the way "parasites" is exactly what they called us today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

if anyone has of read the thread I posted about anyone receiving the nasrpc minutes, I said that this would happen and people said no it would never happen. now what you are going to see is probably grpai members trying to take over the club committees that they are in, people in clubs not talking to each other, you will have the nasrpc will expel clubs that support grpai, clubs will fall apart due to the for and against within clubs, and this ****e will go on for years, and the only ones who are going to win out here will be the Gardaí as there will be no affective voice against them making decision regarding firearm applications.

as I said before grpai became public knowledge they sounded out support from clubs they have at least two clubs in leinster and one in ulster who will back them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

A servant cannot have two masters.

It seems some individuals & clubs are keeping a foot in each "camp".

It's like the Dail there ar some here who are looking after their own interests while professing to be doing it for the good of the sport I reckon.

• Advertisement

National Team Selection is the Top 5 on the board. Should someone be unavailable for Team Selection, the next highest person, on merit, i.e. 6th place will be asked to sub for them—and so on until a team is fielded.

This is an extract from The NASRPC March newsletter. I just looked at the leaderboard for 1500 attached to that newsletter and the top two smallbore shooters are GPRAI. So, publish rules in March, break them in April. Nice.

I no there strong support for grpai within the rso who do national and international shoots as a lot off them are in the same club

For those that accuse the GRPAI of causing a split, please bear in mind that while we have views on an alternative administration of the sport, we wanted to ensure continuation of the squad and the teams.

We attended today's "training session" in a positive manner and we actually embraced the NASRPC's plans for coaching which they announced today.

And then they tore the squad apart.

At least the GRPAI can hold our heads high and stand over our proposals, all of which have been published widely.

Now that the Gallery Rifle Squad has been torn apart, please consider exactly who is causing a split?

The ironic thing is, people now realise why a seperate body for Gallery Rifle & Pistol is necessary, now more than ever.

yous are both as guilty as each other its very funny that most of the leading lights in grpai are the ex-committee members that has just been voted out at the beginning of the year, grpai was formed a couple of weeks later. you didn't even give the new committee time to prove themselves and as I said in a previous thread, at least we can democratically vote in or out a new narspc committee open to any one to stand, who voted in your committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

It was democratically agreed at the agm that Martin would stay on to represent the nasrpc on the fcp... They like to pick and choose what they deem democratic.

I think I will get a few of my fellow shooters to form an association that represents gallery rifle and pistol and call ourselves IGRPA and then we can call ourselves an National Governing Body. say nothing about our membership or who voted us in on the committee to govern it, this is exactly what GRPAI have done. The ex-committee members even wiped the computers before handing them back to the NARSPC (in their minutes) left one to be picked up in a club. so who is being the children with no rattle here!!

homerhop wrote: »
    It was democratically agreed at the agm that Martin would stay on to represent the nasrpc on the fcp... They like to pick and choose what they deem democratic.

The IFA had massive problems recently but they sorted it out amongst themselves, as far as I am aware there is no split or a formation of a second governing body. The worked it out maturely in the interest of farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

targetx wrote: »
    For those that accuse the GRPAI of causing a split, please bear in mind that while we have views on an alternative administration of the sport, we wanted to ensure continuation of the squad and the teams.

We attended today's "training session" in a positive manner and we actually embraced the NASRPC's plans for coaching which they announced today.

And then they tore the squad apart.

At least the GRPAI can hold our heads high and stand over our proposals, all of which have been published widely.

Now that the Gallery Rifle Squad has been torn apart, please consider exactly who is causing a split?

The ironic thing is, people now realise why a seperate body for Gallery Rifle & Pistol is necessary, now more than ever.
    That all depends on your point of veiw... I never agreed with the the forming of the GPRAI i still think it was formed to damage the NASRPC and all because of a few disgruntled members , Anyone could see at the last AGM the whole meeting was abou 50/50 and that just about anyone could of ended up the running of the NASRPC but the old gang missed out and formed the GPRAI its terrible the carry on,, and guess what there another AGM this year if ye what it that bad,,
    ****ty emails been sent i hear GPRAI have sent some also so before you throw stones...
    "The Split"
    A line in the sand has been drawn , i only hope now ye will get taken by the tide.. Ye where never needed

clivej wrote: »
    Looks like it's time to decide who to support on this.
    NASRPC the organization that represents the clubs
    Or
    GRPAI the organization that represents the gallery shooters

I shoot Gallery and the GRPAI don't represent me.
    The NGB which is held by the NASRPC this is where representation starts...

Who has the NGB Clive? Ya that would be the NASRPC...

as I said earlier all that GRPAI is going to do is split clubs and people will get sick of the fighting and leave target shooting. so all that GRPAI is doing is destroy what they swear to represent. They were clever enough to sound out support within clubs before going public, and gathering support from RSO's. People need to wake up and see what GRPAI is - secret and cronyism, what happens if they get voted off GRPAI will they form another association. Most people know who they are so its time they came out of the shadows.

• Advertisement

hermes2011 wrote: »
    its very funny that most of the leading lights in grpai are the ex-committee members that has just been voted out at the beginning of the year.

Where are you getting your 'most' from? There is only one ex-committee member on the committee of the GPRAI.

that's what you think there is one who is out in the public. GRPAI will take over clubs, they have full support from two in leinster and one in munster. FIrst things committees will do will change insurance to another provided who has representation on the FCP and who just happens to be an ex-NARSPC. It will happen

that's what you think there is one who is out in the public. GRPAI will take over clubs, they have full support from two in leinster and one in ulster. FIrst things committees will do will change insurance to another provided who has representation on the FCP and who just happens to be an ex-NARSPC. It will happen

Most people know who they are so its time they came out of the shadows.

What are you talking about?? We are not in the shadows, everyone knows who we are. We have been working hard on the ground for the past few weeks, communicating face to face with shooters, organising our first competition and gathering massive support.

I'll tell you something, after today, its far from shadows we are in, we are now in the sunlight...thanks to the NASRPC shooting themselves in both feet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

targetx wrote: »
    Following a gallery rifle squad meeting called by the Nasrpc today, the squad has been informed that both team captains and the top gallery rifle shooters have effectively been excluded from representing Ireland at any international competitions at home or abroad. An ultimatum was read out by the NDC to that effect.

A vote of confidence in both team captains was called and was carried by a clear majority of squad members present but was not recognised by the Nasrpc committee members present.

Targetx, why were the committee members names removed from the GRPAI website? I would think that proud representatives would happily have their names listed. It's one thing to neglect to list them in the first place, but is questionable as to why the names were later taken down. I was quite interested in the formation of the GRPAI until the names were withdrawn from public view. Perhaps you can explain what happened and why the decision was made to remove the names?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Where are you getting your 'most' from? There is only one ex-committee member on the committee of the GPRAI.

I think that's what's called "A Front"

you mean you have been working the shadows in the past few months well before the AGM in Naas, and now have decided to walk in the sunlight.

goz83 wrote: »
    Targetx, why were the committee members names removed from the GRPAI website?

No, our names are on the website. When did you check it last? No secrets about who we are.

you mean you have been working the shadows in the past few months well before the AGM in Naas, and now have decided to walk in the sunlight.

Correct. and by the way did you also know that the current NASRPC Committee "worked in the shadows" before the AGM too and formed their plan in secret meetings.....I know that because I attended one of their secret meetings.

• Advertisement

I see by the GRPAI face book page that some of their members are calling for an EGM, by GRPAI own account they only represent shooters not the clubs, so how can they GRPAI call an EGM for anything, are they going back on their first promise, or are they showing they just want to control the clubs. their true reasoning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement