Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sums that club up. Could have let Van Gaal enjoy his night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep real classy alright. I don't like Van Gaal but they could have let him have his moment before they cut his throat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gandalf wrote: »
    Yep real classy alright. I don't like Van Gaal but they could have let him have his moment before they cut his throat!

It appears the story was leaked by Jose's agents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Just another scum club now in my eyes

It appears the story was leaked by Jose's agents.

Well we already know about Joses character. I have a feeling he could destroy them from within.

Well we already know about Joses character. I have a feeling he could destroy them from within.

Hopefully.
    He's a great manager but lacks class.
    The way he treated that lady doctor was a disgrace and i hope it comes back to bite him in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Utd selling all their integrity and class down the swanny after a couple of bad seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Utd selling all their integrity and class down the swanny after a couple of bad seasons

I've missed really hating Utd these past few seasons. It will be nice to get that feeling back

In fairness to Van Gaal for all of his faults he was great to give youth team products like Lindgard, Borthwick-Jackson and Rashford their chance and they've delivered in a sense. Just as it is perhaps is starting to click, they hit the panic button. The up and coming youth team youngsters would be better to request a transfer now because Mourinho wont even consider playing them. He doesnt give a fúck about the custodianship of the club. He is a self-serving meglomaniac who is only interested in his own glory. It will all end in tears. I cant wait.....grab the popcorn folks.

• Advertisement

Hopefully.
    He's a great manager but lacks class.
    The way he treated that lady doctor was a disgrace and i hope it comes back to bite him in the arse.

I cant imagine United will appreciate his constant self back patting. As far as the likes of Ferguson are concerned he is merely the next man to hold the baton whereas Jose himself thinks he is god almighty.

I also believe that the way Eva Carneiro and John Fearn were treated could prove a watershed moment in the management career of Mourinho. Say what you like about the modern day footballer but they do build rapports with the non playing staff in the background. I cant imagine any other footballer will have been impressed with his antics.

Jaysus why did I bother posting in the United thread. Their fans are like a lad who was on a long barren spell boasting about shagging an ugly granny because they have broken their duck ;)

* then again their players have form for that :D

Jaysus why did I bother posting in the United thread. Their fans are like a lad who was on a long barren spell boasting about shagging an ugly granny because they have broken their duck ;)

* then again their players have form for that :D

Ill give them their due they showed great character with ten men deep into extra time. Palace had the boot on their throat at that stage. On several occasions we have fallen asunder with eleven during normal time and then we are reminded of the great character of this squad by our manager. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As much as I dislike Jose and Utd, let's be realistic this could end up very well for them.

With Jose in charge there more likely to win a league than us in the next 3 years but at least we'll have class............ and morals and no trophies

United are a great club so it's not nice to see them appoint someone who's so classless. I'll just sit back now and wait until they realise just how classless he actually is.

Soups123 wrote: »
    As much as I dislike Jose and Utd, let's be realistic this could end up very well for them.

With Jose in charge
    there more likely to win a league than us in the next 3 years but at least we'll have class............ and morals and no trophies

I dunno, this could go all Falcao for them i reckon.

• Advertisement

Back to the football lads.
    I thought Bolasie had a great game for Palace today, very busy and posed a threat all game. Nice player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

United are a great club so it's not nice to see them appoint someone who's so classless. I'll just sit back now and wait until they realise just how classless he actually is.

Oh only Arsenal fans have noticed that?

Back to the football lads.
    I thought Bolasie had a great game for Palace today, very busy and posed a threat all game. Nice player.

Very underrated player for Palace is Mike Jedinak. One of the best defensive midfielder's in the league. Does a great job protecting his back four and not afraid to take his yellows. Great leader too. Surprised none of the bigger clubs ever made a move for him tbh.

The one upside is Mata might be available now though. He can play on the wing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you lot sign Xahka? :( I really wanted to see him at Liverpool :(

Well it looks like football's equivalent of food poisoning is on his way to Old Trafford.

Luckily, your manager officially owns him in head to head, and you'll have several million extra fans at least two days next season.

Not the season after that, because he won't last that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

They did realise, when he was at Chelsea. Then they wanted him themselves, and suddenly he's not classless. Such is football, fans are fickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Jose Mourinho, rather him there than us. The timing is all wrong, at least let LVG enjoy his victory in a cup final ffs. Could have easily announced it next week, if it's Mourinhos camp leaking it now of all times, well then it just confirms what a classless prick Mourinho is, wouldn't want that turd anywhere near Arsenal.

They did realise, when he was at Chelsea. Then they wanted him themselves, and suddenly he's not classless. Such is football, fans are fickle.

He is classless. Personally, I don't give a f*ck if he is winning. I'm sure most United fans would feel the same.
    Where are you getting this narrative that we all suddenly changed our minds and don't think he's classless anymore? Your own head?

well then it just confirms what a classless prick Mourinho is, wouldn't want that turd anywhere near Arsenal.

You sound like a really classy guy yourself :rolleyes:

You sound like a really classy guy yourself :rolleyes:

Never claimed I was Fred. LVG wins your first trophy in 3 seasons, but yet the back pages will be dominated by Jose! Classy.

Never claimed I was Fred. LVG wins your first trophy in 3 seasons, but yet the back pages will be dominated by Jose! Classy.

And who's fault is that? The announcement hasn't come from United. Did you expect United to hang on to him on the strength of one game where they needed extra time to beat a 15th place club?

And who's fault is that? The announcement hasn't come from United. Did you expect United to hang on to him on the strength of one game where they needed extra time to beat a 15th place club?

Think its a bit harsh to criticise him for not running away with the final. City for example lost to an almost relegated Wigan in 2013, Arsenal nearly blew it against Hull. Cup finals take on a life of their own. At the end of the day a trophy is a trophy.

Think its a bit harsh to criticise him for not running away with the final. City for example lost to an almost relegated Wigan in 2013, Arsenal nearly blew it against Hull. Cup finals take on a life of their own. At the end of the day a trophy is a trophy.

A win is a win. Just reinforcing my point. Had it been Arsenal or City I would be saying the same thing.
    He was going before the game. Basing the decision on a one off cup game in May and disregarding the whole 2 years would be quite ridiculous yeah?

Errr it's either a leak by United or a leak coming from the new United Managers camp. Either way it represents the new regime taking effect at Old Trafford. I have no love for Ferguson but he did have standards and he certainly wouldn't have stooped to the level of some of the behaviour we have seen from JM in Chelsea and other clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

What's this got to do with Arsenal???

• Advertisement

Errr it's either a leak by United or a leak coming from the new United Managers camp. Either way it represents the new regime taking effect at Old Trafford. I have no love for Ferguson but he did have standards and he certainly wouldn't have stooped to the level of some of the behaviour we have seen from JM in Chelsea and other clubs.

It's a leak from Mendes apparently. Your friend seemed to be directing the "classy" comment at United.

mansize wrote: »

That's what I was wondering...

Wenger hasn't beaten Mourinho in the league yet, so it has all to do with us. #joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Leaked by his agent Mendes which sounds about right, Mourinho is trending on the twitter machine so I guess thats mission accomplished for today

AFAIK we are allowed discuss the management of our rivals if we want to

AFAIK there is thread where this appointment is being discussed

You're not the thread police!

So is Xhaka deal done?

So is Xhaka deal done?

You know it isn't :D

So is Xhaka deal done?

Yep everything bar the official announcement by the club.

• Advertisement

His gf told me it was solid

"We want to attack.
    We want to attaaack
    We're Man United.
    We want to attack."

He, good luck with that sweethearts. Unless you mean attack decent people in press conferences, you're gonna be disappointed.

Luckily it will only be short term.

Yep everything bar the official announcement by the club.

So no, then. :(

So is Xhaka deal done?

Have Puma unveiled the New Jersey officially yet? I'd assume they will announce that before unveiling Xhaka? Seeing how he's clearly there, wearing the new kit.

His gf is a pretty thing
    He has a certain roguish quality too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jose with a decent squad and 300m+ to spend is a worry.

Though there are a few players he'll move on first.

• Advertisement

Rumour mill kicking into gear:

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/oxlade-chamberlain-linked-with-leicester/

Ox to Leicester, Mahrez to us.

Just kidding.....Ox to Leicester, Mane from S'ton to us.

Personally, don't think any of it has a chance of happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Well united have just got morinho and i was one of the people here who wanted him at arsenal so that we can finally start competing at the very top and win major trophies like the league and CL.

expect united to win the league next year or put up a far better fight then us

Well united have just got morinho and i was one of the people here who wanted him at arsenal so that we can finally start competing at the very top and win major trophies like the league and CL.

You really are a ray of sunshine.

If Mourinho is true to form, they will do OK next year, win the year after, then the club will crash and burn the year after that.

Next year, the title is ours :D

I'm actually intrigued to see how he goes with overhauling the squad at United. I expect Mata to be straight out the door, but also wonder what impact that will have if he's a popular squad member. Should be interesting.

Id pretty much agree with that, in the short term he'll most likely bring them success but at what cost? I never thought that the likes of Bobby Charlton would agree with him coming to Utd as they are such a proud club. I can see why they wanted LVG out but leaking the news yesterday and not leaving him have his day was very distasteful imo.
    It will be very interesting to see what happens to Mata, he's a very popular player at the club so Id say Jose will keep him around.
    Im a big critic of Wenger at times but I would be sickened if Mourinho ever came to our club, tacky, ungracious and the sideshow that goes with him would far outweigh any short term success he would bring

Nonetheless next season will be very very interesting, Pep at City, Jose at Utd, Chelsea to be back in the frame with Conte, Arsenal showing some early signs in the transfer market and Klopp will have a summer to buy in and ship out.

Or he'll cause a split down the middle of the dressing room and treat the non playing staff like shìt. Mourinho is poison. Fair enough looking for any other coach over Wenger because I personally think Wenger has gone as far as he can with Arsenal but I cannot fathom why anyone would want this scrote at the club. There are other managers who would do as good a job and wouldn't leave a mess

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement