Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

sonic85 wrote: »
    Alexis gone straight down the tunnel no hanging around with teammates

We need like minded people in our team like Sanchez instead we have too many in the Ox, Walcott, Ramsey, Mert molde

Did Gibbs get through an entire match without being bashed? Remember this day, people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not a disappointing result but one that ends our league season again in March. Probably be 8 points adrift tonight.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Fair play to the 10 men. Excellent effort.

Coq killed us we'd have won with comfort, he should be punished for that.

Draws at WHL are fine so result isn't the worse it's the games that preceded that are unacceptable

Its more our intelligence than bottle id call into question to be honest. We aint winning shít this year anyway but at least we denied that crowd 2 points.

Coq is a toolbag and a half. Fine the dope and fine him heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

When they got the second I feared a hammering so fair play to the players. Good result considering but today hasn't cost us the title. Spuds will be sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We did everything right in that game except for 1 thing. I'm looking at you Coquelin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Not a disappointing result but one that ends our league season again in March. Probably be 8 points adrift tonight.

Some bit of dignity restored. It will feel like a loss to Spurs after going 2-1 up.

4th place now our priority, and it's going to be a dog fight to keep that IMO.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did Gibbs get through an entire match without being bashed? Remember this day, people.

He's actually a very good baller and gets a stupidly hard time from some fans. With regard to replacements in the squad, getting him out is one of the least of our concerns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Some bit of dignity restored. It will feel like a loss to Spurs after going 2-1 up.

Another big game against Everton next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We should have done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to land Guardiola before he went to city. Fück all ambition.

• Advertisement

We need like minded people in our team like Sanchez instead we have too many in the Ox, Walcott, Ramsey, Mert molde

Still think he should go over to the fans though and thank them for parting with hard earned dough. Some of our fans follow the team up and down the country and throughout Europe. They deserve acknowledgement.

A winning mentality involves this surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mr.Micro wrote: »

Couldnt care less if we came outside the top four this year tbh. Its the same old.

We should have done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to land Guardiola before he went to city. Fück all ambition.

You for real Guardiola was only ever going to a club that will spend 150m+ every transfer window

I think Simeone would be a better option personally. Creates a good fire and brimstone, us against the world mindset which is what we need. Someone that will drag them out of their comfort zone rather then this namby pamby couldnt be arsed shíte.

Well done Arsene full blame on Coq, he was told at half time and he does that

Public blame and rightfully so

Couldnt care less if we came outside the top four this year tbh. Its the same old.

Yeah if we get it then well and good but the club needs a shake up from the foundations up.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You for real Guardiola was only ever going to a club that will spend 150m+ every transfer window

Bayern transfers since Guardiola

14/15 39million
    15/16 66million

Come off them drugs.

14/15 39million
    15/16 66million

Come off them drugs.

Is that net spend

Still think he should go over to the fans though and thank them for parting with hard earned dough. Some of our fans follow the team up and down the country and throughout Europe. They deserve acknowledgement.

I think them fans will appreciate his anger more he is a born winner

Yes poor from Sanchez. Scores for the first time in months and thinks that gives him the right too be self righteous and bristling with indignation

• Advertisement

Zonal marking has to go look at the position of our lads when the ball drops to their player

6mhQC6h.jpg

Schoolboy teams wouldn't do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Gutted by that, a draw just isn't good enough. In the context it's a decent result given we had to fight back from a goal down with 10 men but it doesn't do anything for our title hopes.

FA cup anyone?? :D

14/15 39million
    15/16 66million

Come off them drugs.

They managed to somehow get a £50m+ player on a free, however :pac:

I think them fans will appreciate his anger more he is a born winner

There is no denying that Wenger has become myopic over time but tbf i did see exactly why he might have been reluctant to give Coquelin a future at Arsenal. Im all on for players with an edge and god knows we have few, but for fúck sake be clever about it.

Simeone for me should be the number one choice. He energises all around him and is almost a twelfth man (or thirteenth if you include the fans)

greendom wrote: »
    Yes poor from Sanchez. Scores for the first time in months and thinks that gives him the right too be self righteous and bristling with indignation

Or maybe he realised that result pretty much ended our chances of winning the league and isn't happy with it, which you can hardly blame him for. Sanchez is a winner who came to us from a club of winners, I'm not surprised at his reaction at all.

Dont get me wrong i think he is a gem of a player when on form but you win and lose as a team.

Coquelin has actually been very controlled over the last year. Complete brain fart today, but I guess that kinda stuff is something they practice in training - especially before big matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

We need a winning mentality but we also need leaders and I personally don't think throwing your toys out of the pram and ****ing off down the tunnel shows either trait. He's been as bad in the last month or so as any other player so he has no right to be moaning about anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Well done Arsene full blame on Coq, he was told at half time and he does that

Public blame and rightfully so

It's a one in three case when either Coq or Flamini get a yellow in the first half that they'll get a red card if they're not subbed off. Way too big of a risk with those two and either one should be taken off early when they're on a card.

• Advertisement

There is no denying that Wenger has become myopic over time but tbf i did see exactly why he might have been reluctant to give Coquelin a future at Arsenal. Im all on for players with an edge and god knows we have few, but for fúck sake be clever about it.

Simeone for me should be the number one choice. He energises all around him and is almost a twelfth man (or thirteenth if you include the fans)

Yeah he's definitely the dream replacement but would he be willing to take a step down to manage us? He's already at one of the better clubs in Europe I imagine it'd be hard to persuade him over to us.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah he's definitely the dream replacement but would he be willing to take a step down to manage us? He's already at one of the better clubs in Europe I imagine it'd be hard to persuade him over to us.

Im sure if we gave him what Wenger is getting he'd take the chance. He'd sicken that Mourinho ape too.

Or maybe he realised that result pretty much ended our chances of winning the league and isn't happy with it, which you can hardly blame him for. Sanchez is a winner who came to us from a club of winners, I'm not surprised at his reaction at all.

I refer you to Tipp_Gunner's response

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Great result giving circumstances

Welbeck and elneny look very very good

Think we're still in it looking at Spurs fixtures, prob Leicester's to loose now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

One other thing, Sanchez should be taken off corners with immediate effect, rarely beats the first man

He hasnt exactly shot the lights out recently. Giroud gets a rough ride but both himself and Danny have contributed more then Sanchez the last few weeks.

Yes on form himself and Ozil are streets ahead of the rest and along with Cech are the three world class players we have. Still doesn't excuse his petulance today. Every player should thank the supporters efforts regardless. God knows they are being paid enough.

• Advertisement

Great result giving circumstances

Welbeck and elneny look very very good

Think we're still in it looking at Spurs fixtures, prob Leicester's to loose now

If we manage to put a bit of form together we can still win this. Plenty of energy out there today. Really good to see.

If we manage to put a bit of form together we can still win this. Plenty of energy out there today. Really good to see.

Look at Spurs April there dripping points there

If Sanchez gets form after that goal today, you just never no

Elneny his first NLD thought he was brilliant

Regardless of our final league position i think its high time for the manager to go but some of those players should fall with him. Another cluster of dead wood to clear out and we thought we'd seen the last of the rubbish during the summer of 2013.

Look at Spurs April there dripping points there

If Sanchez gets form after that goal today, you just never no

Leicester are the real problem not Spurs right now they could be 8 pts ahead tonight

• Advertisement

Regardless of our final league position i think its high time for the manager to go but some of those players should fall with him. Another cluster of dead wood to clear out and we thought we'd seen the last of the rubbish during the summer of 2013.

Im sure new manager will go that anyway

Wenger deserves a bit of credit today. Lord knows he's deserved the recent flak but today he got his team selection right and managed to instill some belief back into the team.

Leicester are the real problem not Spurs right now they could be 8 pts ahead tonight

Two posts up I said Leicester's to loose now I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The only positive to take from todays game is that we didn't get beat, still disappointed with the way we bottle everything under Wenger.

Why didn't we play like that agaisn't sides like Utd and Swansea, this wouldn't have been a bad result if we won the last two games.
    I might be the only one not that happy with the result cause this league we should be winning instead of been happy to get 4th all the time. Maybe my expectations are bigger then some on here but this results disappoints me more then any other cause we should have been playing like this for weeks.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Is that net spend

No that's money spent. I think one season they spent net 3 million and the other they made about 20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wenger deserves a bit of credit today. Lord knows he's deserved the recent flak but today he got his team selection right and managed to instill some belief back into the team.

But he couldn't get the belief up for the games agaisn't Utd and Swansea. Come on he deserves all the flak he gets, just cause we drew with this lot doesn't me I be kissing his ass. Still want him gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Watford outplayed Utd at Old Trafford during the week so if Leicester can go and beat them convincingly away they will be strong favourites for the title.

I'd still have Spurs and Arsenal as favourites above them but today could be a turning point after watching too many Arsenal players playing poorly and simply not caring and Spurs being made look decidedly average at times by those same players.

Looper007 wrote: »
    The only positive to take from todays game is that we didn't get beat, still disappointed with the way we bottle everything under Wenger.

Why didn't we play like that agaisn't sides like Utd and Swansea, this wouldn't have been a bad result if we won the last two games.
    I might be the only one not that happy with the result cause this league we should be winning instead of been happy to get 4th all the time. Maybe my expectations are bigger then some on here but this results disappoints me more then any other cause we should have been playing like this for weeks.

I don't think anyone is 'happy' with the result, or getting 4th every year.

Looper007 wrote: »
    But he couldn't get the belief up for the games agaisn't Utd and Swansea. Come on he deserves all the flak he gets, just cause we drew with this lot doesn't me I be kissing his ass. Still want him gone.

I've said he deserves the flak. Deserves credit today though. If Coquelin had been less rash and/or the ref a little more impartial that would have been a deserved win.

Agree today wasn't his worse day. His tactics from the off were good and it wud have delivered 3pts if not for Coq.

In fairness to him also he was straight up in the post match also.

The problem is he hasn't assembled a good enough squad, he fcuked up in the summer and is paying for it now, too many weak minded players with low levels if winning mentality.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement