Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Do ye think Pogba will go to Utd? Insane money being quoted and I dont think hes worth that kinda dough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I don't get it. :P

You would say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    David Ornstein said about a month ago that Higuain was our top priority and he's about as reliable as these twitter lads get but it could still be a load of old waffle.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure he never said this
    wonga77 wrote: »
    Thats from 2013

So to clarify; David Ornstein has not said that Higuain is our top priority this summer. He said it 3 years ago. This ****ing thread.

So to clarify; David Ornstein has not said that Higuain is our top priority this summer. He said it 3 years ago. This ****ing thread.

Have a knock. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What's the 8-10 years based on exactly? I'm assuming it's based on how many typically get freed up each year, i.e., a tiny amount. It would take a small economic downturn for that 8-10 years to become 1 year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/28odic/after_11_years_waiting_i_am_now_an_arsenal_season/

For an example - they waited 11 years, others see to be in the 8 year ballpark. Seems to be the general numbers anyway, from looking around. 80,000 in the queue - that's huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Why are we posting old rumours. Bad enough we are posting new ones

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Why are we posting old rumours. Bad enough we are posting new ones

It's the rumour thread unfortunately it's in the name.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/28odic/after_11_years_waiting_i_am_now_an_arsenal_season/

For an example - they waited 11 years, others see to be in the 8 year ballpark. Seems to be the general numbers anyway, from looking around. 80,000 in the queue - that's huge.
    Yes, it is. However some of those people will have moved away, had families, died, got married etc. How many of them would pay up tomorrow is the important thing. A downturn in the economy and results and there'll be a massive fall in that figure. Well, they'll probably turn down the ticket but remain on the list.

Yes, it is. However some of those people will have moved away, had families, died, got married etc. How many of them would pay up tomorrow is the important thing. A downturn in the economy and results and there'll be a massive fall in that figure. Well, they'll probably turn down the ticket but remain on the list.

Surely we can agree that there's enough people in the waiting list that selling season tickets is nowhere near being a concern for the club, at least to not have to resort to pretending to sign players.

Surely we can agree that there's enough people in the waiting list that selling season tickets is nowhere near being a concern for the club, at least to not have to resort to pretending to sign players.

It does sound ridiculous, but our stadium is rarely full despite how difficult it is to get a ticket because apparently they're in high demand, but evidently not.

• Advertisement

Grand, they're just incredibly awkward at signing players.

And if we dont?

I'd be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Now this is something I could get on board with.

https://twitter.com/OliPriceBates/status/753905370637164544

It does sound ridiculous, but our stadium is rarely full despite how difficult it is to get a ticket because apparently they're in high demand, but evidently not.

The season tickets are still sold though. People not turning up is another thing.
    Grand, they're just incredibly awkward at signing players.

Won't argue with that :D

Now this is something I could get on board with.

https://twitter.com/OliPriceBates/status/753905370637164544

Don't know much about him but he averages over a goal a game so i'm on board!

Joel looking very happy for a guy who's been told to leave

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/753908043188842496

Don't know much about him but he averages over a goal a game so i'm on board!

Not sure about him either - but it seems like he scored 18 goals in 38 appearances for AC last year. And he is 30 in September.
    I think i'd rather see us go for Lacazette or someone.
    Although beggars cant be choosers, so he's for sure better than nothing

I think Bacca would be a good option, he's nearly 30 but still has a few years in him, got a very good goal scoring record. He cost AC Milan 30 odd million last year

I think Bacca would be a good option, he's nearly 30 but still has a few years in him, got a very good goal scoring record. He cost AC Milan 30 odd million last year

Yea and at £26M we could still possibly invest in a winger too

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Yea and at £26M we could still possibly invest in a winger too

That was my thinking too. Himself and Draxler could be good business.

• Advertisement

Need a CB really bad as well lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Basil3 wrote: »
    Joel looking very happy for a guy who's been told to leave

Gab looks like he's thinking "If there weren't loads of cameras around, I'd deck you for that!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Apologies I'm not on twitter so the date didn't stand out to me, I Googled David Ornstein the other day and that tweet was the first result so now even Google are using click bait haha

Gnabry's in the German Olympic Squad

Gnabry's in the German Olympic Squad

Good. A tournament in a different climate might bring him on especially if he can play well. I rate Gnabry myself but he's still a bit raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I see Wilshere has returned early from his holidays to join in Arsenal training, despite being allowed extra time off after being with England in the Euros. One thing we can't fault in that kid is his attitude towards the club!

emmetlego wrote: »
    I see Wilshere has returned early from his holidays to join in Arsenal training, despite being allowed extra time off after being with England in the Euros. One thing we can't fault in that kid is his attitude towards the club!

He's a real footballer, everyone else whinging because they only have a month off...

He's a real footballer, everyone else whinging because they only have a month off...

TBF he's hardly suffering from football burnout over the last year....

Fair play to him coming back but the lad only played 257 minutes for club and country last season. Not his fault but he has to have a decent preseason this year. Credit to him still though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll take extra holidays in the middle of the season to make up for it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll take extra holidays in the middle of the season to make up for it.

Such a cunty comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Such a cunty comment.
    Well that's pleasant!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Quazzie wrote: »

Well played sir well played:)

We never have our business done early to let players bed in. This stat is remarkable if true.

https://twitter.com/KeenosAFC/status/753986040118054913

We never have our business done early to let players bed in. This stat is remarkable if true.

Wait for the excuses...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

How many senior outfield players have we signed afterwards, excluding January?

Last minute signings drive me mad too. Just wondering

L'prof wrote: »
    How many senior outfield players have we signed afterwards, excluding January?

Last minute signings drive me mad too. Just wondering

From a quick check, I found 13 signed in mid to late August since we moved to the Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Giroud to return to pre season the week before our opening fixture.

Wenger needs to get the finger out with regard to transfers. Said it a few weeks ago but was shot down for being negative as it was still 'early days'.

Hope he pulls something out of the bag soon as players need time to integrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So Kantè is off to Chelsea for 32 million. I'm so utterly sick of this shît now. A player we need, don't make the BS excuses, our team would be massively better with him in the side, instead he's off to on of our rivals. We only buy bargain basement players from other premier league clubs. I'm done.

Bold Yin wrote: »
    So Kantè is off to Chelsea for 32 million. I'm so utterly sick of this shît now. A player we need, don't make the BS excuses, our team would be massively better with him in the side, instead he's off to on of our rivals. We only buy bargain basement players from other premier league clubs. I'm done.

Delighted we didnt sign Kante. We already have that player profile in the squad (Coquelin). We need someone who can distribute from deep like Xhaka, not another work horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Delighted we didnt sign Kante. We already have that player profile in the squad (Coquelin). We need someone who can distribute from deep like Xhaka, not another work horse.

Not an attack on you or anything but I'm sick of reading rubbish like this. If there was rumours going around that we were signing Kantè we would all be delighted, league winner, probably Leicesters best player last year...what a f*cking addition to our team! I would be anyway.

So he goes to Chelsea and it's the whole "didn't want him anyway" Shíte, we have coq... lets show some f*cking ambition maybe?

Not an attack on you or anything but I'm sick of reading rubbish like this. If there was rumours going around that we were signing Kantè we would all be delighted, league winner, probably Leicesters best player last year...what a f*cking addition to our team! I would be anyway.

So he goes to Chelsea and it's the whole "didn't want him anyway" Shíte, we have coq... lets show some f*cking ambition maybe?

Iv been saying all along that I didnt want him as I dont particularly rate him that highly so bullet dodged for me. I agree though regarding your sentiment. We have been terrible again in this window and expect nothing to change until Wenger/Ivan/Law goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

As long as we spend money elsewhere I've no problem.

You can't just keep buying players for one position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

gosplan wrote: »
    As long as we spend money elsewhere I've no problem.

You can't just keep buying players for one position.

Exactly. Other than bringing in a winger, I really don't think we need another midfielder.

Can't we all just get along a bitch about the fact that we haven't signed a striker yet? :p

We only just bought a midfielder, and by all accounts a very good one. I'd rather Wenger focus on positions we need to strengthen, namely centre half and up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We only just bought a midfielder, and by all accounts a very good one. I'd rather Wenger focus on positions we need to strengthen, namely centre half and up front.

I'm not as worried about centre half. It'll take a year for someone to settle in anyway so I don't think we'll have any real change at CB this season.

But if we don't sign someone that can score goals, then it's obvious that Wenger isn't even targeting the league anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Personally i would have loved kante along with xhaka and there is always a need for a world class player if thus player is available imo. We need a centre half more then anything Mertesacker is done and even though Gabriel is good back up we need somebody to partner Koscienly

I cant see us bringing in a striker especially the money players are going for its not Arsene Wenger and as much as it kills me to say it without a striker we wont win the league no matter where we strengthen would love higuain he would come in straight away and do a job.or even lacazette (would have a lot to prove but at least its hope) i still hope we keep giroud .

Linked with draxler which even though Wenger is a big fan i cant see him spending the cost draxler would be.
    Cant see how we didn't go for Mario Gotze can play a false 9 very good and for that money he was a steal.

Wenger i love you and thank you but he hasn't and wont adapt to the times and accept that money needs to be spent to win trophies in this day and age so he needs to go after his contract is out next year.

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm not as worried about centre half. It'll take a year for someone to settle in anyway so I don't think we'll have any real change at CB this season.

But if we don't sign someone that can score goals, then it's obvious that Wenger isn't even targeting the league anymore.

Even if you believe that it takes that long for a cb to settle then why not get one anyway? He'll be well settled in this time next year when we're still scratching our heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Kante is a much better player than Coquelin to be fair. Why cant we not do our business early in the summer so our new additions can have a pre season under there belt. Infuriating stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Kante is a much better player than Coquelin to be fair. Why cant we not do our business early in the summer so our new additions can have a pre season under there belt. Infuriating stuff.

We have Xhaka, Coquelin and Elneny. We really have no need for Kante, even though I really like him. Much rather that money went towards a couple of strikers and a CB.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement