Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

domrush wrote: »
    Is there a possibility that the Vardy deal is being held off until Leicester have a replacement signed ? Like if Vardy is sold then Watford and the likes will increase their asking for Deeney etc knowing Leicester are desperate and full of cash?

Would the fact that they're showing interest in Deeney not be an alert in itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Would the fact that they're showing interest in Deeney not be an alert in itself?

Indeed. Maybe they're just interested in Deeney too, with no implications for Vardy!

Anyway, Arseboog reporting that Rodriguez has told Wolfsburg that he wants out, and that we are heavily linked with him... He's a mate of Xhaka, so it's a maybe! Also reporting that Roma want Scezney for another loan... Not sure about that to be honest, I'd like him to do a stint as understudy to Cech and see how he gets on. He could learn a thing or 2 from the maestro!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Indeed. Maybe they're just interested in Deeney too, with no implications for Vardy!

Anyway, Arseboog reporting that Rodriguez has told Wolfsburg that he wants out, and that we are heavily linked with him... He's a mate of Xhaka, so it's a maybe! Also reporting that Roma want Scezney for another loan... Not sure about that to be honest, I'd like him to do a stint as understudy to Cech and see how he gets on. He could learn a thing or 2 from the maestro!

Didn't they get 100 million for winning the EPL.
    Anyone they inquire into is going to be priced upwards.
    It would be natural to want to strengthen the squad for next season and the CL.

I think Chez should return and be part of the squad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I don't think its down to the availability of cash - more to do with their bargaining power if they have let their top striker go. At the moment its up in the air, so they have a little bit better bargaining power when talking to other clubs.

If Vardy were gone already, any selling club could simply sit back and point out that Leicester are down a striker and need to up their bid, lest they be left with no leading striker to lead their line.

Pter wrote: »
    I don't think its down to the availability of cash - more to do with their bargaining power if they have let their top striker go. At the moment its up in the air, so they have a little bit better bargaining power when talking to other clubs.

If Vardy were gone already, any selling club could simply sit back and point out that Leicester are down a striker and need to up their bid, lest they be left with no leading striker to lead their line.

Look at it from the point of view of the potential replacement though.
    He could force a move from his club to be the new top man with the champions.
    Its all psychology and swings and roundabouts. Little to be gained or lost.
    Too much emphasis on money on these threads. If you've got it flaunt it.

• Advertisement

If you've got it flaunt it.

That sounds very like our old friend here that loved Giroud! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Mkhitaryan sister just followed us on LinkedIn dropping a hint maybe ?? :) She works for UEFA doesnt follow a single club .... bar us :)

link : http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/14/henrikh-mkhitaryans-sister-drops-hint-dortmund-star-will-reject-manchester-united-to-sign-for-arsenal-5943440/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its great watching some neutral football and forgetting about all this transfer bollocks for a while

Its great watching some neutral football and forgetting about all this transfer bollocks for a while

Judging by Ibras press conference Sunday it would seem players have parked transfer talks understandably for next few weeks too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

domrush wrote: »
    Is there a possibility that the Vardy deal is being held off until Leicester have a replacement signed ? Like if Vardy is sold then Watford and the likes will increase their asking for Deeney etc knowing Leicester are desperate and full of cash?

This always baffles me. Do you really think that if you could see through a plan like that, the selling club wouldn't see it too?

Its like 'Tottenham can't sell Bale til they get replacements' lol like they didn't get rinsed regardless, everyone knew what was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's a release clause, so any delay would be on Vardy's end - Leicester don't have a choice.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Two goals for Sanchez last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

wawaman wrote: »

Start should be ok, but that ending :eek: We better have it wrapped up early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

jester77 wrote: »
    Start should be ok, but that ending :eek: We better have it wrapped up early :)

Win the league at WHL followed by a guard of honour by Mourinho and Utd !!

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

https://twitter.com/fkhanage/status/742994573509730304

If God were real, he'd make this happen.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Two goals for Sanchez last night.

First one was a thing of beauty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Sporting CP report they rejected a bid from us for Islam Slimani.

27 year old Algerian. 47 goals in 80 for Sporting.

Knowing everything about him as I do now from 5 mins on youtube, I say 'meh'.

Seems like a decent finisher but in the Giroud/Morata mould.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2 MOTMS for Xhaka. Looking like an excellent purchase. Defensively minded but with fantastic passing ability

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

greendom wrote: »
    2 MOTMS for Xhaka. Looking like an excellent purchase. Defensively minded but with fantastic passing ability

He was impressive, very composed and always looking forward...going to be a good addition by the looks of things

• Advertisement

Looks like a fantastic addition.
    +1 Wenger!

Interesting to see Giroud score again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Bilic defending Giroud on ITV

Very impressed with him.
    Great tackler, no nonsense, good engine and great passer.
    Just what we needed.

Giroud booed off after a pretty inept display. Had 1 good chance and a couple of half chances, but fluffed at them all. Gignac coming on got a great reception. Probably a geographic reason more than anything, but still, shows the indifference that the French have for OG!

It was his supply more than anything in the first half. I didn't see enough of the 2nd to comment

Yeah, disappointing showing from Giroud.
    Xhaka older brother doesn't look so hot playing for Albania.

Had my doubts about us signing Xhaka , but man he looks serious !! composed , tackling is A1 , passing is unbelievable , Very defensive minded but also looking forward at the same time , engine on him that never runs out of gas .....

As much as id admire coquelin this guy is way above class :)

cannot wait to see him next year , and am confident he will adapt to the PL :)

Quiet, innit! I see Roy Hodgson is a Gooner and he's resting Jack and Jamie for our new season!

Some of the twitteratti are linking us with a move for Mario Gotze... Click bait no doubt, but at least it's news!

Ramsey hounding Delle Alli on every opportunity and getting right up his nose :D love it!

• Advertisement

Ramsey hounding Delle Alli on every opportunity and getting right up his nose :D love it!

Yeah, he's reminding me of Alexis here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Arsenal's Jamez Vardez just equalised for England! - found it on twitter lool!

Vardy our new 'Fox in the box'? :p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/arsenal/fixtures

New fixture list released yesterday folks
    ..our pals the Pool first up at home then a visit to Leicester where vardy will be reunited with his old teammates :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/arsenal/fixtures

New fixture list released yesterday folks
    ..our pals the Pool first up at home then a visit to Leicester where vardy will be reunited with his old teammates :p

Has this thread gone back in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »

maybe the internet is a bit slower out in Tipp! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

maybe the internet is a bit slower out in Tipp! :)

Considering they keep voting for Lowry slow internet really is the least of their problems.

In some breaking news, Archduke Franz Ferdinand has been shot and mortally wounded, this could have profound future effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

emmetlego wrote: »
    In some breaking news, Archduke Franz Ferdinand has been shot and mortally wounded, this could have profound future effects.

Nah mate, nobody would care their music is shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Rosicky with one of his beautiful outside of the boot passes set up a stunning header for Czech Republic. That's his signature move at this stage.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Rosicky just did his hamstring. Poor lad. :-(

• Advertisement

quality assist from Rosicky , ( Are you watching Ozil ;) ) hope hes not out for too long .

Don't count on it just yet lads.
    Price has risen to £30m.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3343785-arsenal-suffer-jamie-vardy-transfer-blow-as-release-clause-rises-to-30m
    For a final overall cost to Arsenal of £57m.

Think I can rely on Wenger to Pffffffffttttttt at that for an already peaked striker.

We need an injury free workhorse up front :) like Welbz :) vardy would be ok for a season or 2 IMO :) Morata looked good for spain tonight :) but somehow reminds me of a lazy Giroud that will pluck a goal if givin the chance :)

Price has risen to £30m.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3343785-arsenal-suffer-jamie-vardy-transfer-blow-as-release-clause-rises-to-30m

Think I can rely on Wenger to Pffffffffttttttt at that for an already peaked striker.

Not sure what stalled it before the euros but that may have been the end of it.

If everyone wanted it to happen, it would have happened then.

Either Vardy is playing the field or we are.

Ospina had a good Copa last night, saving a peno in the shootout against Peru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Price has risen to £30m.

Whatever about the contract, I'd rather he tried to spend £60m on Higuain or Aubameyang than £30m on Vardy. £20m was even a bit much, but just about OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Even watching Morata again yesterday, I know he got 2 goals but I dont think he would be an upgrade on Giroud at all, very similar style of playe, rather we went extra and bought Aubameyang at this stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can't see why the Vardy figure would be changed for Arsenal as that link states that the 20m release had to be triggered before the 3rd of June, Surely it would be the bid Arsenal made which would have triggered that not Vardies acceptance of a contract offer. Therefore the delay should not change anything

However if anyone else was to bid now it would cost them 30m assuming the above is true

Considering they keep voting for Lowry slow internet really is the least of their problems.

Enough of the Tipp battering :pac: I missed where it was listed. Were they announced Thursday or Wednesday?

Franz Ferdinand shot :eek: ? This could mean war?! :pac:

Can't see why the Vardy figure would be changed for Arsenal as that link states that the 20m release had to be triggered before the 3rd of June, Surely it would be the bid Arsenal made which would have triggered that not Vardies acceptance of a contract offer. Therefore the delay should not change anything

However if anyone else was to bid now it would cost them 30m assuming the above is true

Yeah, the article linked only says that it had to be triggered, which it was. There's another article that says the deal had to be done before that date.

I think that the deal is either done, but not announced, or it won't happen at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement