Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

Bellerin is far from perfect. He's been caught out of position numerous occasions. Made a stupid run up the field v West ham, lost the ball and of course they had space to put a good cross in. Against City he ran away from De bruyne. Fair enough if he marked the runner on the wing but he didn't even do that

Wouldn't knock Jenks yet. If Sam Allardyce thought he was good enough to start week in week out then there is something in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bellerin is one of the best fullbacks in the league. Every player makes mistakes so you just have to look at the whole picture....and on the whole he is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Kirby wrote: »
    Bellerin is one of the best fullbacks in the league. Every player makes mistakes so you just have to look at the whole picture....and on the whole he is very good.

I'd say we'll get another year out of him. If we sell him this year il be very disappointed with the club. Has a couple of years on his contract and we don't need money.

Wenger doesn't seem to want to keep players who want to move but Bellerin will get over it and play id imagine. We can be very soft when it comes to selling players.

Kirby wrote: »

There is errors and then there is a bit of recklessness thrown in. If we are going for the league we have very little margin for error. Its thus type of thing that has cost us points over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Having named Bellerin in my season's top 3 I rate him, and clearly his peers do too!

Bellerin made his Spanish First team debut today too

mansize wrote: »
    Having named Bellerin in my season's top 3 I rate him, and clearly his peers do too!

The lads that are attacking his wing will certainly hope he keeps up the good work.

The lads that are attacking his wing will certainly hope he keeps up the good work.

They must have been the ones that voted him in Team of the Year so

Just imagining what it would be like to have Ronaldo at Arsenal- him and Özil linking up again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Kicker are also running the same story. Fantastic signing and we'd be getting one of the best fullbacks in the game.

https://twitter.com/Mr_Bundesliga/status/737246666584166406

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    It does amaze me that specific incidents stick in the mind with you guys, especially regarding Gibbs.

Just imagine if he had given away that penalty on Vardy instead of Monreal. Don't think we would have heard the end of it.

Gibbs had so many mistakes.
    Monrael had very few.

Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Kicker are also running the same story. Fantastic signing and we'd be getting one of the best fullbacks in the game.

https://twitter.com/Mr_Bundesliga/status/737246666584166406

Who's this Clark Whitney lad? Never heard of him. Is he at all reliable?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Who's this Clark Whitney lad? Never heard of him. Is he at all reliable?

He's just quoting the new Kicker article. Basically Kicker are saying we're paying his release clause and the player wants to join.

You won't get a more reliable media outlet than Kicker for Bundesliga news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Maybe Wenger is planning on moving Monreal to CB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'd hate that idea and I don't see it tbh. Gibbs will probably go, so we will need a new left back. Having competition for Monreal is a good thing. I've never seen the guy play before but I'd imagine hes way better than Gibbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I'd hate that idea and I don't see it tbh. Gibbs will probably go, so we will need a new left back. Having competition for Monreal is a good thing. I've never seen the guy play before but I'd imagine hes way better than Gibbs.

Or maybe Monreal is on the move.. It was touted before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

can we uhh get a striker first before a left back? :S just feels we should concentrate on our front line first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

5star02707 wrote: »
    can we uhh get a striker first before a left back? :S just feels we should concentrate on our front line first?

I highly doubt we focus purely on 1 player at a time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

AdamD wrote: »
    I highly doubt we focus purely on 1 player at a time...

alri i'm just not used to Arsenal spending this much. For all we know they could say we don't have enough funds for this kind of striker but we spent 25million euros on LB.. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I get the feeling the "British core" project is about to be abandoned.

greendom wrote: »
    I get the feeling the "British core" project is about to be abandoned.

I've no objections to that, not like it's worked out at all, most of the British players we've produced in the past few years have been disappointing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

5star02707 wrote: »

I posted in here recently about the type of players I think Arsenal would want to target using the Xhaka signing as an example. I honestly believe (although as I said in the other thread a lot of my belief is based on what I've read as I don't watch enough Bundesliga esp outside Dortmund / Munich games even when I lived in Munich) Ricardo Rodriguez would fit perfectly into that Xhaka-esque signing mold I spoke of. Young, already really, really good, happy to sign for a team like Arsenal but has so much potential that its possible in a year or two he would only sign for a team like Madrid/Barca/Munich, players you don't pass up the opportunity of signing when you get it even if they play in a position that is not a priority for your team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benzema links start to re-appear soon considering Lewandowski & Aubameyang are both linked to Madrid at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I posted in here recently about the type of players I think Arsenal would want to target using the Xhaka signing as an example. I honestly believe (although as I said in the other thread a lot of my belief is based on what I've read as I don't watch enough Bundesliga esp outside Dortmund / Munich games even when I lived in Munich) Ricardo Rodriguez would fit perfectly into that Xhaka-esque signing mold I spoke of. Young, already really, really good, happy to sign for a team like Arsenal but has so much potential that its possible in a year or two he would only sign for a team like Madrid/Barca/Munich, players you don't pass up the opportunity of signing when you get it even if they play in a position that is not a priority for your team.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benzema links start to re-appear soon considering Lewandowski & Aubameyang are both linked to Madrid at the moment.

I think the striker will need to be of the same mold. Not world class but hopefully on his way there.

I think the striker will need to be of the same mold. Not world class but hopefully on his way there.

Either Lacazette or Icardi would be ideal in that case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Probably why the ones I was suggesting at the time were Morata (based off Media links) and Lukaku (based on him looking for a move and his goal record) The only thing is I don't think Arsenal fans are convinced by Morata's goal record and Lukaku may cost too much for Wenger to consider him good value. I throw the Benzema name out there partially cos of how like with the Ozil deal I can imagine Wenger swooping when someone elses arrival makes him available and Madrid offload.

If any of those guys are signed alongside Xhaka & Rodriguez it'd be hard not to be happy enough with the summer assuming no first teamers left. People always want more like im sure you would like a new CB and maybe a winger at a stretch (even though Xhaka means some CMs might be more likely to get time there as would a CF signing mean Walcott / Wellbeck being more likely to get game time on the wing)

Arsene, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wawaman wrote: »
    now official.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/May/club-statement-manchester-united-confirm-jose-mourinho-as-new-manager.aspx

Yet another top quality manager gone out of our reach. The longer wenger stays the less options we have for replacement

like he was ever going to be arsenal manager
    he could have been. He was available like Klopp and Guadiola was at the start of last season

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I've no objections to that, not like it's worked out at all, most of the British players we've produced in the past few years have been disappointing.

Most British players tend to be

he could have been. He was available like Klopp and Guadiola was at the start of last season

Wouldn't want him as manager

• Advertisement

Rumours Chambers gonna be sent out on loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It'd be the greatness and failings of Wenger in a nutshell.

Spending big to get a player we don't need now. Overlooking immediate success and looking after the future of the club while the present is calling so much louder.

Couple of brief thoughts.

1: Is it possible this guy could play LW? Wenger wants one side of the team to be very solid and retain the ball well - 2 fb's would do that well, no? Sanchez RW then.

2: If we're calling time on Gibbs and Monreal's 30, then we'll have to buy 2 LBs in the next 2 years. Good that one of them has this profile rather than 2 kids.

3: striker now, all we need is a striker.

First of all the board never would have sacked Wenger at the time and probably never will. Second of all Mourinho is probably the last manager Wenger would be replaced with and rightly so.

No thanks. 4th every day over him please.

Gotta keep perspective on what's important.

mansize wrote: »
    Rumours Chambers gonna be sent out on loan

Hopefully he isn't unless Wenger has another centre half in his sights because we're already relatively short in that department imo.

4th over winning?
    That doesn't make sense.

I can understand people not liking Jose, but to choose mediocrity over success because of personality and style shows biased judgment.
    :)

A lot of fans don't realise all of our players respect Jose as was evident when he was first to congratulate them when we beat Chelsea, and they showed their respect, whilst our manager acted like Kevin out of Home Alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

4th over winning?
    That doesn't make sense.

I can understand people not liking Jose, but to choose mediocrity over success because of personality and style shows biased judgment.

A lot of fans don't realise all of our players respect Jose as was evident when the first to congratulate them when we beat Chelsea was Jose, and they showed their respect when our manager acted like Kevin out of Home Alone.
    No. It shows we value ourselves to be higher than the likes of him and his ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

4th over winning?
    That doesn't make sense.

A lot of fans don't realise all of our players respect Jose as was evident when he was first to congratulate them when we beat Chelsea, and they showed their respect, whilst our manager acted like Kevin out of Home Alone.

I would get a warning or a ban if i was to express my feelings on Jose Mourinho. Just no, not now, not ever at arsenal. A deplorable human being. I don't want success at ANY cost.

gosplan wrote: »
    It'd be the greatness and failings of Wenger in a nutshell.

Spending big to get a player we don't need now. Overlooking immediate success and looking after the future of the club while the present is calling so much louder.

Couple of brief thoughts.

1: Is it possible this guy could play LW? Wenger wants one side of the team to be very solid and retain the ball well - 2 fb's would do that well, no? Sanchez RW then.

2: If we're calling time on Gibbs and Monreal's 30, then we'll have to buy 2 LBs in the next 2 years. Good that one of them has this profile rather than 2 kids.

3: striker now, all we need is a striker.

People need to realise Monreal is 30 and regardless of this season performance we will need a replacement. Rodriguez is (imo) at slightly better player than Nacho but is also 7 years younger.

€25M is a steal for a player of his quality

• Advertisement

4th over winning?
    That doesn't make sense.

Yes. We're respectful.

Sorry, a lot of people buy into the 'winning is the only thing'. I just don't.

gosplan wrote: »
    Yes. We're respectful.

Sorry, a lot of people buy into the 'winning is the only thing'. I just don't.

Neither do I.
    But I do think success is something that has eluded our manager for quite a long time and it's very obvious why.
    A change in coaching is something he's not capable of and we need a proper player manager.

4th over winning?
    That doesn't make sense.

You have a strange definition of medecority

Neither do I.
    But I do think success is something that has eluded our manager for quite a long time and it's very obvious why.
    A change in coaching is something he's not capable of and we need a proper player manager.

Fine, get one in.

Not him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He can f*** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

4th over winning?
    That doesn't make sense.

Anyone who has any respect for him after his various attacks on our manager can f*** off too.

• Advertisement

M Giroud scores for France

Mourinho is a great football manager but a horrible person. I think he will cause a lot of bother at United in the future.
    I really believe that we will get a great manager and a nice person in time.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Anyone who has any respect for him after his various attacks on our manager can f*** off too.

That's all our players so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mourinho is a great football manager but a horrible person. I think he will cause a lot of bother at United in the future.
    I really believe that we will get a great manager and a nice person in time.

That part is not important to me. As long as he/she is not like Mou, I'll be happy.

I got a ban for using a term to describe Mou before, so I'll bite my tongue. Suffice to say, I would cease to follow the club if he became manager. Tough and all as that would be, I'd boycott the team, and come back when he was finished and had left us in a mess, with a decade of rebuilding to take care of!

emmetlego wrote: »
    That part is not important to me. As long as he/she is not like Mou, I'll be happy.

I got a ban for using a term to describe Mou before, so I'll bite my tongue. Suffice to say, I would cease to follow the club if he became manager. Tough and all as that would be, I'd boycott the team, and come back when he was finished and had left us in a mess, with a decade of rebuilding to take care of!

Being nice is important though. It helps to attract new players and new fans. It also helps the club get sponsorship if the manager is approachable and well liked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement