Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He is very often bullied by defenders, I don't think hes all that athletic, or hes just very bad at using his strength. Anyway, I don't believe anyone with his athleticism could become a world class striker, hence my comment (if a bit hyperbolic).

wawaman wrote: »
    F*ck vardy, this deal always felt iffy for the start, club can't be blamed if the player they bid for lacks ambition

I don't mind him staying with Leicester or moving elsewhere instead but deliberating for a few weeks....he's not messi

G'wan Rambo you beaut! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

G'wan Rambo you beaut! :D

Great finish. Think he will be shifted out to the right next season and I think he will do very well

Vardy has pace though lads!
    It's hard to backup pace with goals and composure, and he does.
    Did you see his run there to get to the ball before goalie and defenders.
    He would score a **** load in his first season at Arsenal
    Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey having a stormer. Jack having a stinker.

Vardy putting some shift in.
    Defending with pace.

The more I see of him the more I think we lose out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Feel sorry for Jack but he really can't complain about being pulled

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Vardy putting some shift in.
    Defending with pace.

The more I see of him the more I think we lose out.

With him and giroud would give us great options, I think we've been missing that pacey counter attacking option like vardy especially in the later stages of the champions league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Fever Pitch on TCM. Always worth a watch.

• Advertisement

That game played out like plenty at the Emirates. Team defending deep and in numbers. Vardy, despite all his endeavours had no joy and missed his one clear-cut chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Rambo staring down at all the also rans from the top of the assist table at the Euros. Get in.

Now, you may argue that the fact that no one else has managed more than one assist makes this a little hollow.

But I say NAY, next season is ours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Ramsey having a stormer. Jack having a stinker.

Bet you're delighted.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Rambo staring down at all the also rans from the top of the assist table at the Euros. Get in.

Now, you may argue that the fact that no one else has managed more than one assist makes this a little hollow.

But I say NAY, next season is ours!

Delighted for Ramsey. Excellent finish for his goal and great vision to put Bale through

MOTM too!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Christ anyone see the Chile rout on mexico?! 7-0 thriller! Hope Sanchez can keep that form up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Kobe248 wrote: »
    Its easy to big up the cool players abroad though.

Icardi has been called out by Maradonna of all people about his lack of class

That says a lot about the lad tbh

Even on field he isn't that good. He is a good goal scorer but his overall game is very average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ramsey mutilated Russia last night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mansize wrote: »

Didn't watch it, but it was apparently his best performance for Wales. Delighted that they got to send Russia home as well.

Joe Allen looked like a world beater. Let's just bear that in mind.

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »

Francis Jeffers would have mutilated them aswell.
    They didn't look bothered to defend!

Joe Allen looked like a world beater. Let's just bear that in mind.

To his credit he has been terrific. Not a world class player but certainly a honest wholehearted one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Özil should have a hat trick of assists and we're only ten minutes into the second half. It's not just Arsenal forwards that are lacklustre at finishing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's interesting looking at this tournament.

England team aside, which forwards would you take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »

When it gets to the knock-out stages we'll know more.
    Teams just going through the motions now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Welsh fella Bale seems to be working well with our Rambo.

Might be worth a spot on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bet you're delighted.

Yup delighted Ramsey is having a top tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Jedvaj the CB looks very composed and solid in defense for Croatia tonight. Only 20 years old aswell. Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Jedvaj the CB looks very composed and solid in defense for Croatia tonight. Only 20 years old aswell. Very impressive

He sure is, but I'd really like to make judgement on players in the knock out stages, there's a lot of shadow boxing going on in games where both sides have more or less qualified already! What I have been assured of, despite Madrid calling him ashore, I'm not sold on Morata at all!

Very impressed with Croatia. Might have a wee wager on them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wenger tipped them as his dark horses before the tournament. He still knows a bit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Considering Modric was missing and 4 other changes it was mighty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I was going to throw a few quid on them at 25/1 pre tournament, and didn't get round to it. They're 8/1 now :rolleyes:

I was going to throw a few quid on them at 25/1 pre tournament, and didn't get round to it. They're 8/1 now :rolleyes:

Modric, Manzukic and a few others to come back too. 8/1 attracts me still.

Modric, Manzukic and a few others to come back too. 8/1 attracts me still.

Yeah all the big hitters are on the other side of the draw, so I'm still going to do it.

Yeah all the big hitters are on the other side of the draw, so I'm still going to do it.

Italy at 7/5 tomorrow looks a steal too. It's hard to back against your own though.

Italy at 7/5 tomorrow looks a steal too. It's hard to back against your own though.

RsI9t.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Özil should have a hat trick of assists and we're only ten minutes into the second half. It's not just Arsenal forwards that are lacklustre at finishing!

That little dink pass to Muller in the first half was sublime, he had me fearing for my life yesterday. Finished with 99% pass accuracy :eek:

Check out @Mozorla19's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Mozorla19/status/745395645129854976?s=09

Brilliant!

Owen is such a clown. How the hell did he get to be a pundit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Populist pundits are more popular than informed ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    Check out @Mozorla19's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Mozorla19/status/745395645129854976?s=09

Brilliant!

Owen is such a clown. How the hell did he get to be a pundit?

A man without a clue on anything. Punditry must be the safest job in the world, apart form the civil service. He should be sacked, but there's no way he will be.

What way is 3rd place qualification working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

What way is 3rd place qualification working?

by points then goal differences.

top 4 out of 6 3rd place teams will go through.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2016/2016/third-place-at-euro-2016-how-it-works-who-plays-whom-and-who-will-qualify-for-the-last-16_sto5651583/story.shtml

there's a table there we (Ireland) need to win tonight as a draw won't be enough (2 points and our goal difference is too big)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

5star02707 wrote: »
    by points then goal differences.

top 4 out of 6 3rd place teams will go through.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2016/2016/third-place-at-euro-2016-how-it-works-who-plays-whom-and-who-will-qualify-for-the-last-16_sto5651583/story.shtml

there's a table there we (Ireland) need to win tonight as a draw won't be enough (2 points and our goal difference is too big)

Goal difference doesn't even come into it. Too many teams already have 3 points so a draw leaves us out of contention.

Does anybody find international football more appealing than club football?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Sometimes, I think the buzz of everyone supporting the same team is exciting. World cup 2002 was the most exciting footballing time I can remember for example.

However most international teams play clunky soulless football which is terrible to watch. The amount of draws is incredibly boring as well.

domrush wrote: »
    Sometimes, I think the buzz of everyone supporting the same team is exciting. World cup 2002 was the most exciting footballing time I can remember for example.

However most international teams play clunky soulless football which is terrible to watch. The amount of draws is incredibly boring as well.
    2002 was great with the weird timezone. I don't remember '94 that well so 2002 is the only one I've been around for with a weird timezone. It felt like a proper "event" rather than just something in the evening.

Yes because players give their all for their country and wages and club stature are irrelevant.

Yes because players give their all for their country and wages and club stature are irrelevant.

Let me rephrase it, does anybody enjoy watching/following international football as opposed to club football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I enjoy watching international football but some of the football that's played can be atrocious, watching Ireland playing can be like like watching a league 1 team sometimes. Far prefer the faster pace that club football is played at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement