Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ye are dreaming if ye think the club are going to go about signing 3-4 starters. Id say Xhaka and 1 more potential starter (not sure which position) and maybe another 2 or so squad fillers. If we've learned nothing else from Wenger down the years its that he doesnt like to unsettle things too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

@Mr Blobby I'd like that link too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ye are dreaming if ye think the club are going to go about signing 3-4 starters. Id say Xhaka and 1 more potential starter (not sure which position) and maybe another 2 or so squad fillers. If we've learned nothing else from Wenger down the years its that he doesnt like to unsettle things too much

Yes. Yes we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Has Wenger been stealth sacked? It says his Arsenal tenure was 1996-2016. :eek:

CjDUQvpWEAUDDBx.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Van Gaal taking the reigns at Arsenal :pac:

• Advertisement

Van Gaal taking the reigns at Arsenal :pac:

Or Mourinho! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Where does it state this?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Where does it state this?

Middle right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Wouldn't want either.
    Not even sure if I like Simone's style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Either way, they should have used this as the picture :pac:;

1415036689826_Image_galleryImage_Arsene_Wenger_Arsenal_Man.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I've said it before, but this should be Wengers inevitable statue.

arsene_wenger_1471961c.jpg

Magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Magnificent.

That's my actual Twitter profile pic :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Either way, they should have used this as the picture :pac:;

1415036689826_Image_galleryImage_Arsene_Wenger_Arsenal_Man.JPG

He's like a big caterpillar in that coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Looks like a pitch with a short fence around it. Thought it was meant to be a stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Magnificent.

His statue will be him struggling with a zip

Looks like a pitch with a short fence around it. Thought it was meant to be a stadium.

It has a capacity of 500 so 'stadium' might be a little generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone who pays full price for a jersey is mad!
    You can pick up a replica online for €15 and you won't tell the difference.

Probably made by some 10 year old kid so personally I'd stay clear. Not saying the "reputable" manufactures are angels but it's something worth considering when buying those replica jerseys. Just saying....

omega man wrote: »
    Probably made by some 10 year old kid so personally I'd stay clear. Not saying the "reputable" manufactures are angels but it's something worth considering when buying those replica jerseys. Just saying....

What is the point of buying a dodgy replica? It's not supporting the club in any way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mansize wrote: »
    What is the point of buying a dodgy replica? It's not supporting the club in any way

Apart from being a free walking billboard for Emirates or whoever it is these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

omega man wrote: »

You can say that about practically any clothing product made out of Asia. Pretty much ever jersey manufacturer have been accused of sweat shop labor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Apart from being a free walking billboard for Emirates or whoever it is these days.

Nothing dodgy about them.
    You'd find it very difficult to spot any differences and in some cases there isn't any.

Also the club make €0 from me paying €80 for a jersey. All the money goes to Puma.
    I have loads of kits since there handy for playing 5 aside and going to the gym in.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Nothing dodgy about them.
    You'd find it very difficult to spot any differences and in some cases there isn't any.

Also the club make €0 from me paying €80 for a jersey. All the money goes to Puma.
    I have loads of kits since there handy for playing 5 aside and going to the gym in.

The club do make money from jersey sales from image copyright from the crest etc

Of corse they are dodgy, they wouldn't be cheap otherwise! all all VAT and customs paid on them?

and the huge money from the manufacturer also.

If the manufacturer aint getting the return the deal is cancelled pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

My sister was travelling home from Aus last year and she picked up the away jersey for me and the home jersey for the brother in a stall somewhere in thailand or some such place. Its flawless, even comparing it side by side with a genuine shirt bought in the shop here. She paid something like €10 for the 2 of them. There must be a crazy upmark on them for puma cause they certainly aint paying €5 per shirt

and the huge money from the manufacturer also.

If the manufacturer aint getting the return the deal is cancelled pretty quickly.

Pump won't be cancelling nothing. Arsenal is the largest deal the company has ever made.

Regardless, I won't be giving Arsenal a single cent until the manager has moved on.

Between dodgy sky digi and jerseys, Arsene is saving me a fair few quid every year.

Pump won't be cancelling nothing. Arsenal is the largest deal the company has ever made.

Regardless, I won't be giving Arsenal a single cent until the manager has moved on.

Between dodgy sky digi and jerseys, Arsene is saving me a fair few quid every year.

I suspect when Arsene moves on, you're not going to start paying full price for official shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

From looking at a few youtube highlight vids it seems Xhaka has a real rocket of a shot and is more than willing to shoot from range, something that much of our midfield seem to consider sacrelige

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

domrush wrote: »
    From looking at a few youtube highlight vids it seems Xhaka has a real rocket of a shot and is more than willing to shoot from range, something that much of our midfield seem to consider sacrelige

we all said that to el neny but recently he stopped shooting outside the box due to wenger i guess :L :L :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Looks like he can bang in the free kicks too, some left foot on him

• Advertisement

He's got 8 goals In 148 games. He's not a goal scorer It's not what he does, strange that people are talking about that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He's got 8 goals In 148 games. He's not a goal scorer It's not what he does, strange that people are talking about that??

He's just scored a few crackers calm down ken :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm going to make a youtube reel of me playing 5-a-side to prove a point.

It will feature some amazing long shots, fantastic finishes, no-look passes, flicks around the corner and all that.

'he's just what we need" they'll say

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    He's just scored a few crackers calm down ken :D

I am calm :confused: Just strange that that's the talking point. Flamini has scored a few crackers too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why is Xhaka not confirmed yet? Making me worry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Why is Xhaka not confirmed yet? Making me worry again.

John Cross from the Mirror said 48 hours for official confirmation yesterday evening as far as I remember. So I'd say tomorrow will be the day...

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I suspect when Arsene moves on, you're not going to start paying full price for official shirts.

You are almost correct but you have it the wrong way around. Can't see myself buying a Sky subscription again.
    A jersey, yeah definitely.

Would start going back to games too.

Reports from Italian journalists this morning that we have bid 45 million for Morata... I'm dubious on the reports in the first place of course, but also on Morata. I mean, his numbers aren't great, are they?? Would he be the upgrade on Giroud that we all crave?? I'm not so sure

emmetlego wrote: »
    Reports from Italian journalists this morning that we have bid 45 million for Morata... I'm dubious on the reports in the first place of course, but also on Morata. I mean, his numbers aren't great, are they?? Would he be the upgrade on Giroud that we all crave?? I'm not so sure

That bid presumably made to Madrid, who will more than likely buy him back this summer and sell him on. So no idea how Italian journo's would get wind of that first.

He had a great season last year, not so much this year. Would think of him as WC in waiting, though. You are right though, his stats in his senior career are around 1 goal every 4 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pter wrote: »
    That bid presumably made to Madrid, who will more than likely buy him back this summer and sell him on. So no idea how Italian journo's would get wind of that first.

He had a great season last year, not so much this year. Would think of him as WC in waiting, though. You are right though, his stats in his senior career are around 1 goal every 4 matches.
    He's definitely not what we need. He's more frustrating than Giroud to watch. Can turn it on for some games and go totally missing in others. Definitely not what Wenger needs to save his career at Arsenal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Quazzie wrote: »
    He's definitely not what we need. He's more frustrating than Giroud to watch. Can turn it on for some games and go totally missing in others. Definitely not what Wenger needs to save his career at Arsenal

If we're bidding 45 million on mere potential, how much would the finished article be?

It's disappointing, but I think Arsene will continue to buy for the future of the club, rather than the present.

• Advertisement

Unless Wenger can rediscover his magic for converting potential into genuine WC players, he has to spend 70/80 million for the WC striker we crave. Morata is being touted at 45 for a reason. I'd pass personally.

I think the WC striker we crave is going to go for a lot more that 70/80 million. There is a lot more money in the game, even compared to 2 years ago, and prices will inflate accordingly for the top players.

Probably, but I'd say there will be a few offloads by the top Spanish and BPL clubs this summer, so that could cause deflation! Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Allelujah!!

Good start to the Summer - let's hope it continues

You are almost correct but you have it the wrong way around. Can't see myself buying a Sky subscription again.
    A jersey, yeah definitely.

Would start going back to games too.

Fair enough.

To be honest, I don't mind paying for Sky. €33/month with all sports, and next season sky will have 6 premier league matches a week. Pretty much guaranteed to be showing Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Delighted with the signing huge potential, great age profile and a step in the right direction.

As good a CF as we can get has to be next

This will probably enrage more than anything, but here you go.

CjOmCyYWEAA1Dj2.jpg

Pter wrote: »
    This will probably enrage more than anything, but here you go.

CjOmCyYWEAA1Dj2.jpg

Not surprised we were the only "Top 4" club to go the distance so we were shown a lot at the start and the end. And Arsenal play attractive football.

Hopefully that money will get us a worldclass striker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Granit Xhaka : "I've always wanted to join the premier league. Plenty wanted me but it's only Arsene Wenger for me."

Wenger still has unbelievable pull with players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement