Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ramsey must think he is part of that Romanian squad of 1998 :D

Tell you what though, he's made it really easy to spot him on the pitch.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Tell you what though, he's made it really easy to spot him on the pitch.

He's normally the one who is careless in possession though, easy to spot :D
    In fairness, a very wholehearted and honest player though and likeable lad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He's normally the one who is careless in possession though, easy to spot :D
    In fairness, a very wholehearted and honest player though and likeable lad

:)

In fairness, in all the talk of who should get shipped out of Arsenal, Ramsey hasn't come up at all here. Sometimes wasteful, but always gives his all, and seems like most people see that.

Playing pretty well today I think, Wales are showing off some skills there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ramsey isn't shining today.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Ramsey isn't shining today.

He's fallen off in the second half, and then goes and gets an assist. Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hes a player you wont notice, but get man of the match

https://twitter.com/UEFAEURO/status/741647127617605633

Good call ;)

He's fallen off in the second half, and then goes and gets an assist. Typical.

And not on purpose:)

:)

In fairness, in all the talk of who should get shipped out of Arsenal, Ramsey hasn't come up at all here. Sometimes wasteful, but always gives his all, and seems like most people see that.

Playing pretty well today I think, Wales are showing off some skills there.
    Giving all isn't good enough for arsenal.

Might be for west Brom or stoke alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey and Xhaka both superb today. That midfield will be so good!

Ramsey and Xhaka both superb today. That midfield will be so good!

Ramsey was poor.

• Advertisement

Today's game typified Ramsey. Loads of effort as ever but doesn't always take the correct options

Ramsey was poor.

He got a standing ovation, and the press are all saying he had a fantastic game. I think he dropped off a little in the second half, but no, he wasn't poor in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey was poor.
    Today's game typified Ramsey. Loads of effort as ever but doesn't always take the correct options

But still was involved in the winner. Put in some shift and got the assist (lucky but they all count).

But still was involved in the winner. Put in some shift and got the assist (lucky but they all count).

That's true tbf. One thing i admire about Ramsey is that he never dwells on an error or misplaced pass and think to himself that 'today is not his day'. He keeps going as if its a matter of survival. We talk about Kante for Leicester but Ramsey probably puts in as much effort and running. Surrender just not part of his DNA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I thought Ramsey was decent without being anything special, tried a good few flicks and stuff in the 1st half which luckily worked out for him. That chance missed at the end kind of typifies why Arsenal fans get frustrated with him, that being said he was out on his feet at that stage. Skrtel is a proper headbanger, id say Liverpool fans will be glad to see the back of him

wonga77 wrote: »
    I thought Ramsey was decent without being anything special, tried a good few flicks and stuff in the 1st half which luckily worked out for him. That chance missed at the end kind of typifies why Arsenal fans get frustrated with him, that being said he was out on his feet at that stage. Skrtel is a proper headbanger, id say Liverpool fans will be glad to see the back of him

Couldn't believe he wasn't sent off several times, seemed like even the officials were afraid of his reaction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]England win:...yeah we won...

England lose: we didn't lose... Tottenham did
    [/font]

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

9rh7pd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lucky, but it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't trying his arse off.

• Advertisement

Ramsey didn't even intentionally assist!
    One of his major downfalls at Arsenal, Greed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chesney having a good game for Poland. Rumours he might have another season out on loan, wouldn't do him any harm imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Chesney having a good game for Poland. Rumours he might have another season out on loan, wouldn't do him any harm imo.

I'd love him to be the long term successor of Petr. I think he'd learn more of a year on the bench learning how to be a professional as understudy to Cech than he will spending another season on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Poleaxed his own man there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd love him to be the long term successor of Petr. I think he'd learn more of a year on the bench learning how to be a professional as understudy to Cech than he will spending another season on loan

Fair point, completely agree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Given that England are still trading on one amazing year ages ago and generally tend to sit around the top table without ever doing much, I think Arsenal may actually be, in some ways, the quintessential British team.

Also when the pressure is on, England stumble. They couldn't win a penalty shoot out to save their lives and they've NEVER won an opening game at the Euros.

We are England!

• Advertisement

Another assist for the maestro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Özil's pass for the 2nd was on a pin head. Class

With the exception of Wilshere who didnt get much time all Arsenal players have looked good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Quazzie wrote: »

Not sure where the logic is in that

Ozil pass was amazing!
    What a player!

Ramsey should take note!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ozil pass was amazing!
    What a player!

Ramsey should take note!

Well, surely most players apart from Zidane should take note.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I thought Jack looked very good in his brief England cameo. England's offside goal showed exactly what he brings to a team.

Xhaka's performance was interesting, I thought. His style reminded me of Edu. Looking forward to seeing what kind of partnerships he can develop in midfield for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ozil pass was amazing!
    What a player!

Ramsey should take note!

Ramsey got the assist for the winner for Wales.

But never mind, carry on with your pointless digs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Ol' Donie wrote: »

He didn't mean it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Like Pepe, I think Jack's cameo was very exciting. Great to see him dictate a game, he's such a capable player. Would be amazing if he can stay fit for a decent spell next season.

Rosicky starting today for the Czech's. I find that a bit annoying as an Arsenal fan, these players always seem to return just in time for international tournaments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Rosicky starting today for the Czech's. I find that a bit annoying as an Arsenal fan, these players always seem to return just in time for international tournaments

I'm delighted he finally gets to play and I get to see him play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

And "Arsenal target" Morata has missed 2 sitters so far... Perfect for us!

Scored a nice goal in a warm up game too. I think he was fit towards the end of the season, just didnt feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

cech looking good in goal , never knew he won the Czech Footballer of the Year 8 times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

keano_afc wrote: »
    Scored a nice goal in a warm up game too. I think he was fit towards the end of the season, just didnt feature.

Difficult to justify starting anybody over Ozil in that position.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

emmetlego wrote: »
    And "Arsenal target" Morata has missed 2 sitters so far... Perfect for us!

tbh He has been linked to loads of teams, Man Utd & Chelsea more recently than Arsenal iirc. Don't think he is worth the fee being mentioned but then again outside fo Vardy im not sure who could be good value this summer as things have gone mad. Veratti for example who I think is quality was linked to Man Utd for £79m today!

Saw nothing from Morata in that 60 mins to suggest he would add anything to our team

Saw nothing from Morata in that 60 mins to suggest he would add anything to our team

He was basically Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Cech concedes, Pique scores

Ol' Donie wrote: »

It was unintentional but carry on with your rose tinted argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Latest from Ranieri re Vardy. says that the player is not yet decided. But then he goes on to say "if a club can pay for all of it, you have no choice but to let him go"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone know anything of slimani from Lisbon? Apparently we are going to "hijack" Leicesters bid

wawaman wrote: »
    Anyone know anything of slimani from Lisbon? Apparently we are going to "hijack" Leicesters bid

Slimani was Algeria's standout player during the last world cup from what I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Is there a possibility that the Vardy deal is being held off until Leicester have a replacement signed ? Like if Vardy is sold then Watford and the likes will increase their asking for Deeney etc knowing Leicester are desperate and full of cash?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement