Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Regardless of our final league position i think its high time for the manager to go but some of those players should fall with him. Another cluster of dead wood to clear out and we thought we'd seen the last of the rubbish during the summer of 2013.

For me along with Wenger he can take with him

Ramsey
    Ox
    Walcott
    Per
    Flamini
    Arteta
    Gibbs
    Rosicky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Kane's goal was some finish

But was per doing in build up

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Canadel wrote: »
    Watford outplayed Utd at Old Trafford during the week so if Leicester can go and beat them convincingly away they will be strong favourites for the title.

I'd still have Spurs and Arsenal as favourites above them but today could be a turning point after watching too many Arsenal players playing poorly and simply not caring and Spurs being made look decidedly average at times by those same players.

Did you actually watch the game 10 men restored a point after one fcuked up royally not caring wasn't evident today

greendom wrote: »
    I've said he deserves the flak. Deserves credit today though. If Coquelin had been less rash and/or the ref a little more impartial that would have been a deserved win.

Sorry don't mean to be snappy, but year after year of bottle jobs, under spending and bad tactics just gets to me. We deserved the win, and we played well but why couldn't they have done this for the last two months. One result doesn't take away from the constant bad performances we've had. I don't he deserves credit (maybe I'm unfair) but if they can't get up for a bloody derby then god help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Today could have been bad, nice to see Arsenal want to drag us to the line with our tension again this year!

I had a last minute ticket to the Swansea game, and hadn't seen such a poor performance from us since.. the week before, but it really was compounded as it was fukcing Swansea. We had no desire whatsoever.

Today I thought the game plan was good, soak up Spurs running around and pressing for a while, though our makeshift back 4 was real dodgy, and i think thats down to Mertesacker and Gabriel not knowing Ospinas positioning as well. I thought Coquelin was great up till his foul, and you must say he is the most passionate out of all of our players at the moment. Too passionate today mind you.

Welbeck played great but my does he need some shooting confidence. We need our Strikers to take chances when they are on. Yes there is a higher likelihood of them missing or being saved, but when we are scoring nothing something has to change.

Ramsey, what can you say? 1/20 of his backheels come off, luckily today we got a goal! But again to slow playing the ball in possession, and a stupid backheel led to a dangerous Spurs counter.

Thought Elneny looked very tidy, flashes of Santi as he would collect in our half and immediately release Ozil or the front line. I think Coquelin treated him very much like he does Cazorla today and it worked for the time he was on.

Part of me wants Leicester to just win and get things over with.. my brain hurts trying to conjure new hopes every weekend.. I think though Wenger will have to leave after this, its just far far too similar this year, and we now have some world class players on the team.

Looper007 wrote: »
    For me along with Wenger he can take with him

Ramsey
    Ox
    Walcott
    Per
    Flamini
    Arteta
    Gibbs
    Rosicky

That's a studied list. Regardless of manager Ramsey stays without question.

We'd then also have to find 4 new homegrown talents and there are very few.

A new manager deserves time with players like Ox, Walcott and Gibbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Kane's goal was some finish

But was per doing in build up

Jesus
    Great finish but not exactly top corner. I'm seeing someone like De Gea or Courtois, even Loris, getting fingertips to that. I don't think it was as unstoppable as the commentators made out. Ospina has done incredibly well to make it as a top class gk at his height but he really is limited as a keeper in too many ways.

Soups123 wrote: »

Why all the love for Ramsey? Tbh yes he does put in effort but his reckless flicking could have just as easily have ended up goals at the other end. I hope he doesnt think the goal vindicates his flicking. He is probably the best of a dismal lot of homegrown players.

I wouldnt wish Ox, Walcott or Gibbs or any manager. Their attitudes are appalling. Gibbs was abysmal against City at Christmas when he made his brief and almost costly cameo. Chambo has a puss on him like a bulldog chewing a thistle all season. Offers complete naff all. And Walcott's mother couldnt defend his performances or lack of energy recently.

I hate this senseless tokenism in football tbh it should be scrapped. English media led nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

When is Cazorlq due back? Should be soon right? Will be a huge boost when he's back.

• Advertisement

Why all the love for Ramsey? Tbh yes he does put in effort but his reckless flicking could have just as easily have ended up goals at the other end. I hope he doesnt think the goal vindicates his flicking. He is probably the best of a dismal lot of homegrown players.

I wouldnt wish Ox, Walcott or Gibbs or any manager. Their attitudes are appalling. Gibbs was abysmal against City at Christmas when he made his brief and almost costly cameo. Chambo has a puss on him like a bulldog chewing a thistle all season. Offers complete naff all. And Walcott's mother couldnt defend his performances or lack of energy recently.

I hate this senseless tokenism in football tbh it should be scrapped. English media led nonsense.

It's not all love for Ramsey the poster said he should be sold? That's just stupid, all of United, City and Chelsea would bite our hands off.

He isn't in great form and calls to drop him would be fine but sell him? Not a chance

I think Ox is worth time with a new manager and Gibbs is a fine second choice LB

Why? what has he done to be unsaleable soups? If a club comes in with a massive fee I take it in a second.

Nah I don't think Ox has it in him to be a top player. Walcott has had enough time and doesn't look like he anything other then a decent mid table player. Gibbs I wouldn't be agaisn't staying, he be a good backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

What a difference Elneny makes to this team. We need to build on this and take it into the FA Cup now. Well done Arsenal on a good draw and a battling performance.

It's not all love for Ramsey the poster said he should be sold? That's just stupid, all of United, City and Chelsea would bite our hands off.

He isn't in great form and calls to drop him would be fine but sell him? Not a chance

I think Ox is worth time with a new manager and Gibbs is a fine second choice LB

You think? What has he done to warrant this frenzy? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thought Ospina did well today but he couldn't hold onto the shots he saved. Any manager will be telling his players to go for follow ups when they have a shot on goal. Hopefully our defenders will too.

Come onTipp of course they would he is an excellent player and qualifies as home grown. Like Ox I think he could be rejuvenated under a new manager

I get his form hasn't been great and we need more from him but selling would be stupid

• Advertisement

He's still living on that 2013-2014 season for his reputation

If they come in with a fee over 40 million then I gladly sell him to them. Aside from one wonder Season he's done nothing for me to be a first team player. He can take his flicks and back and side way passes with him.

Sorry don't mean to be snappy, but year after year of bottle jobs, under spending and bad tactics just gets to me. We deserved the win, and we played well but why couldn't they have done this for the last two months. One result doesn't take away from the constant bad performances we've had. I don't he deserves credit (maybe I'm unfair) but if they can't get up for a bloody derby then god help us.
    Today wasn't about getting up for it. It was about getting over the lack of self-belief and nervousness that was so evident against Swansea.

I agree Arsene still has a lot to answer for looking at the season as a whole.

He's still living on that 2013-2014 season for his reputation

If they come in with a fee over 40 million then I gladly sell him to them. Aside from one wonder Season he's done nothing for me to be a first team player. He can take his flicks and back and side way passes with him.

From a statistical point of view, he's an extremely good player. Covers lots of distance, makes lots of passes, lots of forward passes, high pass completion rate, tackles a lot and defends well.

Unfortunately there's no stats for stupid little flicks :D

When is Cazorlq due back? Should be soon right? Will be a huge boost when he's back.

Beginning of April according to the man himself.

Come onTipp of course they would he is an excellent player and qualifies as home grown. Like Ox I think he could be rejuvenated under a new manager

I get his form hasn't been great and we need more from him but selling would be stupid

you see the thing is i think it just looks terrible on a player if he suddenly bursts a gut for a new manager when he couldnt be arsed all along. As it happens i just dont think Ox is good enough anyway. brainless.

Ramsey to his credit like Welbeck is a trier, but he is a senior player now and you'd expect more from him then these juvenile 'tekkers' wannabe nonsense. Fergie would light him up if he tried it. Time for him to grow up.

• Advertisement

Really looking like Coquelin is reverting to his normal self.

Today wasn't about getting up for it. It was about getting over the lack of self-belief and nervousness that was so evident against Swansea.

I agree Arsene still has a lot to answer for looking at the season as a whole.

Sorry it's pure bottle job to me, how can our side who were only missing Carzola not beat a under par Utd team and not beat a bloody Swansea side who rested some of their players for the weekend at home. That's inexcusable for me, this lot along with the manager lack the heart for the battle.

At least we agree with the last thing you said, he needs to step down or else get pushed. He can't expect to stay if Leicester win the league.

Really looking like Coquelin is reverting to his normal self.

A rush of blood to the head today. Hopefully an isolated incident. And one he learns from.

Sorry it's pure bottle job to me, how can our side who were only missing Carzola not beat a under par Utd team and not beat a bloody Swansea side who rested some of their players for the weekend at home. That's inexcusable for me, this lot along with the manager lack the heart for the battle.
    Because whenever we have a player missing and lose he is the most important player have.

Also this after 29 matches is pathetic:

379489.jpg

At least we agree with the last thing you said, he needs to step down or else get pushed. He can't expect to stay if Leicester win the league.
    Think we're going round in circles here. I'm not excusing what went on before just saying he did well today

Because whenever we have a player missing and lose he is the most important player have.

Also this after 29 matches is pathetic:

379489.jpg
    Not good enough!

Abysmal scoring. Even sylvain wiltord managed to hit double figures in a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well now that was a hard watch. A lot of good play and a lot of bad.
    Wenger got the tactics right I feel today. A change.
    The team battled well but we are simply not good enough.
    Hard to pick out an outstanding performance by any of our players but Coq was very silly and careless and was the cause of us not taking maximum points.
    Ramsey is a frustrating player, touches of madness and touches of brilliance.
    Mert never fills me with confidence and is always prone to the killer mistake.
    Jury still out on Gabriel, tries hard but i'm not convinced he'll make it.
    Elneny was good, not great, but very steady.
    Gibbs was good for a change. It was long overdue.No fatal errors anyway.
    Bellerin gave the ball away a lot and a few needless free kicks. Better going forward than defending today.
    Ozil was unusually quiet. Sanchez tries his best but needs a new trick or two.
    Welbeck tried hard and gave his all but did better with the ball on the ground than any played high to him.

A point is really no good at this stage. We needed a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

West Ham just 3 points behind us now

When's Wilshere back? His 0.06 strike rate could make all the difference. :pac:

In case anyone's confused as to who I'm talking about, it's understandable. Here's his wikipedia page which might help ring a bell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wilshere

• Advertisement

Ugh, could be 3 cup matches in a row now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Keeping St Totteringham's day going is about the only thing that interests me now. If you offered me Arsenal to finish 4th and spurs 5th then I think I'd take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ugh, could be 3 cup matches in a row now.

Don't mind that at all.

Isn't the Barca match the one where we win 3-2 but go out anyway and then are unbeatable for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Everton, West Ham, Barca, a possible run to wembley and Man City away to come yet , I know we're ****ing awful lately but I am looking forward to all those games

A rush of blood to the head today. Hopefully an isolated incident. And one he learns from.
    He's been poor enough the last while. If he can only play when Cazorla's next to him then he's not much use.
    gosplan wrote: »
    Don't mind that at all.

Isn't the Barca match the one where we win 3-2 but go out anyway and then are unbeatable for the rest of the season?

After Monaco last year we finished 5-3-1. (2ppg v 1.97 for the season).
    Year before we went 6-2-2 after Bayern (2ppg v 2.08 for the season).
    Year before 8-2-0 after Bayern (2.6ppg v 1.92 for the season).
    Year before was 6-3-2 after Milan (1.91ppg v 1.84 for the season).
    Year before was 2-5-3 after Barcelona (1.1ppg v 1.79 for the season).
    Year before after Barcelona (1/4 final) we went 1-1-3 (0.8 ppg v 1.97 for the season).

So nah apart from once. :P

gosplan wrote: »
    Don't mind that at all.

Thats right i remember that one. I think myself and Jennifer Lawrence head back to my swanky apartment to celebrate afterwards by having some champagne and hours of tantic sex if i recall? (not necessarily in that order) :pac:

When's Wilshere back? His 0.06 strike rate could make all the difference. :pac:

In case anyone's confused as to who I'm talking about, it's understandable. Here's his wikipedia page which might help ring a bell. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Wilshere

let me think...Wilshere???? wil-sheere?? hmm...... oh ya right the pisshead on the double decker after we won the cup? what happened to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Keeping St Totteringham's day going is about the only thing that interests me now. If you offered me Arsenal to finish 4th and spurs 5th then I think I'd take it.

This is why people laugh at you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

9 points lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

9 points lads.

The hungriest and most committed team in the league.
    Still think Watford will get something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I am more concerned about whether we finish in the top 4 at this stage as we will bottle winning it even if a slim opportunity arises.

Pudders wrote: »
    I am more concerned about whether we finish in the top 4 at this stage as we will bottle winning it even if a slim opportunity arises.

But isn't that just depressing though, that we're worried about getting top 4 again and we haven't the excuse of City or Chelsea running away with the league to fall back on. I can't be arsed with FA Cups and the annual 4th place anymore, our club needs a massive shake up. If Wenger stays another season we will end up as a top 6 club rather then a top 4 one.

But isn't that just depressing though, that we're worried about getting top 4 again and we haven't the excuse of City or Chelsea running away with the league to fall back on. I can't be arsed with FA Cups and the annual 4th place anymore, our club needs a massive shake up. If Wenger stays another season we will end up as a top 6 club rather then a top 4 one.
    Yep.

Everton, West Ham, Barca, a possible run to wembley and Man City away to come yet , I know we're ****ing awful lately but I am looking forward to all those games

I think West Ham will do us over, they are a great side at home.
    Everton I wouldn't fancy us there either.
    Man City you just never know they are just as bad as us at the moment.
    Barca will hammer us at their place.

I'm not looking forward to it at all. If we win the other games outside those three PL games and win one of those three then top 4 is safe.

FA Cup, Wenger can't fall back on that again. I wish the season could just end now cause we ain't winning the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

How can we compete with Leicester and all their lack of money!

Next year maybe......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

omega man wrote: »

Next year maybe......

It's hunger and belief.....we just don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I think West Ham will do us over, they are a great side at home.
    Everton I wouldn't fancy us there either.
    Man City you just never know they are just as bad as us at the moment.
    Barca will hammer us at their place.

I'm not looking forward to it at all. If we win the other games outside those three PL games and win one of those three then top 4 is safe.

FA Cup, Wenger can't fall back on that again. I wish the season could just end now cause we ain't winning the PL.

Yes indeed, I fear it's going to be tough to get a CL slot this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

omega man wrote: »

Next year maybe......

Wenger will come up with some excuse. We long for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Fair play to Leicester though it has to be said. You can say the league is poor this year or whatever,so far they have taken their chance. Most people said they would fall away after losing at the emirates but they are still up there fighting away. Win lose or draw they have a fantastic attitude and play every game as if it was their last.
    Theres a lot to be said for application, attitude and determination, something many of our squad are lacking these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

9 points lads.

8 points, but still won't catch them hope they go on and win it now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement