Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTWEA GRANT BANK STATEMENT TAX REG

Options
  • 02-03-2016 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I am on BTWEA trying to apply for grant..Anyone knows why suppliers won't provide detail like tax registration or bank statement(case officer requirement) - I can't buy anything because of that!Is there any other way?
    And why can't I buy tools from UK?or anywhere else but Irl??
    I already tried argos meteor and many other big brands with the same effect it's frustrating..I got price quotation and that's all what i can get so far ..I think she wont accept it(case officer) can't ask her coz she's never in the office:(
    I will be VERY appreciated for advice!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

I can't see any business giving you a bank statement. Tax registration and even tax clearence cert shouldn't be a problem though

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Jane25526 wrote: »
    Hi

I am on BTWEA trying to apply for grant..Anyone knows why suppliers won't provide detail like tax registration or bank statement(case officer requirement) - I can't buy anything because of that!Is there any other way?
    And why can't I buy tools from UK?or anywhere else but Irl??
    I already tried argos meteor and many other big brands with the same effect it's frustrating..I got price quotation and that's all what i can get so far ..I think she wont accept it(case officer) can't ask her coz she's never in the office:(
    I will be VERY appreciated for advice!

Thank you

A friend of mine went on the btwea scheme last year. When he wanted the grant to buy tools all he needed to do was go to 2 suppliers, tell them what he wanted and got a quote off each of them. He wasn't asked to get their bank statements. Any quote will more than likely have the tax/VAT number on it.

He was awarded the grant but it took 2 months to get it so beware. What he did was he bought the tools with a loan, and the grant then went straight to his account. Normally the grant will go to the supplier via bank transfer.

The btwea office will choose the cheapest quote of both so he told me what happened to him.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jane25526

thank's a lot:)

Advertisement