Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPAI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

hermes2011 wrote: »
    I see by the GRPAI face book page that some of their members are calling for an EGM, by GRPAI own account they only represent shooters not the clubs, so how can they GRPAI call an EGM for anything, are they going back on their first promise, or are they showing they just want to control the clubs. their true reasoning

No, that is incorrect we have not called for an EGM. That is not our place to do, that would only be a decision that clubs can make. Are you trying to twist things or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭hermes2011

targetx wrote: »
    Correct. and by the way did you also know that the current NASRPC Committee "worked in the shadows" before the AGM too and formed their plan in secret meetings.....I know that because I attended one of their secret meetings.

so you are admitting publicly that you were formed before the AGM in Naas. So is that the reason why the whole committee resigned enmasse? Clubs are allowed to talk before AGM to form proposals and questions, and everyone knew why them clubs were doing it because of what the ex-committee done to these clubs. Just as a matter of interest will you be posting that on face book too

so you are admitting publicly that you were formed before the AGM in Naas. So is that the reason why the whole committee resigned enmasse? Clubs are allowed to talk before AGM to form proposals and questions, and everyone knew why them clubs were doing it because of what the ex-committee done to these clubs. Just as a matter of interest will you be posting that on face book too

Some of us formed the opinion a long time ago that a separate body was required for Gallery Rifle & Pistol and today we have been proved 100% correct. So we are not revenge for the AGM as you might like people to believe. By the way, we are also not the former NASRPC committee, one of our members was a very well respected member of the former NASRPC committee and that is not anything that we are ashamed of.

No, that is incorrect we have not called for an EGM. That is not our place to do, that would only be a decision that clubs can make. Are you trying to twist things or what?

your members are calling for EGM. First you say you are only formed a few weeks, and now u admit you are formed since before the AGM in Naas, how can anyone believe anything that you are saying when you have no interest in clubs, when you have. you cant believe a word out off your mouth and shooters should wake up to GRPAI and see what they really want to do - control target shooting in Ireland but undemocratically

your members are calling for EGM.

Still incorrect. Now please tell the truth, someone asked a question on our Facebook page asking if an EGM could be called and we replied to say that was a matter for Clubs.

• Advertisement

your members are calling for EGM. First you say you are only formed a few weeks, and now u admit you are formed since before the AGM in Naas, how can anyone believe anything that you are saying when you have no interest in clubs, when you have. you cant believe a word out off your mouth and shooters should wake up to GRPAI and see what they really want to do - control target shooting in Ireland but undemocratically

Believe what you want. You are welcome to come to our competition at Harbour House on 7th May and see for yourself the level of support that we have.

I am not incorrect about you saying that you were forming before the AGM. We will let shooters make up their own mind why the committee resigned enmasse. I can see by your facebook page there are a lot of members from Hilltop were most of the ex committee were from

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Didn't know the GRPAI had any members they haven't had a shoot yet. My club are members of the Nasrpc and I'll certainly be going to my club committee and will be asking them to call for an EGM.

We will let shooters make up their own mind why the committee resigned enmasse.

If you were at the AGM you would know why the previous committee resigned, that ship has sailed. Move on.

BillBen wrote: »
    Didn't know the GRPAI had any members they haven't had a shoot yet. My club are members of the Nasrpc and I'll certainly be going to my club committee and will be asking them to call for an EGM.

maybe members was wrong word, supporters. whom are known throughtout clubs as National RO's. One is also an ex committee member and an other is member of the past IRish CF Team

• Advertisement

maybe members was wrong word, supporters. whom are known throughtout clubs as National RO's. One is also an ex committee member and an other is member of the past IRish CF Team

You really should be a detective :pac:

so what I said in my last post re RO's and Club support is true, GRPAI want to take over club committees because as far as I am aware some of those on Face book are also committee members of Hilltop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Who has the NGB Clive? Ya that would be the NASRPC...

This is something that has me puzzled. If the NASRPC are the NGB (and I'm not saying that they aren't ), have the IGRF actually come out and made a statement recently to back the NASRPC?

Because if they did, that would put the NGB thing to bed.

Correct. and by the way did you also know that the current NASRPC Committee "worked in the shadows" before the AGM too and formed their plan in secret meetings.....I know that because I attended one of their secret meetings.

this is a person that should be trusted - a wolf in sheeps clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

the only ones who are going to win out here will be the Gardaí as there will be no affective voice against them making decision regarding firearm applications.
    As much as the rowing is disappointing to see, that line about effective voices being lose because of a row in the NASRPC is ... unfounded. The legislative side of things has never been very positively affected by anyone involved in this, and there are far more capable people working on it at the moment. And the court level side of things hasn't been funded by any group in a very long time (and frankly, is something we'd all rather not see taken on except where it has to be, rather than taken on for sport). So the loss you're looking at here hermes is primarily one of sport rather than Fighting Da Powa and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

so what I said in my last post re RO's and Club support is true, GRPAI want to take over club committees because as far as I am aware some of those on Face book are also committee members of Hilltop

Are we a conspiracy theorists ??

its not conspiracy theres truth in it. they admitted to meeting pre agm in naas. supporters on facebook are national ro's ex committee member and are on hilltop comm. so do you think they are not going to take over clubs

BillBen wrote: »

Are we a conspiracy theorists ??

Hilltop members are on Facebook, what a shock!!

By the way we are actually aliens planning to take over the world, Target shooting is just a cloak

the truth hurts targetx

the truth hurts targetx

The truth? That Clubs and RO's and ordinary shooters support us? Of course that is the truth and we are proud of it. Just watch this space....

• Advertisement

its not conspiracy theres truth in it. they admitted to meeting pre agm in naas. supporters on facebook are national ro's ex committee member and are on hilltop comm. so do you think they are not going to take over clubs

By your reckoning the GRPAI have the support of three clubs. So, if you are correct, that makes three in support out of seventeen. Hardly a good foundation for taking over clubs.

Check out the Conspiracy Theory Forum on boards while you are here.

do you want to name the clubs and rso if your that proud off it

well targetx are you that proud everything I said is true

I don't see why people have to pick one side or the other. I'm perfectly happy to support both organisations. Fair enough, the NGB status thing is a fly in the ointment but the IGRF will sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod Note] Folks, please remember the first rule in the forum charter. I know feelings are running high about this; that doesn't override the charter.

there be no choice all that will happen is they will wreck clubs for the sake offwanting power

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

BattleCorp wrote: »
    This is something that has me puzzled. If the NASRPC are the NGB (and I'm not saying that they aren't ), have the IGRF actually come out and made a statement recently to back the NASRPC?

International governing bodies don't get involved in such disputes and they don't appoint NGBs. They accept applications from perspective bodies.
    Fair enough, the NGB status thing is a fly in the ointment but the IGRF will sort that out.

NASRPC are the only ones marked as member.:

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

The reality is that the original IGRF charter was signed on behalf of the SSAI which had no powers to do so at the time. The SSAI was an umbrella body for other NGB's and was not entitled to be an NGB in its own right.

When the SSAI was dissolved the NASRPC stepped into the position by default, there was never a vote in the IGRF to select the NASRPC as an NGB.

Sparks explained this very well in an earlier post and thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

No, our names are on the website. When did you check it last? No secrets about who we are.

I hadn't looked at it since the names were removed, because at that point, I lost interest. It is good to see the names are listed again. Is one missing? I thought there were 5 originally.

Is there a reason they were removed in the first place?

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    International governing bodies don't get involved in such disputes and they don't appoint NGBs. They accept applications from perspective bodies.

NASRPC are the only ones marked as member.:

I know what you are saying Cass but if the IGRF accept applications then they have to judge the merits of the application and either recognise the organisation as a NGB or not.

They could easily put all this NGB nonsense to bed by issuing a statement saying that they recognise the NASRPC as the NGB.

I would have assumed that if someone set up an organisation in a direct challenge to the FAI to say that they were the NGB for soccer here in Ireland, FIFA wouldn't be long about slapping them down if they weren't officially recognised by them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement