Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Neither here nor there, "average" still better than what Walcott and ox give. Campbell is the type of guy who would run through a brick wall for you. Walcott on the other hand... What game was it where he jumped out of the tackle, the really embarrassing one. Spurs?

There's so many I can't remember,but everyone knows how I feel about that clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Andip wrote: »
    Will Napoli sell to Juve.....I guess maybe if the money is right, but I can't imagine it's a happy choice

Probably not but its probably like Dortmund and Bayern. Di Marzio hasnt gotten anything right for Arsenal since 2013.

Higuain was the perfect striker for us. Lacazette would be a very meh signing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Higuain was the perfect striker for us. Lacazette would be a very meh signing now.

Beggars, choosers etc. I'll happily take either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If there prepared to spend that much it surely means United have Pogba in the bag aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Bonkers move by Wenger to push Campbell out yet hold on to Ox and Walcott. He may not be world class but is far ahead of those 2 and definitely good enough to be kept around the squad. Wengers treatment of him all along has been very odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Maybe its something we're not seeing in training or something a bad attitude or something similar

wonga77 wrote: »
    Bonkers move by Wenger to push Campbell out yet hold on to Ox and Walcott. He may not be world class but is far ahead of those 2 and definitely good enough to be kept around the squad. Wengers treatment of him all along has been very odd

I dunno. Solid player, had some good games. I think he has an eye for a pass, and works hard, but is limited physically. Lacks pace, and looks like his legs are wooden after playing for too long.

The only things the Ox and Theo have over him is pace and being English, and maybe Wenger values those attributes more than having another fairly skillful midfield type player....who knows.

Maybe its something we're not seeing in training or something a bad attitude or something similar

Very possibly but usually these things leak out and Ive never heard anything like that mentioned, I remember hearing before that Alex Song had a bad attitude and used to be late for training etc,
    Basil3 wrote: »
    I dunno. Solid player, had some good games. I think he has an eye for a pass, and works hard, but is limited physically. Lacks pace, and looks like his legs are wooden after playing for too long.

The only things the Ox and Theo have over him is pace and being English, and maybe Wenger values those attributes more than having another fairly skillful midfield type player....who knows.

Limited yes but didnt leave himself down in any of the few chances he got, remember the crowd booing Wenger when he took him off against Swansea?

Meanwhile Theo and Ox get chance after chance after chance. This annoys me greatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So some lads think i'm being pessimistic for thinking that Wenger won't buy a striker ???
    He failed to do so in two windows last season and we with long term injured strikers yet i'm the one being pessimistic.

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Agree with Walcott and Ox being wasters but wasn't a quality player, average at best

He showed more guts, determination and quality in his few appearances last season than Walcott and Chamberlian have shown in their entire time with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Apparently Campbell has been told to find another club.

And to think hes twice the player Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain are. Absolutely ridiculous.

So some lads think i'm being pessimistic for thinking that Wenger won't buy a striker ???
    He failed to do so in two windows last season and we with long term injured strikers yet i'm the one being pessimistic.

If we go into the season without signing a first choice striker Wenger will be lynched and rightly so. Thats a sackable offence in itself.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can still be right even if you're being pessimistic you know :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    And to think hes twice the player Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain are. Absolutely ridiculous.

Come on. Walcott was playing really well before he did his ACL, and he hasn't been able to return to form. It's a shame.

Campbell is a decent player, but I don't think he will ever be more than a squad player. I'm not bothered if he leaves, as long as someone better comes in.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    If we go into the season without signing a first choice striker Wenger will be lynched and rightly so. Thats a sackable offence in itself.

He wasn't sacked when he did it last season. I can't ever see him being sacked either.

Come on. Walcott was playing really well before he did his ACL, and he hasn't been able to return to form. It's a shame.

Campbell is a decent player, but I don't think he will ever be more than a squad player. I'm not bothered if he leaves, as long as someone better comes in.
    Campbell works his socks off and is fully committed to the jersey. Can you say the same about Walcott? Reminds me of a young kid playing his first game of football when he comes on, just prancing around the place afraid to get stuck in or make a mistake.

You can be pessimistic, that's fine. Very understandable even, it's Arsenal.

It's conspiracy ****e like this that annoys me:
    It's all being orchestrated to keep the fans fooled and have them thinking we are actually in the market for a striker when the truth is we're not.

Why would the club bother their holes doing that? What does it achieve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why would the club bother their holes doing that? What does it achieve?

They hire PR staff to literally do nothing but this.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    They hire PR staff to literally do nothing but this.

PR staff to spread spurious rumours that we're signing players?

Again, nobody has answered me. What does that achieve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Higuain on the cover of three Italian newspapers tomorrow: http://www.football-italia.net/todayspapers/87371

Ah well. Exciting while it lasted.

I can't believe we're being outbid by Juve. It's one thing when it's oil money shooting us out of the market, but Juve's finances are well below ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I can't believe we're being outbid by Juve. It's one thing when it's oil money shooting us out of the market, but Juve's finances are well below ours.

Has there ever been a reliable source that we were in for him in the first place? Even now, are any of these sources that say he is going to Juve reliable?

What about the Campbell story? Morata? Lacazette?

The only story that had any basis from what I can tell so far this year was Vardy. Other than that it sounds like the usual Metro/Twitter spin the wheel and match the player to the club type rumours that drive everyone insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just pay the fcuking money. Sick of this shiit.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Has there ever been a reliable source that we were in for him in the first place? Even now, are any of these sources that say he is going to Juve reliable?

What about the Campbell story? Morata? Lacazette?

The only story that had any basis from what I can tell so far this year was Vardy. Other than that it sounds like the usual Metro/Twitter spin the wheel and match the player to the club type rumours that drive everyone insane.
    We need a top quality striker. At the moment he is probably the pinnacle of what's available. If we aren't in for him then even more serious questions need to be asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

We need a top quality striker. At the moment he is probably the pinnacle of what's available. If we aren't in for him then even more serious questions need to be asked.

What has that even remotely got to do with what I posted?

Juve sell Pogba to United at €120m+. Juve pay €94m release fee for Higuain. That's all that's really happening, if it does happen.

I'm not hugely bothered, if we bring in two players of real quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think this is just big news in Itsly cause it's Juve. No more to it than the story about us.

Edit: Napoli have come out and said it's made up

Juve sell Pogba to United at €120m+. Juve pay €94m release fee for Higuain. That's all that's really happening, if it does happen.

I'm not hugely bothered, if we bring in two players of real quality.

And if we dont?

wonga77 wrote: »
    And if we dont?
    Well then I'd wager it'll be another year of scraping top 4. With so many top managers, and them all having inflated budgets, it's not unreasonable to predict that we don't fulfill our top 4 target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

farna_boy wrote: »

David Ornstein said about a month ago that Higuain was our top priority and he's about as reliable as these twitter lads get but it could still be a load of old waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    David Ornstein said about a month ago that Higuain was our top priority and he's about a
    a

s reliable as they come ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

greendom wrote: »
    s reliable as they come ?

You got it haha me and touch screens.

Beggars, choosers etc. I'll happily take either.
    How many hundred million is the annual revenue? Amazing we're still beggars.
    PR staff to spread spurious rumours that we're signing players?

Again, nobody has answered me. What does that achieve?
    Are you new here? Every year the same blind/naive/brainwashed people come out with "we tried". Hell, even in this thread in the last month "it's good to see we're trying to get business done early". Get the tickets sold, keep enough idiots placated, keep leveraging the club to keep finances elsewhere sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So when are we all meeting up for pints and a match so we can all shout at eachother!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    David Ornstein said about a month ago that Higuain was our top priority and he's about as reliable as these twitter lads get but it could still be a load of old waffle.

Pretty sure he never said this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

So when are we all meeting up for pints and a match so we can all shout at eachother!?

I can't go I'm afraid, because I'd probably end up lumping the head off some posters for years of ****e :)

Soups123 wrote: »
    I can't go I'm afraid, because I'd probably end up lumping the head off some posters for years of ****e :)
    Chicken.

That would be the fear alright, I'm pretty sure we could all put our differences aside though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Chicken.

Yes pettle?

• Advertisement

Yes pettle?

Have a knock.

That would be the fear alright, I'm pretty sure we could all put our differences aside though :cool:
    You would say that

You would say that

Have a knock.

Have a knock.
    I don't get it. :P

How many hundred million is the annual revenue? Amazing we're still beggars.

Are you new here? Every year the same blind/naive/brainwashed people come out with "we tried". Hell, even in this thread in the last month "it's good to see we're trying to get business done early". Get the tickets sold, keep enough idiots placated, keep leveraging the club to keep finances elsewhere sorted.

Oh, so it's the tired old "pretend to sign a player during season ticket renewal time" argument.

You know Arsenal have an 8-10 year waiting list for season tickets? They don't need to rely on tenuous links to players to sell them.

Meant to add that the tweet is well dated but has been rehashed several times. Either way, im not sure about any twitter people that claim to be in the know, It seems that everyone and anyone on social media seems to know something that others dont.

Thats from 2013

Yeah sorry didnt explain myself, just before anyone would think we were looking at Rooney :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh, so it's the tired old "pretend to sign a player during season ticket renewal time" argument.

You know Arsenal have an 8-10 year waiting list for season tickets? They don't need to rely on tenuous links to players to sell them.
    What's the 8-10 years based on exactly? I'm assuming it's based on how many typically get freed up each year, i.e., a tiny amount. It would take a small economic downturn for that 8-10 years to become 1 year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement