Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Coquelin is suspended.

Is he suspended from both the league and the cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Is he suspended from both the league and the cup?
    Yeah FA cup games are included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

5star02707 wrote: »
    saw arteta on training pics too he could be on the bench tonight? If we somehow win tonight it'll be another FA Cup game on the weekends.

Arteta was a great player and one of my favourites. However he is past it now. The last time he played he looked like one of Fr Ted's over 70 team he has got so slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is the match on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is the match on TV?

Eurosport are showing it here in Germany, not sure if they have the same schedule in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

BT Sport 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

jester77 wrote: »
    Eurosport are showing it here in Germany, not sure if they have the same schedule in the UK

Really? Oh, thank you for that. Great news.

Now, i don't care if some people are determined to run it down, 3 cups in a row would be magic.

Plus, I think we may have copped ourselves on against Spurs (Coq aside). I think the rest of this season is gonna be pretty good.*

Very much looking forward to tonight.

*not the CL. That doesn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The Cup is no substitute for the League so I don't really care what team he sends out. The League is where it's at.
    We will probably get a very strong team anyway as Wenger might think another Cup win will keep the fans off his back. It won't. though.

Lads. The league is gone. For us to win it we've to win 7 out of our last 9. That's even allowing for Leicester to lose 4 and win 5...bearing in mind Leicester have only lost two all season. Tottenham are most likely to catch them. Do you really think after everything we've seen this season that we are capable of winning 7 out of 9? That's best case scenario.

The league is gone. Let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Lads. The league is gone. For us to win it we've to win 7 out of our last 9. That's even allowing for Leicester to lose 4 and win 5...bearing in mind Leicester have only lost two all season. Tottenham are most likely to catch them. Do you really think after everything we've seen this season that we are capable of winning 7 out of 9? That's best case scenario.

I see what you're trying to do here ;)

I agree, the league Is over, we have no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Now, i don't care if some people are determined to run it down, 3 cups in a row would be magic.

Plus, I think we may have copped ourselves on against Spurs (Coq aside). I think the rest of this season is gonna be pretty good.*

Very much looking forward to tonight.

*not the CL. That doesn't count.

Of course it would be, normally. Not if Leicester or worse, Spurs win the title. FA cup will mean sweet FA (pun intended!) in that scenario.

I've been saying it's gone for ages now. We were not playing well enough and consistent enough.

I've been saying it's gone for ages now. We were not playing well enough and consistent enough.

Jesus, you say it every three posts!

Jesus, you say it every three posts!

As opposed to your "Wenger is infallible" posts.:pac:

As opposed to your "Wenger is infallible" posts.:pac:

Aye aye aye.

Not getting into now. Not infallible, but still the best man for the job, is what I would have said. And I still say that.

Can we agree we all love a daycent bag of bleedin Tayto? Can we agree on that?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

but still the best man for the job, is what I would have said. And I still say that.

WHAT!?!?!?

:confused:

But ya, lets not get into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Cup is no substitute for the League so I don't really care what team he sends out. The League is where it's at.
    We will probably get a very strong team anyway as Wenger might think another Cup win will keep the fans off his back. It won't. though.

It's not a substitute. Still nice to win tho. Especially 3 in a row!

Cup is all there's left to play for. That's the best we can do in March apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think we're at the stage where Leicester have to throw it away.

That said, one dodgy result for them in the next couple of games will heap pressure on. The problem is we need to take 3 points from every match and that's the unlikely bit.

But with my positive hat on, a slip would put pressure on Leicester and you could see easily how they'd have a wobble in the run in.

However with my realistic hat on. We could be playing a relegated team fielding teenagers on the last day and if it was for the title we'd find a way to blow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thats the problem. The team dont have the belief. Even Sanchez said it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

gosplan wrote: »

However with my realistic hat on. We could be playing a relegated team fielding teenagers on the last day and if it was for the title we'd find a way to blow it.

You've been studyng the fixture list, we've Villa at home on the last day, could be useful to make up goal difference.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Thats the problem. The team dont have the belief. Even Sanchez said it.

Any source for this? Be interested to see what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Don't count us out of the league.

I might go and throw a tenner on a remarkable run of results leaving us only needing to draw with Villa at home to win the league.

And then losing.

Own goal most likely. Maybe a peno. Defo a red or two.

:D

gosplan wrote: »
    I think we're at the stage where Leicester have to throw it away.

That said, one dodgy result for them in the next couple of games will heap pressure on. The problem is we need to take 3 points from every match and that's the unlikely bit.

But with my positive hat on, a slip would put pressure on Leicester and you could see easily how they'd have a wobble in the run in.

I still don't quite fancy Leicester to win it tbh.
    At the same time, let's be "optimistic" and say we get 25/27 points for the rest of the season which would bring us to 77 points. For other teams to get there they need:
    Leicester - 17/27
    Spurs - 22/27
    City 27/30

There has been absolutely nothing to suggest we're about to go on such a run of form and if we were to do so we need other teams not to have form. Us v City is the only match left among the top 4 so no 6 pointers or double-points dropped for the other side. 4th should be safe, 3rd is probably the height of what we can do, we'll need City to not find form for that to happen I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Strong bench

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'd like to see a lot of changes from Wenger tonight. The cup should not be our priority. I reckon we'll line up like this.

Ospina
    Chambers Gab Mert Gibbs
    Elneny Coq
    Campbell iwobi Walcott
    Giroud

Close enough :D

Flamini in for Coquelin as others said here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What is a "Chris Willock"?

5star02707 wrote: »
    Strong bench

Can you bet on first substitute I wonder?

Ramsey for Walcott might be a good bet.

A positive result would be a another shot of confidence in what's going to be a tough league run in, not to mention ahead of that little game at the nou camp. 2 more wins and we're in Wembley and that's always a good thing in my book.

• Advertisement

Can you bet on first substitute I wonder?

Ramsey for Walcott might be a good bet.

60 minutes. :P

60 minutes. :P

69 minutes. Wenger loves his sexual innuendos.

Classic Walcott

Good finish despite the offside

3000 Arsenal fans, fair fcuks to them

I hate this pitch. It's always destroyed. Kip

Basil3 wrote: »
    Classic Walcott

I hate this pitch. It's always destroyed. Kip

Was actually gonna say it's like a rugby pitch even before I saw it...

Jesus Campbell and Chambers.

• Advertisement

Rugby league played there

omega man wrote: »

How can the club ever aspire to play a better standard of football when they've to play on that. The ball can't even be played straight along the ground.

Ah Campbell that was poor

How can the club ever aspire to play a better standard of football when they've to play on that. The ball can't even be played straight along the ground.

#MagicOfTheCup

I'm a big Rugby League fan so my last comment was a tongue-in-cheek comment about a tongue-in-cheek comment I was going to make. :pac:

I'm a big Rugby League fan so my last comment was a tongue-in-cheek comment about a tongue-in-cheek comment I was going to make. :pac:

Sorry about that, awful sport. It's no Union........

• Advertisement

Sorry about that, awful sport. It's no Union........

You're right, the ball can stay in play for more than 20 seconds before someone kicks it into touch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

How is the game playing out so far ?

Bret Hart wrote: »
    How is the game playing out so far ?

Arsenal with all the ball, doing nothing with it.

Seems familiar.

Why would they not put a bandage around Mert's head?

Tower 1 collides with Tower 10. Both down. Saw it before somewhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement