Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

What do we expect the line up to be for Liverpool?

Cech

Bellerin Chambers Nacho Gibbs

Xhaka Elneny

Ramsey Santi Sanchez

Walcott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Cech

Xhaka Elneny

Ramsey Santi Sanchez

Walcott

Looks about right, wouldn't be surprised to see Coq in for Elneny considering the state of our back line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cech----
    Bellerin---Wenger--Gunnersaurus--Monreal
    Xhaka--Cazorla
    Walcott
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    The Ghost of Strikers Past

Cech

Xhaka Elneny

Ramsey Santi Sanchez

Walcott

I just typed out the exact same formation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Looks about right, wouldn't be surprised to see Coq in for Elneny considering the state of our back line.

Yeah quite possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Cech

Bellerin Chambers Kosc Nacho

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Ramsey Iwobi

Sanchez

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Cech

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Ramsey Iwobi

Sanchez

Is Kosc available??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Is Kosc available??

would it honestly surprise you if he started !!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

wawaman wrote: »

No, & I'd be even less surprised if he gets injured whilst doing so.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I have no idea I don't know what his current situation is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I have no idea I don't know what his current situation is?

today is his first day back. Exactly the same situation as Alexis was in last year and he played in the loss to West Ham

today is his first day back. Exactly the same situation as Alexis was in last year and he played in the loss to West Ham

Ahhh I see. Well it's good and bad if he plays but obviously the wise choice would be to rest him.

Basil3 wrote: »
    *looks at tipp_Gunner's diary*

8th August:

Have random rant about Theo Walcott. Throw in a couple of other English players for good measure. Don't forget to have a moan about managers wages and cost of tickets.

And well? Can you not make a genuine counterpoint instead of resorting to a poor condescending retort ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Cech

Xhaka Elneny

Ox Ramsey Iwobi

Sanchez

I reckon this is about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

520 posts since I last checked in...surely a signing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

L'prof wrote: »
    520 posts since I last checked in...surely a signing???

Quite the opposite Prof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Excellent - would appear to be a Rush fan too so the author definitely goes up in my estimation !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

No just ppl talking in 🔄

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didn't Coquelin mention something about playing CB in training on twitter a while back? Wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a make shift option against Liverpool.

And well? Can you not make a genuine counterpoint instead of resorting to a poor condescending retort ??

Of course I could, but it would be a waste of time, because you would still have random moans at any time about things that have very little relevance to what's happening right now.

I could point out that you pick a strange time to have a go at Theo, after he seems to be getting his confidence back for the first time since suffering a major injury, but I realise that would be waste of time.

I could point out that you chose a strange time to have a go at Gibbs, who is our backup left back. A player who has played solidly for quite some time now in a position that is of very little worry to us as a club, but people just want him gone.

I could point out that you chose a strange time to have a go at the Ox. A player that has has a great pre-season, and probably has looked our most dangerous player when he has the ball at his feet. He's only young, and it's time for him to step up, but I feel that there's too many people willing him to fail instead of wanting him to succeed.

I could point out that going on about what the manager earns, and what our tickets cost is just laziness in the extreme. Everybody knows this, you're not enlightening anyone. Just throwing it onto the end of a moan to drive your point home lacks effort. You need to be more creative.

This is just my opinion, and of course you're entitled to yours :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Didn't Coquelin mention something about playing CB in training on twitter a while back? Wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a make shift option against Liverpool.

He surely would have played there in preseason if Wenger planned that.

He surely would have played there in preseason if Wenger planned that.

He didn't want to give away our tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mickeroo wrote: »

We may be short at the back but we're not that short. I imagine Koscielny will be rushed back and Chambers will start alongside him. That's a CB paring that doesn't scare me half as much as Chambers and Coquelin would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Coquelin stuff was just horrendous journalism.

Mert was out injured, Kosc was on holidays and Gabriel was sick. Arsenal wanted to play a training game, this requires 4 centre backs. With 3 not there that leaves us with Chambers, Holding and Bielik from the training squad, so Coq jumps in during training.

Guardian Football: Wenger to consider using Coquelin at CB during the season.

And they get paid for this ****e

• Advertisement

Of course I could, but it would be a waste of time, because you would still have random moans at any time about things that have very little relevance to what's happening right now.

I could point out that you pick a strange time to have a go at Theo, after he seems to be getting his confidence back for the first time since suffering a major injury, but I realise that would be waste of time.

I could point out that you chose a strange time to have a go at Gibbs, who is our backup left back. A player who has played solidly for quite some time now in a position that is of very little worry to us as a club, but people just want him gone.

I could point out that you chose a strange time to have a go at the Ox. A player that has has a great pre-season, and probably has looked our most dangerous player when he has the ball at his feet. He's only young, and it's time for him to step up, but I feel that there's too many people willing him to fail instead of wanting him to succeed.

I could point out that going on about what the manager earns, and what our tickets cost is just laziness in the extreme. Everybody knows this, you're not enlightening anyone. Just throwing it onto the end of a moan to drive your point home lacks effort. You need to be more creative.

This is just my opinion, and of course you're entitled to yours :p

Now who's ranting.

Walcott us flying it in meaningless friendlies. Well see how good they are come the business end of the year.

I like alot of Arsenal supporters are fed up of this groundhog day year in year out. B*llocksology about 'value' when the club continues to short change their supporters.

You don't find my posts enlightening? :rolleyes: fine! I don't quite yours either tbh. They smack of delusions of grandeur and are becoming quite petty and childish judging by the tone of the last two. Your going to have to grow up and join the real world with the rest of us at some stage. The real world where Arsenal are mediocre and seemingly content with it while getting enormous funding to do so not the seemingly glorious bubble your living in

AdamD wrote: »
    The Coquelin stuff was just horrendous journalism.

Mert was out injured, Kosc was on holidays and Gabriel was sick. Arsenal wanted to play a training game, this requires 4 centre backs. With 3 not there that leaves us with Chambers, Holding and Bielik from the training squad, so Coq jumps in during training.

Guardian Football: Wenger to consider using Coquelin at CB during the season.

And they get paid for this ****e

And there is no one from the youth team that could have filled in no? Wenger has form when it come to this thing. Sagna, Monreal, Toure. Lucky Toure worked out at least. I agree with you re journalists but I wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Coquelin back there at some stage

And there is no one from the youth team that could have filled in no? Wenger has form when it come to this thing. Sagna, Monreal, Toure. Lucky Toure worked out at least. I agree with you re journalists but I wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Coquelin back there at some stage
    They were on a different continent. I really do think it was just a matter of convenience.

Now who's ranting.

Walcott us flying it in meaningless friendlies. Well see how good they are come the business end of the year.

I like alot of Arsenal supporters are fed up of this groundhog day year in year out. B*llocksology about 'value' when the club continues to short change their supporters.

You don't find my posts enlightening? :rolleyes: fine! I don't quite yours either tbh. They smack of delusions of grandeur and are becoming quite petty and childish judging by the tone of the last two. Your going to have to grow up and join the real world with the rest of us at some stage. The real world where Arsenal are mediocre and seemingly content with it while getting enormous funding to do so not the seemingly glorious bubble your living in

Yeah, I'm sick of the same thing every year as well. My point was that your rant was nothing to do with that. It was just a having a random go at a few players for no particular reason.

What I said wasn't enlightening is you pointing out Wenger's wages and what tickets cost. I didn't say I didn't find any of your posts enlightening.

Since when does growing up involve ranting about overpaid footballers? If that's the case, then I'll be forever young ;)

Anyway, I'll leave it there....I just woke up to your post this morning and couldn't let it lie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Id guess Monreal will be CB with Gibbs at LB

With xhaka and Elneny in front of them I think we will be alright

• Advertisement

Lacazette out for at least 3 weeks. Sounds more and more like an Arsenal signing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

The lads on Arsecast have their say:
    http://arseblog.com/2016/08/arsecast-extra-episode-134-08-08-2016/
    And it's not pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I've always backed wenger but if no one else comes in with all the teams around us strengthening,im afraid that's unforgivable
    Even more so with Gabs injury yesterday!!

I'm very very annoyed that we still haven't strengthened our centre half options and all the Mustafi rumours have fallen flat too, he would have been ideal.

I can handle waiting until the end of the window for the dream number 9, but the CB needs to be done NOW.

There are rumblings that Arsene has a top striker lined up, but it depends on another move going ahead first and that he has a replacement lined up should it not go through. That seems plausible!

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'm very very annoyed that we still haven't strengthened our centre half options and all the Mustafi rumours have fallen flat too, he would have been ideal.

I can handle waiting until the end of the window for the dream number 9, but the CB needs to be done NOW.

There are rumblings that Arsene has a top striker lined up, but it depends on another move going ahead first and that he has a replacement lined up should it not go through. That seems plausible!

I think they've flattened for a reason think our business is finished

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I think they've flattened for a reason think our business is finished

And this, if it's true, would be absolutely scandalous, and I do sincerely hope it's not true. But if it sadly is, then Arsene will have truly and finally sullied his great name at the club, and that makes me sad!

I mean, this is a hobby of mine, it's not life or death, there's far more important things in life, but I find myself getting more and more upset as the days go by at the lack of movement by our negotiating team.

And this, if it's true, would be absolutely scandalous, and I do sincerely hope it's not true. But if it sadly is, then Arsene will have truly and finally sullied his great name at the club, and that makes me sad!

I mean, this is a hobby of mine, it's not life or death, there's far more important things in life, but I find myself getting more and more upset as the days go by at the lack of movement by our negotiating team.

Exactly lead not life or death and I'll still go over to matches regardless of who wears the jersey.

Roll on my early flight Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Where are these rumblings coming from? Or is this just from what the lads we speculating about on the arseblog podcast today?

There is no chance we aren't signing anyone else this window. My guess is 2, possibly 3 players. 2 players that you would expect to go into the starting 11, and one fill-in/loan player.

Sometimes people jaunt need to log off the internet,
    Chill for a while, so real world stuff

Then log back on :)

• Advertisement

Where are these rumblings coming from? Or is this just from what the lads we speculating about on the arseblog podcast today?

Actually just heard that section now, have been listening to it between kiddies beds time!! I've heard it from a few people now, who are genuine inside Arsenal people.

The rumblings have mentioned names of the ilk of Bale and Lewandowski. If they fail, Lacazette is the back up!

Don't get me wrong, that would be amazing. But we f*****g need a CB now!!!

There is no chance we aren't signing anyone else this window. My guess is 2, possibly 3 players. 2 players that you would expect to go into the starting 11, and one fill-in/loan player.

I sincerely hope you're right. I don't share your confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

greendom wrote: »
    Lacazette out for at least 3 weeks. Sounds more and more like an Arsenal signing!

If hes done his back in hes a cert to sign for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Mahrez was in London today and just happened to check into the same hotel that the Chelsea Manager was in at the same time...what a coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Mahrez to Chelsea will be done by the end of the week im hearing. Saaaake!

Matt Law from The Telegraph saying we're about to bid for Mustafi and Chelsea aren't in for him.

Mustafi will be a good signing

Don't no why we didn't push the boat out for him 2/3 weeks ago though

Mustafi will be a good signing

Don't no why we didn't push the boat out for him 2/3 weeks ago though

Better late than never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Mahrez to Chelsea will be done by the end of the week im hearing. Saaaake!

I'll hit the ****ing roof if they do. We're utterly pathetic in the transfer market. Time for the board and Wenger to **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

j14 wrote: »
    Mahrez was in London today and just happened to check into the same hotel that the Chelsea Manager was in at the same time...what a coincidence.

Lacazette was there too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement