Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

No that's his cover photo she's on about.
    He's updated his profile pic to him in the 16/17 kit.......
    Uh oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Please go for Higuain instead

No that's his cover photo she's on about.
    He's updated his profile pic to him in the 16/17 kit.......
    Uh oh.

It's ok it's ok.......

http://bioischanged.com/vardy7/profileimage/350978581

As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I hope we switch targets

Yeah the papers tomorrow don't make happy reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why? What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Why? What's going on?
    His staying with Leicester apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Won't believe either way till we get an announcement from the player himself

I hoped he wouldn't, but thought he might.
    Looks like Arsenal aren't able to offer him more than money in his eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Good news I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

With Arsene's reluctantance to have more than one target this could be very bad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Fair enough if he is, fair play to him for standing by his team. That kind of loyalty is rare these days.

I assume there is a "hit list" we just move onto the next name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

I still believe he's joining us. The reason the delay is that he's giving Leicester a day to look at potential transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DenMan wrote: »
    I still believe he's joining us. The reason the delay is that he's giving Leicester a day to look at potential transfers.

What? They have a whole summer to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is there any proof he's not joining us lads?
    If there is i'm really not too disappointed at all as long as we have someone else lined up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »

Not with the Euro's and the Copa America on during it. Any potential transfers in should be done before the inflated prices of international football happen. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You don't get it, do you? It's all a big game. There's a huge timing issue, the jersey sales, the media timing etc... It's hugely complicated. As far as I believe, it's a done deal. If it's not, then Mr Ornstein will now not be not the trusted one from AFC! He may have pissed off the board over something!

With Arsene's reluctantance to have more than one target this could be very bad news.

It would be if we were 48 hours away from the close of the transfer window. If he does refuse then we have loads of time to scope out and line up another target.

TBH given our recent history I would have hoped that the powers that be have learnt their lesson and had a number of potential targets lined up.

• Advertisement

He's definitley on the way lads i just know it , With Xhaka I had a few days off and nothing happened, 1st day back at work the pics of him in the jersey leaked

I've been off since friday...Back to work tomorow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DenMan wrote: »
    Not with the Euro's and the Copa America on during it. Any potential transfers in should be done before the inflated prices of international football happen. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I'm so confused. How does Vardy delaying the decision help that? This feels like that time I watched Inception.

I'm so confused. How does Vardy delaying the decision help that? This feels like that time I watched Inception.

They may have transfers going on right now, a contingency plan in case some of their star players leaving. New players stepping up and assuming big roles within the club. I reckon Arsenal's four year plan is better than Leicester's. We'll have to find out.

TBH I learnt my lesson with whole Higuaín fiasco. I got taken in by all the speculation that we were going to land him. Watched Twatter all the time soaking up all the rumours and then was absolutely gutted when it turned out to be bollix and he fecked off to Napoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Quazzie wrote: »
    Genuinely wasn't aimed at you. Or at least not intentionally. More so aimed at people who are hypocritically shunning Vardy for saying a word "some" deem to be racist, and the same people worshipped someone who was accused of raping someone.

The RVP thing was dropped I think. Though he was a bit of a scumbag. But then we probably would have been better off not signing him because he turned put to be disloyal.

As regards Vardy, I don't really mind if people overlook it or figure it was just once and he apologise.

I have a big big problem with the line it was something 'some' might deem racist or 'maybe he didn't know'.

People's bias means they can overlook things but it's important to call it as it is. Vardy's comments were bang out of order.

By all means let's assume it was once and once only but don't excuse him.
    We're a hugely multicultural club.

I think Vardy might be more annoyed at the people who look like him these times then those who are a completely different race :D

Tbh this was always going to end in tears. Trying to be someone else can get irritating very quickly if you are that person being imitated.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/jamie-vardy-blocks-lookalike-online-and-issue-warning-737966.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think Vardy might be more annoyed at the people who look like him these times then those who are a completely different race :D

Tbh this was always going to end in tears. Trying to be someone else can get irritating very quickly if you are that person being imitated.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/jamie-vardy-blocks-lookalike-online-and-issue-warning-737966.html

I read somewhere else that he was tagging himself in Vardys photos on Facebook, including ones that had his son in them. I believe Mrs Vardy was very vocal about it on twitter saying that just because he has a season ticket doesn't give him the right to be a stalker. Creepy stuff altogether if true.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I read somewhere else that he was tagging himself in Vardys photos on Facebook, including ones that had his son in them. I believe Mrs Vardy was very vocal about it on twitter saying that just because he has a season ticket doesn't give him the right to be a stalker. Creepy stuff altogether if true.

Yeah its a bit mad no doubt. Lad doesnt come across as the full ticket tbh but id honestly say harmless but daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Arsenal fans in such a frenzy in case we don't sign Jamie Vardy.

Honestly who would have thought this last week:)

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Arsenal fans in such a frenzy in case we don't sign Jamie Vardy.

Honestly who would have thought this last week:)
    honestly i dont care who we sign. i want wenger out to be honest as it doesnt matter who is on the pitch. Wenger is not capable of winning the big trophies anymore.

Be in vardy or Higuen, it dont matter. we still wont win the league or CL for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Whatever happens at least its very positive we're trying to get deals done this early. No one knew about Vardy until last Friday so it just goes to show you don't know what the club are actually doing in the background.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Whatever happens at least its very positive we're trying to get deals done this early. No one knew about Vardy until last Friday so it just goes to show you don't know what the club are actually doing in the background.

yea .

i guess its a positive thing. But i think the biggest thing that needs to change is the manager or his mentality.

Change that and we could improve. There is no point buying x y and z if wenger is still playing the same way or still manager .

He needs to change his ways. The biggest improvement for our club is from the high up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well, we do have a 24 hour transfer team who had pretty much the entire summer off last year. About time they got the finger out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Usually fùck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

mansize wrote: »
    Have u read how Barca have approached bellerin directly without our consent?

At least we have asked Leicster for approval first

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are Arsenal the bad guys now? This is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Have u read how Barca have approached bellerin directly without our consent?

At least we have asked Leicster for approval first

If there's no reputable sources touting that story I wouldn't worry too much. That story was bound to be brought up this summer given the season Bellerin had and his Barca DNA. He'll be staying with us imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are Arsenal the bad guys now? This is great!

You know the club are doing something right if other clubs are pissed with us. About time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mansize wrote: »
    Ozil would tend to suffer when his passes aren't being finished...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Get out of here with your logic!

Lineker hates us anyway delighted he's pissed the also rans comment he said the other day was delightfull especially when spurs and Leicester are nobody's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

According to some journalist at the Telegraph, Vardy isn't going to make a decision until after the euros. Arsenal should move on and try for another one of their targets. Too risky waiting till then, especially if he has a great euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

and there's nothing finer than a single scapegoat to blame. Don't confuse the fanbase by attempting to share it.

I personally think he has a point to a degree. Yes his form dipped and the stats prove that, but Ozil's stats also dropped. I don't think Giroud is 100% responsible for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

According to some journalist at the Telegraph, Vardy isn't going to make a decision until after the euros. Arsenal should move on and try for another one of their targets. Too risky waiting till then, especially if he has a great euros.

I agree - still England could well be home in a couple of weeks anyway and not too much business happening while the Euros and Copa America are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

greendom wrote: »
    and there's nothing finer than a single scapegoat to blame. Don't confuse the fanbase by attempting to share it.

I personally think he has a point to a degree. Yes his form dipped and the stats prove that, but Ozil's stats also dropped. I don't think Giroud is 100% responsible for that.
    No, I'm not blaming Giroud entirely. Sanchez was awful in March too if I recall properly. Ozil did go quiet in a few games tbf, but 90% of the time he was far and away our best player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Apparently Walcott is staying and has agreed with Wenger to confine his role to the right wing for the coming season.

Poor Joel Campbell, can't believe he's being ostracised once again after putting in a fantastic effort every time he's played. A genuine desire to play, have an impact and some good creativity from him this season was a real shining light for me, why Wenger places no faith in him I've no idea? He should really be looking to make a move if he doesn't want his career to languish, which is a real shame IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mahrez is not at the Euros being Algerian and all so expect that story to pick up

tancredi palmeri

"Arsenal have bid €32m (£25m) for Mahrez. Arsenal, before bidding for Mahrez, had several meeting with the player's entourage and the player is open for moving."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Not selling Walcott is outrageous, complete drain on resources and keeping better more deserving players out of the picture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement