Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I'll be careful what I say and how I say it, I got a yellow card the last time I described what I felt Mourinho was... In fairness, the mod was spot on, but it doesn't change how I view the man. Any club he's been at, he brought success, but if Utd want a certain style of football, they won't get it with him in charge.

In the long run, he will damage Utd and I imagine the fact his agent put that story out only hours after the Fa cup win speaks volumes about the man that is Jose. I despise everything he stands for and he is probably the most unsporting manager ever in the BPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Well united have just got morinho and i was one of the people here who wanted him at arsenal so that we can finally start competing at the very top and win major trophies like the league and CL.

expect united to win the league next year or put up a far better fight then us

Or he'll cause a split down the middle of the dressing room and treat the non playing staff like sh t. Mourinho is poison. Fair enough looking for any other coach over Wenger because I personally think Wenger has gone as far as he can with Arsenal but I cannot fathom why anyone would want this scrote at the club. There are other managers who would do as good a job and wouldn't leave a mess
    like who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It really sickens my hole that we'll have to put up with all Mourinho's antics again!!! Gotten rid of him and all his nonsense twice already. Bad smell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

L'prof wrote: »
    It really sickens my hole that we'll have to put up with all Mourinho's antics again!!! Gotten rid of him and all his nonsense twice already. Bad smell!

It will be very different this time. He won't be able to buy trophies this time - don't forget he's never actually won anything in England in any real sense - and he will have too many good managers all wanting to take him down.

His classless arrogance is only tolerated when he's winning. It will become tiresome for his employers even more quickly this time, and I'm quite excited about watching him crash and burn again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

L'prof wrote: »

wenger, pep, ranieri, benitez probably, he'll not know where to start :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Jaysus lads yous are taking this Mourinho thing fierce bad :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    - don't forget he's never actually won anything in England in any real sense.

lol what?

Jaysus lads yous are taking this Mourinho thing fierce bad :pac: :pac: :pac:

Bad? I think it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It will be very different this time. He won't be able to buy trophies this time - don't forget he's never actually won anything in England in any real sense - and he will have too many good managers all wanting to take him down.

His classless arrogance is only tolerated when he's winning. It will become tiresome for his employers even more quickly this time, and I'm quite excited about watching him crash and burn again.

Why won't he be able to buy trophies again? United are insanely rich he could probably sign anyone.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Why won't he be able to buy trophies again? United are insanely rich he could probably sign anyone.

Because he'll have several teams, even more insanely wealthy teams, doing the same thing. Both Pep and Chelsea will be blasting cash left right and centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Genuine question here, not trolling or anything, but just thinking about this this morning.

Leaving aside the many documented classless acts of Jose, but it seems that all the other 'top' teams have made significant changes either coming to the end of this year or during last season.

Liverpool have Klopp, City have Pep, Chelsea have Conte, Spurs already have Poch.

Should Arsenal not be looking at making big changes as well. Doesn't mean Wenger necessarily, but a big investment in the squad is required I would have thought

Johner wrote: »
    lol what?

If you think Chelsea have done anything other than simply buy up silverware for the past 12 years, your misunderstanding the situation.

Remember Di Matteo "won" the Champion's League with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Because he'll have several teams, even more insanely wealthy teams, doing the same thing. Both Pep and Chelsea will be blasting cash left right and centre.

Ron Baron who bought over $200 million of United when it floated on the NYSE, has said by 2020, United will be valued at $6 billion with free cash flow of between $400 million and $500 million a year, which is between £275 million and £345 million of free cash a year.
    United's revenues are already over £500 million a year before next season's TV cash injection.
    United can compete with anyone when it comes to money. Location is the bigger issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Basil3 wrote: »
    Bad? I think it's great.

Me too.

Wenger has a chance to put his Mourinho record right and getting the better of Utd while he's at it. Looking forward to it already.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ron Baron who bought over $200 million of United when it floated on the NYSE, has said by 2020, United will be valued at $6 billion with free cash flow of between $400 million and $500 million a year, which is between £275 million and £345 million of free cash a year.
    United's revenues are already over £500 million a year before next season's TV cash injection.
    United can compete with anyone when it comes to money. Location is the bigger issue...

Yep, and lack of top level football, at present. Players have to believe that United will be back in the Champion's League soon. They've invested a lot so far, and it's still far from guaranteed.

Next season should be tasty, anyway.

RobertKK wrote: »

What I'm saying is it's a different landscape now, so there are several teams with megabucks.

Unlike when Roman turned up first when literally no one could compete with the spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Strong rumours that the next target is Benatia.
    15m is the figure quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

greendom wrote: »

Was just going to post that myself. He's quite injury prone but when he's fit he's a fantastic defender. €15 Million is also a steal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GFFN/status/734402944968368129

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If you think Chelsea have done anything other than simply buy up silverware for the past 12 years, your misunderstanding the situation.

Remember Di Matteo "won" the Champion's League with them?

If it was that easy then why haven't Chelsea won it more times? Mourinho has managed them to 3 out of the 4 premier league titles they've won. To say he's never actually won anything in England in any real sense is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Was just going to post that myself. He's quite injury prone but when he's fit he's a fantastic defender. €15 Million is also a steal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GFFN/status/734402944968368129

Is this a dream or has wenger finally grown some balls in the transfer window be benatia would be a super signing

Is this a dream or has wenger finally grown some balls in the transfer window be benatia would be a super signing

He probably knows that if next season goes tits up like this season he'll have no time left on his contract to fall back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »

I don't buy this one I think.

An injury prone 29 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

gosplan wrote: »
    I don't buy this one I think.

An injury prone 29 year old.

He's perfect!

omega man wrote: »
    Me too.

Wenger has a chance to put his Mourinho record right and getting the better of Utd while he's at it. Looking forward to it already.

He won't let's be honest.
    Wenger is finished. By right he should only be keeping the seat warm for his successor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mourinho to United is a good thing for us. We couldn't beat United no matter how bad they were, and we couldn't beat Mourinho no matter how bad his team was. This used to cost us 4 games a year. With Mourinho at United it'll only cost us 2. Excellent.

Plus, in the last season, I was actually feeling sorry for United fans for how far they have fallen, but with Mourinho at the helm again, my hatred for the club and everything that goes with it, will be freshly renewed, and maybe even stronger than ever. Fergie was hateful, but at least I could respect him.

• Advertisement

like who?

Simeone? Koeman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's nice apart from that stupid stripe down the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I like the first comment:
    £71, does it come with the player?

God bless Aliexpress

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

€92 for a jersey is crazy, The Chelsea shirt for next season is €120. I wouldnt mind but these things are manufactured for feck all in Asia.
    They are only prompting people to buy from the likes of aliexpress

It says £55 on the page I'm looking at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Stupid stripe is stupid

Anyone who pays full price for a jersey is mad!
    You can pick up a replica online for €15 and you won't tell the difference.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone who pays full price for a jersey is mad!
    You can pick up a replica online for €15 and you won't tell the difference.

Cough cough... PM link please!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Cough cough... PM link please!!! :-)
    *COUGH* I'd like some of that action also * COUGH*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Complete speculation obviously, and people are divided on Wilshere so replace with Carzola/Ramsey whatever but this looks like a pretty slick line up http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=b109

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That is a team that really would challenge, should they stay fit, IMO

Pter wrote: »
    That is a team that really would challenge, should they stay fit, IMO

That team, (If It actually existed) would be capable of winning the CL and would probably demolish most teams In the PL. This would be the 2nd string team, http://lineupbuilder.com/2014/custom/?sk=b10c plus Elneny,Mert,Walcott?,Chambo etc.

Only problem Is trying to sign Higuain,Mane and Benatia. Which could prove difficult :pac:

Edit: Iwobi, not Sanchez In the 2nd string.

• Advertisement

I think we have a chance at Benatia - Mane too if we just pay the going rate.

Higuain....would be great - i just dont know if the appetite is within the club to pay the price that may be asked.

We have bought amazing players recently, but only because the players' circumstances reduced their price (Ozil and Sanchez both being pushed out to one degree or another).Higuain seems happy in Napoli - so while we could get him, the price would be inflated as the player doesnt necessarily want away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

PSG are after Higuain apparently

I don't think we should be In a position where money Is an issue, we should be able to splash 60-70-80 Mill on Higuain/Muller/Benzema. Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't think we should be In a position where money Is an issue, we should be able to splash 60-70-80 Mill on Higuain/Muller/Benzema. Right?
    Mullers a pipe dream, this isn't the sort of man that leaves Bayern:

454412658-thomas-mueller-of-bayern-muenchen-arrives-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXEaSc47HdUzhWpl4J15fVAGP9aLvH61MYX3%2BJIvbXBZS60NdJR3FU5lFHnRJWheSw%3D%3D

454412658-thomas-mueller-of-bayern-muenchen-arrives-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXEaSc47HdUzhWpl4J15fVAGP9aLvH61MYX3%2BJIvbXBZS60NdJR3FU5lFHnRJWheSw%3D%3D

Haha, very true, just giving him as an example, maybe we could frame him for some disgusting crime against Munich...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

We should be able but we won't . I'd be expecting someone more of Lacazette's calibre than those mentioned above

Able, yes. Willing, not so sure.

Same could have been said for schweinsteiger. Its unlikely he will leave but not unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

domrush wrote: »
    We should be able but we won't . I'd be expecting someone more of Lacazette's calibre than those mentioned above

I'd be happy enough with Lacazette tbh, I reckon he's going to be a great player and would fit in well with Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Same could have been said for schweinsteiger. Its unlikely he will leave but not unbelievable

Schweinsteiger was past his best and no longer required. The same can't be said of Müller who's only getting better right now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement