Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Still haven't seen anything official on this, don't think he tweeted anything like that anyway.

wasnt a tweet, was a facebook q&a

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Still haven't seen anything official on this, don't think he tweeted anything like that anyway.

Here is the Video - he doesnt speak to much about Arsenal. more of an overall rumour Q&A

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos/10154495109290982/

:D

Co9x8QIUAAAu9_G.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Ornstein has tweeted that we are interested in Mustafi but so are Chelsea and we have no interest in Mahrez or Draxler. We will probably sign Mustafi and Lacazette and knowing Wenger put Theo out on the right. I think the only way we sign Mahrez or Draxler is if one of Theo, Campbell or the Ox goes and I can only see Campbell being sold out of those 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Annoying that we have no interest in Mahrez, was the one player I was geting excited at the thought of signing. Looks like Wenger is putting his faith in Theo and Ox again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Annoying that we have no interest in Mahrez, was the one player I was geting excited at the thought of signing. Looks like Wenger is putting his faith in Theo and Ox again.

Where do these rumours even come from?

Once again hopes got up for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Where do these rumours even come from?

Once again hopes got up for nothing.

You should know by now but to get your hopes up about any arsenal rumours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

How can a man so obviously smart, be so idiotic when it comes to transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

So we now know Vardy and BenYedder have turned us down. I thought Wenger was this miracle worker that once a player spoke to him that he would immediately sign.

Another transfer window shambles looming but hey we will have more cash in the bank than anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Pudders wrote: »
    So we now know Vardy and BenYedder have turned us down. I thought Wenger was this miracle worker that once a player spoke to him that he would immediately sign.

Another transfer window shambles looming but hey we will have more cash in the bank than anyone!

Why did you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Let's hope Chelsea don't decide to buy him before we formally make a bid on deadline day.

Why did you think that?

We are always told that by the Wenger fans!

Have now been offered 5 spares for the Liverpool game. Usually the August games are about 10-15% empty but this seems more than normal especially what would be viewed as a big game. Not sure whether it is normal summer no shows or more disgruntlement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Is he been extra prudent knowing it's his last year?

I think Wenger will end up buying Lacazette for about €45m and a centre half that isn't Mustafi.

Won't be enough to win the league, back down to 4th probably.

I think Wenger will end up buying Lacazette for about €45m and a centre half that isn't Mustafi.

Won't be enough to win the league, back down to 4th probably.

So you won't need to be on here giving out if it happens

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So you won't need to be on here giving out if it happens

Correct i won't need to be.

Correct i won't need to be.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looks like Wenger is putting his faith in Theo and Ox again.

Infuriating if true. These 2 players, especially Walcott, typify everything that is wrong with Arsenal. Gutless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

We are always told that by the Wenger fans!

His aura and legacy as a top manager is all but gone imo. Ill be shocked if Ozil and Sanchez dont look for a move away from the club if we dont strengthen the obvious weak areas in our squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Gringo180 wrote: »
    His aura and legacy as a top manager is all but gone imo. Ill be shocked if Ozil and Sanchez dont look for a move away from the club if we dont strengthen the obvious weak areas in our squad.

They will both be gone next summer IMO. I think they both have 2 years left on their deals. Both are probably going into their last big contracts, so I highly doubt they will commit to Arsenal unless something changes drastically in the next year.

So would you lot take Lacazette & Ashley Williams if offered, before the Liverpool game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

So would you lot take Lacazette & Ashley Williams if offered, before the Liverpool game?

I'd take Lacazette, but I wouldn't be interested in Williams.

No, Williams would be a horrible signing. You only sign players at that age if they are world class.

• Advertisement

Not sure if posted already. We look awfully light with Euro players and injuries

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/761201348360609792

Jack left behind as a precaution :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And the award for this year's LANS goes to Serge Gnabry!

Be interesting to see if Willock gets any time this season, i believe he's being outstanding for the youth teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wouldn't say they're too much in his thinking.

One of Wilshire/Rambo/Santi for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Asano and Gnarby scored last night at the Olympics. Gnarby's goal was particularly nice.

farna_boy wrote: »
    Asano and Gnarby scored last night at the Olympics. Gnarby's goal was particularly nice.

For sure, like I said he's the LANS we've been waiting for. tbh he did show a lot of promise a couple of seasons back. Could be a very useful squad player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Very disappointed we're not in for Mahrez or to a lesser extent Draxler. We've had glaring weakness's on the right wing when it comes to creativity. It's vicious these men would have strengthened us considerably. Beginning to lose faith in this window. Unless AW pulls a rabbit from the hat with a class striker, there will be war on terraces (proverbially speaking of course)

I'll actually give up giving a sh1t if no-one good comes in.

Combined with last summer it'll be a massive 2 steps back after the step forward of the previous two years and a clear indication that the club has no real desire to spend the money the Emirates generates on strengthening the team.

An appalling indictment of Wenger too that he subjugated the club to years of austerity for nothing.

We could have stayed in Highbury and had exactly the same squad as now.

I refuse to get on this roller coaster of emotion driven by rumour and speculation. I'm prepared to wait until the end of the window and then complain about whatever we are lacking or delight in who we have signed. I would rather we had our deals done already but we are where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I wouldn't mind Ornstein he could easily be creating a smokescreen for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »
    I refuse to get on this roller coaster of emotion driven by rumour and speculation. I'm prepared to wait until the end of the window and then complain about whatever we are lacking or delight in who we have signed. I would rather we had our deals done already but we are where we are.

Do you even know how to complain!? :pac:

I'm a glass half full type too, but this stinks. Why the F*** would we not be interested in Mahrez?!?? Even if there is another striker coming. Baffling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I won't even be upset if we don't sign anyone

I will wait too see had the team improved from last season

If not then Wenger is getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If we get Lacazette and Mustafi its a great window for me. Not sure how likely that is, when have we ever beaten Chelsea to a player?

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    If we get Lacazette and Mustafi its a great window for me. Not sure how likely that is, when have we ever beaten Chelsea to a player?

I think they were interested in Diaby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Asano scored last night for Japan against Nigeria

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The manager is still a glaring weakness though. Another crap window means we're going to yet another season unprepared and under strength. And its his fault.

Do you even know how to complain!? :pac:

generally during matches!

The only official word I've heard from the club is an attacker and a defender. No names have been mentioned, so I'm not going to get worked up over us supposedly not being interested in a player that we never said we were interested in.

Anything less than signing a decent attacker and defender would make me view this window as a failure, though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    The only official word I've heard from the club is an attacker and a defender. No names have been mentioned, so I'm not going to get worked up over us supposedly not being interested in a player that we never said we were interested in.

Anything less than signing a decent attacker and defender would make me view this window as a failure, though.
    True, but it's widely accepted that Mahrez is available, even his club said so in not so many words. We have the money, he'd be a fantastic addition, ergo, we should go after him! That's frustrating me!

I think they were interested in Diaby!

he was named motm in a friendly this week for Marseille !

I reckon we'll still get the two players, not likely Lacazette and Mustafi.

However with waiting so long, Wenger's taking a risk. If this goes the way of Suarez or something and there isn't a plan B, he can't come back and say 'well we tried' and expect anything other than being booed on and off the pitch at the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Basil3 wrote: »

We're a week away from the start of the campaign and our first game against a Top 4 challenger. I'd class this window as already being a failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Quazzie wrote: »
    We're a week away from the start of the campaign and our first game against a Top 4 challenger. I'd class this window as already being a failure.

This this this 100% THIS !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement