Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Icardi's missus has been heading to london the past month :D either shes banging someone there or shes walking from italy to england :D

Still rather Lacazette , but its beginning to drag out like the pogba story now :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Think I'd prefer Icardi, I've seen more of him and he's a great little player. Italy's a better league than France too.

At this rate though it's like arguing which I'd rather between Kelly Brook and Kate Upton :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Surprised the Kalou story hasn't resurfaced yet. He's always good for a rumour.

Think I'd prefer Icardi, I've seen more of him and he's a great little player. Italy's a better league than France too.

At this rate though it's like arguing which I'd rather between Kelly Brook and Kate Upton :(

And all the while we'll have to settle for Dot Cotton who is already on our squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I think the club is taking the fans for fools, if they dont spend 100mil this summer the fans should just stop attending games. A week to go with no striker or CB there turning into a joke. i hope liverpool thrash us 3-0 next weekend if no signings are made by then

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    I think the club is taking the fans for fools, if they dont spend 100mil this summer the fans should just stop attending games. A week to go with no striker or CB there turning into a joke. i hope liverpool thrash us 3-0 next weekend if no signings are made by then

By all means be frustrated with the club, but jesus dont ever ever say that...not them. anyone but them...or spurs....or united.....or chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

By all means be frustrated with the club, but jesus dont ever ever say that

Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

4-0?

:Pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hoping Liverpool beat us makes no sense.

Probably would for another club. Might put some pressure on at another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Icardi agent supposed to be heading to London;

Morata is supposedly still on our radar as he was "quoted" in a Spanish paper saying he fears for his game time at Madrid and would fancy a move to us. This all comes from an article on 90mins.com
    I don't believe a word of it.

• Advertisement

j14 wrote: »
    Morata is supposedly still on our radar as he was "quoted" in a Spanish paper saying he fears for his game time at Madrid and would fancy a move to us. This all comes from an article on 90mins.com
    I don't believe a word of it.

Jeez thank god for the GAA/olympics in the next few weeks. I can take my mind off all this bullshít.

Woot!!!

Wenger says he sees Rambo as a central player.

Xhaka - Rambo
    Iwobi - Caz - Sanchez
    Wally

So the long term plan is probably Caz and Ozil in the AMF and wide left spots. Loads of creativity and ball retention there.

Then Sanchez on the opposite wing. Rambo making runs from deep and Xhaka covering it all.

Xhaka
    Rambo
    Sanchez - Ozil - Caz

They'd win you a league it clicked.

Just the striker so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

gosplan wrote: »
    Woot!!!

Wenger says he sees Rambo as a central player.

Xhaka - Rambo
    Iwobi - Caz - Sanchez
    Wally

So the long term plan is probably Caz and Ozil in the AMF and wide left spots. Loads of creativity and ball retention there.

Then Sanchez on the opposite wing. Rambo making runs from deep and Xhaka covering it all.

Xhaka
    Rambo
    Sanchez - Ozil - Caz

They'd win you a league it clicked.

Just the striker so.

No way.

The midfield would be overrun every game.

The counter attack with just xhaka trying to protect it would be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Some of our best form over the last 3 seasons was with a fully fit Arteta-Ramsey combo. I'm seeing Xhaka as a more mobile version of Arteta? Should work well. I also think we'll see Xhaka-Elneny/Coq with Ramsey on the wing for tough away games, make us difficult to breakdown. We've superb options in midfield now that we can interchange depending on opposition. Since this time last year we've added Coq, Xhaka and Elneny as proper options.

Too positive? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Way too positive. Everything is ****, 100m hasn't been spent & the board and the inept Wenger are treating the fans like suckers.

Oh and we're all cheering for Liverpool next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Re: The morata rumours if we're actually going to spend money on a striker I wouldn't waste a penney on Morata he's basically the Spanish Giroud and couldn't get in the Juve team last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Re: The morata rumours if we're actually going to spend money on a striker I wouldn't waste a penney on Morata he's basically the Spanish Giroud and couldn't get in the Juve team last season

He's not similar to Giroud at all really, apart from being tall enough.

But I don't think he's the answer either.

AdamD wrote: »
    Some of our best form over the last 3 seasons was with a fully fit Arteta-Ramsey combo. I'm seeing Xhaka as a more mobile version of Arteta? Should work well. I also think we'll see Xhaka-Elneny/Coq with Ramsey on the wing for tough away games, make us difficult to breakdown. We've superb options in midfield now that we can interchange depending on opposition. Since this time last year we've added Coq, Xhaka and Elneny as proper options.

Too positive? :pac:

Last season we were top of the league with santi dictating from behind the midfield and Coq protecting it. Always had them two behind. With Ramsey bombing forward and leaving the midfield exposed I think it would be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Counts for nothing if we're relying on Giroud in the middle of a barren spell to put the ball away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Any updates on Arsene's 'Madness' signing that's in the works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

It looks like Vermaelen is going to be joining Szczesny at Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm beginning to think the madness is that we sign no one else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm beginning to think the madness is that we sign no one else

Never so dark as before the dawn

JustTheOne wrote: »
    No way.

The midfield would be overrun every game.

The counter attack with just xhaka trying to protect it would be a disaster.

We had Coq plus another or Flamini and Ramsey last season and managed one of the best defensive records.

We're live on ITV 1 at 6pm against City. COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

DenMan wrote: »
    We're live on ITV 1 at 6pm against City. COYG

I've only UTV Ireland, so Arsenal.com are showing it live on a stream too.

I've only UTV Ireland, so Arsenal.com are showing it live on a stream too.

Entertainment.ie says it's on UTV Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Happiness is watching the gunners in TV again. Thanks for the heads up lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

How depressing seeing United make all the signings we should have. World class CF, winger, CM and CB, all with 3 weeks to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

domrush wrote: »
    How depressing seeing United make all the signings we should have. World class CF, winger, CM and CB, all with 3 weeks to go.

Id argue our midfielders are better than pogba and that's before you mention his price tag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Id argue our midfielders are better than pogba and that's before you mention his price tag

I won't pretend to claim that I have seen Pogba a lot as I haven't seen him play for Juventus before, but I watched him in every game for France in the euros. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and to say I was very underwhelmed was an understatement! Obviously there is a lot more to him than that due to the fee being paid. Will be interesting to see him more often this season.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Entertainment.ie says it's on UTV Ireland.

Can't see it listed anywhere as being on utv Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pogba is a great vine player. Looks unbelievable on the old YouTube. In real life, we have a better player in Aaron Ramsey on form.

I think people are underestimating pogba just because of his price tag.

Let's be honest he's a good player who is still young with great potential.

I reckon a few people will end up looking silly in slating him and united.

I think people are underestimating pogba just because of his price tag.

Let's be honest he's a good player who is still young with great potential.

I reckon a few people will end up looking silly in slating him and united.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not a good player. People are saying he isn't worth £100m.

As Paul Scholes said, for that kind of money, you want a player that scores 50 goals a year.

• Advertisement

domrush wrote: »

They've done nothing yet.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is saying he's not a good player. People are saying he isn't worth £100m.

As Paul Scholes said, for that kind of money, you want a player that scores 50 goals a year.

It's all relative though.

Getting someone who scores 50 goals a year might not be the priority in certain teams.

If a good player is needed in a position and will come in and get the job done then why wouldn't he be worth 100 million?

Yes it's mad money but in football that's the way it's gone.

Mainz beat Liverpool 4-0 in a friendly just there!

Can't see it listed anywhere as being on utv Ireland.

Just checked again, either it's been changed or I got it wrong. I was sure though - that was what i went looking for.

Sorry about that.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just checked again, either it's been changed or I got it wrong. I was sure though - that was what i went looking for.

Sorry about that.

Ha don't be apologising you're grand!

I hate Virgin. They don't have Itv anymore it was replaced with utv Ireland.

Think it's time to change to sky.

• Advertisement

Its on arsenal.com apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Match isn't on utv Ireland only the English variant you get through sky

Rambo in Ozil position.

Like it. Great against the stronger teams.

Bloody friendlies.

I'm watching this just thinking "if any of you pr*cks get injured, I'm gonna be furious".

Should be 2-0 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Make that should be 3 up...poor finishing so far.

Be very surprised if Alexis gets through this without an injury.

I hope he's only playing the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

How are we not in the lead jesus christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

No improvement in our set pieces so far, woeful. Few saucy enough tackles going in, hope we don't pick up any silly injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How are we not in the lead jesus christ
    We're playing without a striker. Did you honestly expect better?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement