Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

We need one at CB too.

That's true.
    Let's get the striker first though otherwise Ozil will leave!
    ;)

I really hope Wenger does sign him now before the euros as it makes me revise my opinion on Wenger, and I don't feel like calling for his head.
    Sure if we don't win the league I'll still be disappointed but at least Wenger tried to address the problem quickly without excuses like "little bit right player comes along"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

seems like Vardy is goina happen

Is anyone else completely shocked by this whole Vardy transfer. Its so unlike Wenger. I cant get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Drexel wrote: »
    seems like Vardy is goina happen

Is anyone else completely shocked by this whole Vardy transfer. Its so unlike Wenger. I cant get over it!

Shocked. So un-Wenger-like in many many ways, but Wenger-like because he's in the cheap!

Not sold on him just yet though. He could be the modern Franny 'fox in the box' Jeffers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

It's an excellent signing but a risky one as well in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Vardy set to give #AFC decision before flying to #EURO2016 with #ENG at 1130 Mon. 4yr deal in place, agreement with #LCFC - now up to #Vardy
    - Ornstein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Where would it leave Arsene and the club if Vardy decided to stay at Leicester???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Mkhitaryan Next it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Where would it leave Arsene and the club if Vardy decided to stay at Leicester???

In what sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

They'd move onto the next target.

• Advertisement

Mkhitaryan Next it seems

Rumours of Mahrez this evening too. Source not great though, the Sun.

A good bit on Twitter too. Said to have a 25m release clause

Nothing will change!
    But it would say a lot about our club if Vardy had no interest, which would indicate he doesn't believe Arsenal are good enough for him, or that (God forbid) , Mr Ranieri is a better coach/manager.

Nothing will change!
    But it would say a lot about our club if Vardy had no interest, which would indicate he doesn't believe Arsenal are good enough for him, or that (God forbid) , Mr Ranieri is a better coach/manager.

Don't think it will be an issue because it seems that Vardy is keen to join according to Giroud today.

If he didn't join, I wouldn't take it to personally to be honest. Just a case of moving on to the next target. Again, I don't think its an issue here. The only issue left seems to be where is the nearest working biro for Vardy.

Have to give Wenger credit here. Just when you think the aul dog is dead he springs to life. He has taken a backlash over what happened this season and it seems not only is he trying to rectify it with tougher personnel but he is going to wield the axe too. That's pretty much the end of the road for Theo and id imagine Ox will go too.

WarZ wrote: »
    It's an excellent signing but a risky one as well in my opinion.

There is no doubting his willingness to work and his tenacity though and he will give us something different in this regard. He may not score 25 goals a season for us but he will create quite a few with his persistence.

Talk that Vardy will be making an announcement tomorrow morning. Hopefully not to commit to Leicester but to explain to them why he is leaving.

Send Jack round with a few bottles of Blue WKD and 40 Benson he'll say yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Rumours of Mahrez this evening too. Source not great though, the Sun.

A good bit on Twitter too. Said to have a 25m release clause

Would be delighted to land him but my god we'd be totally gutting Leicester.

Then again it would be worth it to see Lineker melt down on Twitter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

gandalf wrote: »

Then again it would be worth it to see Lineker melt down on Twitter :)

£55m for two of the best players in the PL this year. Fantastic business if it can be done particularly as they clearly dovetail well together thus reducing the risk of just signing one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Leicester apparently going for Troy Deeney if Vardy leaves.

Mahrez with Ozil would be very tasty indeed. If it happens then it's definitely bye bye Theo and bye bye Ox!

• Advertisement

Mahrez with Ozil would be very tasty indeed. If it happens then it's definitely bye bye Theo and bye bye Ox!

Bye bye mediocrity

mansize wrote: »
    Bye bye mediocrity

The scary thing is if this actually happens that we might recover a majority of the signing fees for Vardy and Mahrez if Theo and Ox get sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ha, we're all totally sucked back in again.

Imagine a front six of Santi, Wishere, Oxil, Mahrez, Alexis, Vardy.

With Rambo, Giroud, Elneny to come in.

I've left Xhaka out cos I've never seen him play, but he'd have to be pretty immense to get into that team!

Leicester apparently going for Troy Deeney if Vardy leaves.

We mentioned getting a bully of a centre forward and to be honest i quite like Deeney myself. Probably not world class but an absolute brute who would create havoc up there. He'll do well at Leicester.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ha, we're all totally sucked back in again.

Ah the joys of being a football fan eh ;)

Before the season starts we're all hopeless optimists. As the season progresses typically that gets ground out of us.......unless we win something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I'm tipping Arsenal for the premier league next season if this is true.

Then again it would be worth it to see Lineker melt down on Twitter
    :)

Karma for this idiotic impression he done of Wenger.

If you dont like it Gary....*waves hands hysterically......au revoir!! :D

The scary thing is if this actually happens that we might recover a majority of the signing fees for Vardy and Mahrez if Theo and Ox get sold.

You would want to be mad to fork out anything north of 8 apiece for any of those two but football is bonkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

WarZ wrote: »
    I'm tipping Arsenal for the premier league next season if this is true.

I reckon The Pool will be in with a great shout if Klopp brings in a few decent lads.

Mostly because I think Klopp is great, and will make them strong and focussed, while everyone else decends into bitching and whining at each other.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I reckon The Pool will be in with a great shout if Klopp brings in a few decent lads.

Mostly because I think Klopp is great, and will make them strong and focussed, while everyone else decends into bitching and whining at each other.

Klopp like Raneiri strikes me as an infectiously nice fella. He will do well at Liverpool. While we would hear plenty of shíte from their fans if they won anything ahead of us, at the same time I like what Klopp brings to the party and wish him well. He seems a fun character. No despicable carry on and real down to earth attitude about him. Its just a pity he manages that crowd.

This is a mad time. Vardy to us? Nuts! Will it happen, probably! Who else is coming this summer? Maybe Mahrez? Now that I would love... I'd give up on Vardy for him! Anyway, all things tolled, those that are reputedly ITK, say that he will buy a winger, 2 defenders, might be Vardy (if not, another striker) and include a member to the backroom staff in a manager capacity!

The sting in the tail for his management career??? Like Fergusson with RVP? Maybe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I don't think we'll be getting Mahrez. Feeling like it might be Mkhitaryan from BVB.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be getting Mahrez. Feeling like it might be Mkhitaryan from BVB.

Either would be swell to be honest. Jesus who would have thought back in the 'recessionary' days that we would ever see this type of dilemma.

ed57b344b62d04200a18f18b0ab3389d_large

Whoa, things getting a bit carried away in here :D

Personally, I think it's a shame if Theo and the Ox go. Mainly because it's the EPL, and you'd like to see an English core of players doing well. Wenger has invested a lot in these guys, and they've let him down.

I don't think the ox will go, though. He's only young. Loan possibly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Basil3 wrote: »

Personally, I think it's a shame if Theo and the Ox go. Mainly because it's the EPL, and you'd like to see an English core of players doing well. Wenger has invested a lot in these guys, and they've let him down.

I'd love every Arsenal players to do well, it would make my day to see them succeed and lift numerous trophies for Arsenal. Unfortunately, it's now clear (to me, anyway), that we have several players, who for whatever reason, aren't going to succeed at Arsenal. I think as a group of fans, we've shown loyalty and patience with most of them, but for some, I do think their time should be up now.

I'll follow their careers with interest, and always have a fond spot for them, but yeah, there's a few that should be moved on. I really hope that Arsene thinks this too, and the transfer activity is a result of that.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »

I support those who give their all for Arsenal FC. Those who are not bothered can f-off tbh

So Vardy is to announce his decision this morning about whether he stays with Leicester or joins us. Leicester have made him an improved contract offer. If he stays, he'll attain even higher hero status with them! I'd imagine his mind is made up already.... Interesting morning ahead of us people!

emmetlego wrote: »
    So Vardy is to announce his decision this morning about whether he stays with Leicester or joins us. Leicester have made him an improved contract offer. If he stays, he'll attain even higher hero status with them! I'd imagine his mind is made up already.... Interesting morning ahead of us people!

Sounds like it!

emmetlego wrote: »

Getting nervous now :) Sure it wouldn't be an Arsenal transfer without becoming a drawn out saga ha. Honestly, if he does stay then fair play to him. Loyalty is a rare thing in football today. If he does come to us then great we're happy to have him.

For Leicester fans, they should respect his decision either way. He should always be remembered for helping them achieving the impossible dream. With modern day football fans though that wont be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I really don't mind which decision he makes.
    Wenger has come to the realisation that he needs another striker. He has to go out and get one now.
    If not Vardy it will be someone else, maybe better and younger.

• Advertisement

Wenger has come to the realisation that he needs another striker. He has to go out and get one now.

Yes, agree! It's a good sign, but he was only costing 20 million... Not too many of them knocking around these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Quite right,don't think Wenger is stupid enough to be pinning his hopes on one striker im sure he has someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

We all thought that the summer we tried for Higuain and Suarez but got no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Getting nervous now :) Sure it wouldn't be an Arsenal transfer without becoming a drawn out saga ha. Honestly, if he does stay then fair play to him. Loyalty is a rare thing in football today. If he does come to us then great we're happy to have him.

For Leicester fans, they should respect his decision either way. He should always be remembered for helping them achieving the impossible dream. With modern day football fans though that wont be the case.

Like arsenal accepted Van Persies descision to leave? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So when is this announcement

We all thought that the summer we tried for Higuain and Suarez but got no one.

Except for Özil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

patiently waiting for the announcement, when would this be? 11.30 is their departing flight

Hah ha!

Good man Bradley. A true gooner :D
    Love the reaction of big Sam

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Like arsenal accepted Van Persies descision to leave? ;)

By and large to be fair Arsenal fans are no different than any other fans in terms of fickleness and while i myself didn't like some of Van Persie's comments when he left such as 'the little boy' bullshít, he did, like Cesc before him tbf give us 8 of his best years and was an unbelievable talent. Both deserved to win trophies with us too because they were top drawer but there wasn't enough experience around them to reinforce the side. Im probably out on my own in remembering these players for what they brought to the side more than for the acrimonious circumstances which they left.

I reckon time will be kinder to Vardy if he does leave than it was to RVP. Arsenal and Man U have always had a competitive rivalry with each other over decades regardless of respective league position and it hurt Arsenal fans to see RVP at Man U of all places given the rivalry that went before. Whereas Leicester may find it a bit more difficult to hit those heights again especially with everyone around having the finances to strengthen. This season should be cherished for them regardless and anyone who contributed it should not be forgotten

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement