Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running your own business - legalities and tax requirements

Options
  • 02-03-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently employed by a company but eventually would like to start my own business. I work for a retail business but of a professional nature. At present I have no exposure about how to run a company (e.g. taxesm employee law etc.)

Are there any courses/resources that could explain all that is required in order to be tax compliant when running a company, tax obligations etc.

i.e. how to go from buying goods to figuring out your net profit at the end of the tax year and ensuring that all is done within the laws of the land.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Go to your local enterprise office and they should have a start your own business course which will cover a lot of the questions you have there.

Going from working for a retail company to running a retail company is a much bigger leap than you imagine so it's good to get as much knowledge on that side of things as possible.

Advertisement