Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Forgot all about santi.

We're well stocked in mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Forgot all about santi.

We're well stocked in mid.

Until the injuries start rolling in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

Santi is a very good player and we missed him when he was injured. Let's not be hasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Suarez was never a runner

Only because of our insulting offer for him.

Rumours that Kos has turned down a 90k a week new contract. 90k, that is another insulting off for one of the best centre halfs in Europe.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Only because of our insulting offer for him.

Rumours that Kos has turned down a 90k a week new contract. 90k, that is another insulting off for one of the best centre halfs in Europe.

I tend to agree with this. if Walcott was worth 120k a week then Koscielny who has been absolutely brilliant and consistent all of these years should be worth at least equal or greater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Suarez was never a runner

Ah stop now. It's well known if we offered more than the 40million and one pound we would have had him.

Ah stop now. It's well known if we offered more than the 40million and one pound we would have had him.

Yep, defo an undisputed fact. They actually wanted to sell to us, but John Henry has disparnumerophobia.

I tend to agree with this. if Walcott was worth 120k a week then Koscielny who has been absolutely brilliant and consistent all of these years should be worth at least equal or greater

Walcott on 120k. Jaysus that is scandalous. No wonder we cat get rid of him :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Walcott on 120k. Jaysus that is scandalous. No wonder we cat get rid of him :pac:

Yeah he got a bumper rise in his last contract.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yep, defo an undisputed fact. They actually wanted to sell to us, but John Henry has disparnumerophobia.

Come here. Stop talking shít. Sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I was in Spain for the last 2 and a bit weeks with pretty much no internet. Who have we signed?

So 40,000, 001.01 might have got him you think? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

keano_afc wrote: »
    I was in Spain for the last 2 and a bit weeks with pretty much no internet. Who have we signed?
    Higuain, marhez, Cheillini, Godin & Griezmann for £133 million

Sold Walcott,Sonogo & Chamberlain to City for £134milion.

Good few days business in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

newbie2 wrote: »
    Higuain, marhez, Cheillini, Godin & Griezmann for £133 million

Sold Walcott,Sonogo & Chamberlain to City for £134milion.

Good few days business in fairness.

Nice one. Had a horrible nightmare that we signed some Japanese nobody just to sell shirts. Putting it down to copious amounts of San Miguel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Seems very difficult to get the Arseamerica podcast on android.

Can anyone help with a link or something?

Stupid summer post Euros podcast drought.

From their twitter bio:

So just download the Stitcher or acast app from the play store, search for arseamerica, and follow. They haven't done anything since May, as far as I can see, though.

you could just add the link to whatever app you're using instead of downloading those either of those two.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you could just add the link to whatever app you're using instead of downloading those either of those two.

Sorry man, just going out of my way to help a guy out. I don't use either of those apps, nor do I listen to Arseamerica. I did look it up for him, download each of those apps from the play store, search for Arseamerica and verify that their podcasts are indeed on either of those apps. Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Bild is linking us to a 19-year-old German winger, Philipp Ochs, who plays for Hoffenheim: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/hoffenheim/arsenal-jagt-talent-ochs-46864732.bild.html

Bild is linking us to a 19-year-old German winger, Philipp Ochs, who plays for Hoffenheim: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/hoffenheim/arsenal-jagt-talent-ochs-46864732.bild.html

Ochs? That's the exact same noise I made after being linked to another youngster :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

How long does Bellerin have left on his contract.
    Pep wants him apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

greendom wrote: »

All the top clubs will want him soon. Can't see us keeping hold of him unless we start winning the league and challenging in the CL.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150717/bellerin-signs-new-long-term-contract

It was a long term one then.
    Bound to have 2-3 years remaining

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The younglad from Bolton passed a medical by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I'm wondering if we are thinking of him for the first team or for a stint in the reserves for a while?

Thats 3 of our 3 new signings completed that Wenger was on about :pac:

Jeez between him and the Japanese striker, people wil start to accuse us of trying to buy the league if we're not careful :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Put away the cheque book Wenger our signings are sorted. We have our new CB (Holding), our cover for Coq (Xhaka) and our new striker (Asano)...roll on the new season.

j14 wrote: »
    Put away the cheque book Wenger our signings are sorted. We have our new CB (Holding), our cover for Coq (Xhaka) and our new striker (Asano)...roll on the new season.
    Xhaka is much better than Coq and besides Coq for me doesn't get in to our starting 11 everyone fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

smilerf wrote: »
    Xhaka is much better than Coq and besides Coq for me doesn't get in to our starting 11 everyone fit

I'm pretty sure he was taking the piss?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150717/bellerin-signs-new-long-term-contract

It was a long term one then.
    Bound to have 2-3 years remaining

Transfermarkt says 3 years left

5be5og.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Does anyone else feel we will be selling a CM this year with Ramsey, Ozil, Xhaka, Coq, Cazorla, Elenny and Wilshere playing for 3 spots and possibly one moving out to the right? Id say come Christmas we may be looking at someone looking for a move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

salmocab wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel we will be selling a CM this year with Ramsey, Ozil, Xhaka, Coq, Cazorla, Elenny and Wilshere playing for 3 spots and possibly one moving out to the right? Id say come Christmas we may be looking at someone looking for a move.

With the amount of injuries we get, i think that's probably the right amount of midfielders we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

There's a few provisos with that though.

1: Wilshire doesn't count in squad planning. Have to prepare without him.

2: santi 31 and Xhaka in first season

3: Wilshire and Rambo more used as wide players in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

gosplan wrote: »
    There's a few provisos with that though.

1: Wilshire doesn't count in squad planning. Have to prepare without him.

2: santi 31 and Xhaka in first season

3: Wilshire and Rambo more used as wide players in recent years.

well yeah thats why I was thinking maybe by christmas when the pecking order has been established if there isn't too many long term injuries that someone might think its time to go.
    Id love to see a right winger come in to balance out Sanchez and maybe move Walcott or Ox on

well yeah thats why I was thinking maybe by christmas when the pecking order has been established if there isn't too many long term injuries that someone might think its time to go.
    Id love to see a right winger come in to balance out Sanchez and maybe move Walcott or Ox on
    I'd love to see ox knuckle down and quit the pranks and the selfie aether selfie

smilerf wrote: »
    I'd love to see ox knuckle down and quit the pranks and the selfie aether selfie

I think people give the ox too much grief over nothing. He must train hard and impress the boss, based on him persisting with him when he seemed hopelessly out of form.

I follow the Ox on twitter, and don't see him posting loads of selfies etc?

I would like to see him do well. He has the physical attributes to be lethal. He's one of only a few players we have who can beat a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

I think people give the ox too much grief over nothing. He must train hard and impress the boss, based on him persisting with him when he seemed hopelessly out of form.

I follow the Ox on twitter, and don't see him posting loads of selfies etc?

I would like to see him do well. He has the physical attributes to be lethal. He's one of only a few players we have who can beat a man.

Find it hard to warm to him when hes showed almost no technical improvement over four or so years despite being given chance after chance. I agree he has buckets of ability and a rare ability to take a man on and finish but his decision making is piss poor. Campbell currently a better player IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

domrush wrote: »
    Find it hard to warm to him when hes showed almost no technical improvement over four or so years despite being given chance after chance. I agree he has buckets of ability and a rare ability to take a man on and finish but his decision making is piss poor. Campbell currently a better player IMO.

Since when can the Ox finish? What's he scored like 8 goals for Arsenal? And he's made probably 100+ appearances.

Not good enough for Arsenal and hasn't shown any signs of improvement imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Since when can the Ox finish? What's he scored like 8 goals for Arsenal? And he's made probably 100+ appearances.

Not good enough for Arsenal and hasn't shown any signs of improvement imo.

Yeah maybe you're right actually :o For some reason I had it in my head he had a rocket of a shot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ox is very talented no doubt but hasnt really progressed as I thought he would, He's very strong and well able to take on a man but has zero end product. He's had more than enough chances imo and this should be sink or swim season for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ox is very talented no doubt but hasnt really progressed as I thought he would, He's very strong and well able to take on a man but has zero end product. He's had more than enough chances imo and this should be sink or swim season for him

I'd agree, I'd give him one more season. Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. He has (Arsenal qualities) HUGE POTENTIAL!... You can almost hear Wenger say it!

Theo can f**k off though. I don't mind a fella going through poor form, if he works hard to retrieve his form, but Theo has been infuriating for so long now. The end for me was when he jumped out of that tackle. Be delighted to see him out the door, with a suitable replacement of course! One of those yellow men often seen on recently mopped floors, would be sufficient to replace Theo, and I'm sure would cost less than 120k per week!

• Advertisement

Ox is only a passenger in the Arsenal team. Wenger needs to get tough with him and the likes of wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs etc. and by tough I mean sell them.

Passengers.

Ox is only a passenger in the Arsenal team. Wenger needs to get tough with him and the likes of wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs etc. and by tough I mean sell them.

Passengers.

I know where you're coming from, but Wilshere? That's very much a personal opinion, pretty sure if I did a poll here, the majority would want to keep Jack. Probably most would want an upgrade on Gibbs and maybe even OX, and defo Theo, but Jack? Not so sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'd agree, I'd give him one more season. Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. He has (Arsenal qualities) HUGE POTENTIAL!... You can almost hear Wenger say it!

Theo can f**k off though. I don't mind a fella going through poor form, if he works hard to retrieve his form, but Theo has been infuriating for so long now. The end for me was when he jumped out of that tackle. Be delighted to see him out the door, with a suitable replacement of course! One of those yellow men often seen on recently mopped floors, would be sufficient to replace Theo, and I'm sure would cost less than 120k per week!

Just on this point, and I dont mean to harp on about it, but I cant for the life of me understand why Wenger keeps giving Walcott so many chances and yet shuns a player like Campbell, who would never leap out of a tackle or go hiding in games the way Theo does. As frustrating as Ox is, at least he tries or appears to make an effort. Walcott only seems to be of any use when we have a 2 goal lead or have the game won

emmetlego wrote: »
    I know where you're coming from, but Wilshere? That's very much a personal opinion, pretty sure if I did a poll here, the majority would want to keep Jack. Probably most would want an upgrade on Gibbs and maybe even OX, and defo Theo, but Jack? Not so sure!

I've thought about it, I like Jack, he's a good player but he will only ever be injured or coming back from an injury, that's not good enough for me. His ankles are made out of glass, it's through no fault of his own.

I've thought about it, I like Jack, he's a good player but he will only ever be injured or coming back from an injury, that's not good enough for me. His ankles are made out of glass, it's through no fault of his own.

I agree about his injury prone record, it's a no brainer.... But he's hardly Diaby! And when he is fit and flying, he's a fu****g class player. And still quite young too. So I'll defo agree to disagree with you and Jack....

Oh, I forgot to mention, he knows all the anti-Spurs songs too! That alone makes him a keeper! :-)

Ox is useless. We're only wasting our time with him. His body language in some games last season was of a man who just couldn't be bothered. We need lads to step up to the plate from now on. Wenger needs to give these soft boys the push and bring in players who are prepared to fight for the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

wonga77 wrote: »
    Just on this point, and I dont mean to harp on about it, but I cant for the life of me understand why Wenger keeps giving Walcott so many chances and yet shuns a player like Campbell, who would never leap out of a tackle or go hiding in games the way Theo does. As frustrating as Ox is, at least he tries or appears to make an effort. Walcott only seems to be of any use when we have a 2 goal lead or have the game won

Stubbornness.

But Walcott has also been a sneaky fecker. He has put in good performances and looked the part on occasion, especially when his contract discussions are coming around.

Oxlade Chamberlain has 7 goals in 100 games for Arsenal. Laurent Koscielny has 15 goals in 180 games. What a damning stat that is. Goes to show how far we have fallen when we once had the likes of Overmars, Pires and Ljungberg as wingers, who were a goal every 3 games players. Even the likes of Hleb and Nasri where much better players than the likes of Ox and Walcott. Although I would hold onto Gibbs as your not going to get a much better back up then him plus he is versatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

All who chastise and crticise Ox forget he's still young and genuinely loves Arsenal. He deserves another year. The problem with Theo is that he has shown a lack of passion and cowardness even at times...I can understand the frustration.

The very same people who cry out to get rid of what are squad players will later on becry the lack of squad depth...

• Advertisement

All who chastise and crticise Ox forget he's still young and genuinely loves Arsenal. He deserves another year. The problem with Theo is that he has shown a lack of passion and cowardness even at times...I can understand the frustration.

The very same people who cry out to get rid of what are squad players will later on becry the lack of squad depth...

There is no point having useless unreliable players on the bench either. Its a squad game. Any sub coming on should be jumping out of his skin to do a job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement