Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice to see a transfer in the bag already, never heard of the guy before he was linked to Arsenal but I'm sure he will solve all-the problems. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/733999715415666688

Reliable enough follow. If we dont get a CB, Id be gutted but think we would have to go with Kos - Chambers to start the season.

We won't get a starting CB. No way.

Maybe a kid but Kos and Gab are our starting pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gosplan wrote: »

Not too sure they are suited to play together. Reminds me of the Kos - TV5 partnership. Id go with Chambers and let Gabriel be Kos' eventual replacement.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/733999715415666688

Reliable enough follow. If we dont get a CB, Id be gutted but think we would have to go with Kos - Chambers to start the season.

I wouldn't have a problem with Chambers being given a chance. He really got thrown in the deep end after he joined the club, but has looked really composed the last few times I've seen him play.

Coquelin taking the #8 shirt :o

Interesting.

And supposedly Sanchez taking the 7 from Rosicky, Cech going to 1 (he just turned 34 and that's Xhaka's number :D)

https://twitter.com/CheValon1/status/733995591752163328

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Starting to get excited about our potential line up next season. The cycle continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »

I'm not at all convinced by Gabriel so far.
    He could turn out to be a great player but he seems a bit rash and clumsy at the minute. Mert i'm entirely nervous about on an ongoing basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Maybe Ozil will get 10 now, as the number changes continue :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

astonaidan wrote: »
    Maybe Ozil will get 10 now, as the number changes continue :pac:

NO!!
    Thats Jackie boys!!

I'm not at all convinced by Gabriel so far.
    He could turn out to be a great player but he seems a bit rash and clumsy at the minute. Mert i'm entirely nervous about on an ongoing basis.

Yeah. The mistakes Gab makes though remind me of Kos when he joined. Loads of people said his basic decision making and defending wasn't good enough for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    NO!!
    Thats Jackie boys!!

No, it's Gallas' number. We should have retired it to pay homage to our best-ever No. 10 after he moved to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Obviously a done deal

Screenshot_20160521-155750_zps3v1gojdf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Obviously a done deal

Screenshot_20160521-155750_zps3v1gojdf.png

In other news, Hitler's army has invaded Poland!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

emmetlego wrote: »
    In other news, Hitler's army has invaded Poland!!! :-)

Haha i really should be looking over previous pages

I love it.

This is already more exciting than last summer and we're 100% getting a striker.

The guy who insisted on Twitter that we had Xhaka in the bag 3 months ago, is also stating that we are chasing Higuain... Now THAT would make me smile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I bet whoever took those pics won't be welcome to the training ground again!

Great start to the transfer window. Keep up the good work Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I read that his girlfriend took the photo's and they got out, the club are not too happy about it

https://twitter.com/piresrobert7/status/734039082767122432

Let's hope he's more like Pires and less like Theo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Genuinely surprised at the swiftness of the signing. Delighted.

4 more please.

(though I'd be content with just a striker)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, those pictures are all well and good, but I'll have to see something official before i get all excited.

Altough i already can't wait for next season. :D

Has the makings of a good signing but if we want to sort midfield out we need to change the system rather than get more players.

The guy who insisted on Twitter that we had Xhaka in the bag 3 months ago, is also stating that we are chasing Higuain... Now THAT would make me smile!

I can't see a better option.

Possibly Abumeyang but apart from that no-one else that will come in and do the business from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd take Higuain over Abumeyang any day of the week.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd take Higuain over Abumeyang any day of the week.

Augembenyang is a bit younger and a lot quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

greendom wrote: »
    Augembenyang is a bit younger and a lot quicker

Only reason I'd rate Higuain higher is he's playing in a much harder league to score in than Aubameyang but is still scoring for the fun of it

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Only reason I'd rate Higuain higher is he's playing in a much harder league to score in than Aubameyang but is still scoring for the fun of it

There's no telling how players will adapt to the English game though. The German style is probably closers compared to the Italian football

Zelalem weathered a few heavy challenges today in the SFA Cup final. If he was playing for us he'd probably be ruled out for 6 months :D

wonga77 wrote: »
    I read that his girlfriend took the photo's and they got out, the club are not too happy about it

Shame on her for failing to keep the worlds worst kept secret :p

Even Wenger couldn't keep a straight face when probed a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If we signed Higuain ....well I think he'd be the final piece in the puzzle

If we signed Higuain ....well I think he'd be the final piece in the puzzle

Which puzzle is that? Is that the midfield and strikers but definitely not defenders puzzle?

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Watching the cup final here.

We'd hammer either of these showers of donkeys.

Of course, we'd then do something stupid to f*ck it all up, but the point is these are all crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Which puzzle is that? Is that the midfield and strikers but definitely not defenders puzzle?

You don't need a perfect team to win the league, far from it.

If it turns out we have signed this Xhaka fella, and then he dominates at the Euros for a few games before getting injured and ruled out for 9 months, I'm officially giving up on football altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Higuan is so 4 years ago. Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

JustTheOne wrote: »

:confused:

36 goals in 35 appearances in the league this year says otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Best striker in Serie A and probably the best striker in the world last year.

Yes.. I know Suarez was unreal but he had a ridiculous team behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I mean we had a chance to sign him in his prime but we penny pinched.

Alonso style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

A striker who just beat the Serie A goals in a season record is meh? Jaysis, who do you want? Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A striker who just beat the Serie A goals in a season record is meh?

Did you see the goal he scored to break the record? What a finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

The more I think about It, we need a world class winger, let's say we sign a CB and CF then the only position we'd be lacking serious quality would be on whichever wing Sanchez doesn't play on. Walcott/Campbell/Iwobi/Chamberlain/Ramsey don't cut It for me.

The more I think about It, we need a world class winger, let's say we sign a CB and CF then the only position we'd be lacking serious quality would be on whichever wing Sanchez doesn't play on. Walcott/Campbell/Iwobi/Chamberlain/Ramsey don't cut It for me.

Arsene traditionally doesn't do that though, he often uses the 'industrial' type winger when he has such creative quality on the opposite wing. Not saying it's the right thing to do, just saying what he does.

It's the top quality forward striker that is the most glaring for me. I mean, somebody who'll convert 20% more than Giroud and we'd have won the league (not a mathematical fact, pure speculation!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If we have a midfield with Coq and Xhaka (a player who can turn defence into attack in a second and is both a destroyer and ball player) our defence would be well protected I'd agree Id love another world class CB beside Kos but that we can get by without if we nail down a striker who can score 20+ goals a season

And man does it sicken me to see someone else lift our cup especially them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Arsene traditionally doesn't do that though, he often uses the 'industrial' type winger when he has such creative quality on the opposite wing. Not saying it's the right thing to do, just saying what he does.

It's the top quality forward striker that is the most glaring for me. I mean, somebody who'll convert 20% more than Giroud and we'd have won the league (not a mathematical fact, pure speculation!!!)

I'm very much aware :( mind boggling considering how amazing we were and how many goals came from the wings when It was Ljungberg and Pires out there.

I guess because our core Isn't solid and our full backs are so attack minded he feels we can't afford to have two fully attack minded wingers.

I of course want a CF and CB much more than a winger too but I was just thinking of a line up for next year and If we bought Godin and Higuain (I know, I know) for example I would be 100% happy with the starting player In all of our positions bar RW.

I would even say put Danny on the wing Instead of our current options If he wasn't Injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well it looks like the FA Cup is a big trophy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you lot sign Xahka? :( I really wanted to see him at Liverpool :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

keano_afc wrote: »
    Well it looks like the FA Cup is a big trophy again.

Yeah thought that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

It'll be Xhaka Elneny Ozil for me.
    I just think Elneny is an all round better player than Coq

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Are you forgetting we went to old Trafford and Marcus Rashford took us to school? We really aren't all that tbh.

As for new signings, I'll get excited about them when the results are achieved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jose going to United...next season is going to be interesting!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement