Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mahrez agent has denied a deal is in place.

We'll have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

If he doesn't play for Leicester later today it would be a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

So Higuain to Juventus, Pogba to United... Are there any good strikers in Juve that might want out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Offering wally might help Leicester- chuck him in for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

mansize wrote: »
    Offering wally might help Leicester- chuck him in for free

Lol, I doubt Leicester would take it unless we paid some of his wages too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We will buy from Germany according to some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

We will buy from Germany according to some

Buy who from Germany according to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Higuian to Juve looks a done deal according to reports, surely that means Pogba is off to Utd. Worth pursuing Aubameyang? Though its doubtful Dortmund would leave another big player go this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

maybe Ginter from Dortmund be a great defender to buy seen links on twitter too probably all bs too though

Buy who from Germany according to who?

Couple of decent lads on Twitter said law flew out there this week to try tie up s big deal

No names and no gauentees just they were out there and it was looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So Ginter & Draxler it is then.

I just did a search on Twitter, and there wasn't one reliable source on it, not one. Massive pinch of salt required! The Mahrez thing though... That's getting interesting. Apparently his agent was asked about it and his response was very measured. Neither denying or admitting that anything was going on. Just said Mahrez has not signed for Arsenal. Of course, it is all speculation, but that wording wasn't a damning retort, was it!

At this point I'd be more than happy with Mahrez plus a cheap young punty CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

emmetlego wrote: »
    So Higuain to Juventus, Pogba to United... Are there any good strikers in Juve that might want out??

Mandzukic maybe? Dybala not going anywhere. They're offering Zaza around but he's not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    At this point I'd be more than happy with Mahrez plus a cheap young punty CF.

Like another Sanogo then?

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Buy Mahrez & Draxler.

Convert Draxler into a CF.

???

Profit.

Well perhaps but hopefully they'll end up more like RVP or Adebayor.

Why not give Mario Gomez a shot 7 million euro 2 year deal he's a proven goalscorer even if he is pushing on a bit

Mandzukic maybe? Dybala not going anywhere. They're offering Zaza around but he's not great.

With all those penalties missers at the club at least he'd have something in common with a lot lol

I just did a search on Twitter, and there wasn't one reliable source on it, not one. Massive pinch of salt required! The Mahrez thing though... That's getting interesting. Apparently his agent was asked about it and his response was very measured. Neither denying or admitting that anything was going on. Just said Mahrez has not signed for Arsenal. Of course, it is all speculation, but that wording wasn't a damning retort, was it!

DarrenArsenal1 tweeted we're going to break our transfer record

Davemagar said our officials W the in Germany

Dean tweeted madness is about to happen

All about as reliable as you get following Arsenal

(All get things wrong too)

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Buy Mahrez & Draxler.

Convert Draxler into a CF.

???

Profit.

Would love this

Another Henry maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

If we're about to break our transfer record then the club are doing a dam good job of keeping it under wraps. I see Aubameyang's name mentioned but as Ive said before, twitter is full of spoofers, We can only hope I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sanchez was poor when we tried him upfront before but if we were to get Mahrez, Id give it another go.

Santi
    Xhaka
    Ramsey
    Ozil
    Mahrez

Sanchez

Mahrez would break our record aswell though for the fees being mentioned and he's not in germany

Also if we were to sign Mahrez or Draxler does this point towards a change in formation ? as in two up top like Vardy and Mahrez

Because if we continue to play the same way we still need another striker on top of one of these guys in my opinion anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mahrez would be a quality addition, there is no argument there.

However, Giroud is the big, glaring square peg that just doesn't fit with the speed and guile of the rest of that attack.

If Arsenal threw everything at it and got Aubamayang, it'd be the best business they do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Excluding Bayern players and even with the market as it is the only players playing in Germany ATM I could imagine costing more than Ozil did (42.5m sterling ) would be draxler or Aubameyang.

Draxler would be more likely even though Aubameyang may make a bit more sense (can't see Dortmund selling him unless you threw more than 65m sterling at them though given who they already let go and the going rate for such talent across Europe ATM).

Either one of them would be huge though, either plus Mahrez unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Gotta feel for fans of Napoli, Roma, Udinese etc
    Seems like Juve just pick all their top performers at will. Similar to Bayern in Germany.

At least in Spain and England there is a bit more of an even spread.

• Advertisement

Would have preferred a proven CB but having read up and watched videos of young Holden I have to say he looks very good. Looks cool on the ball and not afraid to take it forward either which would suit against teams parking the bus as he would draw players towards him and create space for our attackers. He's a lot faster than Mert.

Would have preferred a proven CB but having read up and watched videos of young Holden I have to say he looks very good. Looks cool on the ball and not afraid to take it forward either which would suit against teams parking the bus as he would draw players towards him and create space for our attackers. He's a lot faster than Mert.

Only question mark for me is his height. Not even 6 foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

If Mahrez is coming that'll be it I'd imagine

I still haven't given up on Gabriel or Chambers either.

But I think it's fair enough for the club to now expect one of those three to take Merts starting place.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only question mark for me is his height. Not even 6 foot.

Yes indeed he's just 5 ft 11 ins which is small for a CB.
    Wenger might be going to try him as a fullback.
    He was Bolton's player of the year but they were relegated.

DarrenArsenal1 tweeted we're going to break our transfer record

Davemagar said our officials W the in Germany

Dean tweeted madness is about to happen

All about as reliable as you get following Arsenal

(All get things wrong too)
    They did the same last year if I recall rightly! Darren did for certain anyway, and I seem to remember Dean alluding to it also... Don't know Davemagar

• Advertisement

domrush wrote: »
    If Mahrez is coming that'll be it I'd imagine

Don't know much about Mahrez except for our games against Leicester. He looked more of a winger than a CF to me and we do need a CF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Don't know much about Mahrez except for our games against Leicester. He looked more of a winger than a CF to me and we do need a CF.

He is a winger but he scores and creates a lot. If himself, Sanchez, Rambo and Giroud had good seasons there'd probably be enough goals in the squad. Ozil would contribute a few as well.

Not doubting that we need a CF, but we also need a proper RW, Walcott and Ox are flops!

Not doubting that we need a CF, but we also need a proper RW, Walcott and Ox are flops!

Indeed. Was it Mahrez who took the free-kicks for Leicester last season?

Just looked at the Davemagar Twitter account... Talk about a bluffer! He said that his lawyer was over there with the Arsenal negotiators... How many confidentiality clauses would that break I wonder? He's a bluffer!

• Advertisement

Indeed. Was it Mahrez who took the free-kicks for Leicester last season?

Took a lot of them, between him and Vardy.

Just looked at the Davemagar Twitter account... Talk about a bluffer! He said that his lawyer was over there with the Arsenal negotiators... How many confidentiality clauses would that break I wonder? He's a bluffer!

Look though his tweets he is actually spot on most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Look though his tweets he is actually spot on most of the time

Careful with twitter though, some people just throw **** all over the wall and delete the wrong ones.

Careful with twitter though, some people just throw **** all over the wall and delete the wrong ones.

This lad never really says we're signing anyone just that were negotiating or at what point the negotiations are at

As was said he seems to have a connection to the board

Like everyone else gets shît wrong too though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

domrush wrote: »
    He is a winger but he scores and creates a lot. If himself, Sanchez, Rambo and Giroud had good seasons there'd probably be enough goals in the squad. Ozil would contribute a few as well.

We need a better alternative up front than Giroud. He blows too hot and cold, a trait you dont want in your number 1 striker.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    We need a better alternative up front than Giroud. He blows too hot and cold, a trait you dont want in your number 1 striker.

If injured or going through a bad patch he will be replaced by Welbeck probably and he won't score enough either. I feel we have goals in our midfield this season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Mahrez playing for Leicester today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Mahrez playing for Leicester today.

It's the hope that kills you

wawaman wrote: »
    It's the hope that kills you

Hah! Yeah... But it springs eternal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If injured or going through a bad patch he will be replaced by Welbeck probably and he won't score enough either. I feel we have goals in our midfield this season though.

Welbeck has a serious knee injury so id rule him out until the new year with the way our players seem to recover from long term injuries. Hes a good lad but he is like Giroud in that he needs 4 or 5 clear cut chances to score.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement