Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

nope. i want that banner to be on display for every game until end of the season.

ive had enough,

Sorry this win doesnt change anything.

The only thing that will change is if arsenal win every game from now till end of the season and win the league.

anything less and he needs to go

We've gone through an abysmal run of form but there is time to turn it round. We're 8 points behind Leicester, not City or Chelsea. If we can find form now the league is a real possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It's refreshing to see us win a game. Hopefully the injury's aren't too serious. And finally the strikers have actually got some goals as well and hopefully some confidence!

The bastards have me hoping again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Home tie against Watford, thought we were away. Delighted.

There's wengers "judge us at the end of the season" statement again. we will Arsene, we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chesney horror show atm against Madrid. No way should we take him back.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Thought he had his bell rung fairly hard.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Bruce went close there.

I have to say he is the player I think I hate more than any other player ever. He only ever plays for Daddy's teams. Never able to stand on his two feet.

Never agreed with a post more. Has such a punchable face.

Thought he had his bell rung fairly hard.

Shouldn't be on the pitch if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

I think that's a bit harsh. Couldn't do much about the first goal where he got a knee to the head. Probably wasn't feeling 100% for the second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Only saw theo's goal tonight with the assist from Campbell.

It seems Theo really is a top class Championship player. Hard to take anything from a game like tonight other than it being a momentum builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Ramsey wont be missed.rubbish player this season

By early accounts he could be done for the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I watched the game on a very poor stream and thought Ramsey was subbed off.
    What happened to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I watched the game on a very poor stream and thought Ramsey was subbed off.
    What happened to him?

He was subbed on, then subbed off again. I thought i saw him doing to clenched fist to signify a cramp or muscle problem.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    He was subbed on, then subbed off again. I thought i saw him doing to clenched fist to signify a cramp or muscle problem.

Might not be much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Might not be much so.

Injured the same thigh as he had done before. Wenger said that he is the most serious of the injuries picked up tonight

wawaman wrote: »
    Injured the same thigh as he had done before. Wenger said that he is the most serious of the injuries picked up tonight

Hopefully it's not too bad.
    Wilshere due back any day now and Santi 3 weeks away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I thought Jack was effectively gone for the rest of the season???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Wenger said before the Spurs game that Wilshere would be back in 3 - 4 weeks hopefully, dont think we'll see too much of him to be honest

mansize wrote: »

Injury room has him back any day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We won't miss Ramsey that much tbh.

Midfield of

Coq
    Elneny
    Campbell - Ozil - Alexis

Perhaps Wenger's current best possible midfield bar Caz.

Forced on him as Ox as Rambo are gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

gosplan wrote: »
    We won't miss Ramsey that much tbh.

Midfield of

Coq
    Elneny
    Campbell - Ozil - Alexis

Perhaps Wenger's current best possible midfield bar Caz.

Forced on him as Ox as Rambo are gone

To be fair Campbell should never have been dropped in the first place; I can see why Wenger persisted with Chamberlain as he has the potential to be a top class player but it hasn't happened for him this season.

Ospina

Bellerin -- Mertesacker -- Chambers -- Gibbs

Coquelin

Elneny

Campbell
    Ozil
    Sanchez

Welbeck

Is what ought to happen, what will happen is Walcott will probably start again as he tends to be a very streaky player.

Should be playing our strongest side anyways. Watford at home are eminently beatable and then we're two games away from Wembley again.

wawaman wrote: »

The loss of Ramsey is very unfortunate. Him out wide with Elneny and Coq in the centre brought a solidity to the midfield. I'd like to see Campbell in the Ramsey role, certainly for the tough away matches on the horizon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I hope that isn't Ramsey goosed now for the season. I think if he's not asked to play centrally, and Coq and Elneny are left to their own devices, he can be very effective coming in from out wide. There were flickers of hope in that set up at the weekend.

It's not all bad: Hopefully now Campbell will get a decent run in the side, because Wenger has limited options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

mansize wrote: »

I'm beginning to suspect he's effectively gone for the rest of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

did u see the sign from the away fans telling wenger his times up at the final whistle?

Idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, what's the early verdict on Elneny? I like the guy a lot. Decent bit of energy about him, decent passer, very good effort that was saved yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Rambo, but quite interested to see how a midfield of Coq Eleneney Joel Ozil Sanchez gets on.

It could be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads, what's the early verdict on Elneny? I like the guy a lot. Decent bit of energy about him, decent passer, very good effort that was saved yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Rambo, but quite interested to see how a midfield of Coq Eleneney Joel Ozil Sanchez gets on.

It could be amazing.

Don't forget Santi is back soon as well!

Elneny looks alright, perhaps a bit limited. Can't see a midfield of him and Coquelin working that well, Coquelin can't play the ball forward and Elneny doesn't exactly look creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Theo was absolutely muck last night and yet picked up two goals and an assist. Now if he could do that consistently you'd forgive the ****e performances. The thing is he doesn't and that's the problem.

Campbell needs to start and I'm really impressed with Elneny. He does the simple things simply.

Ospina made another good couple of saves last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Huge positive for me is that Giroud, Walcott and Sanchez all scored in last few days.
    It was 1 goal in 29 collective appearances before Saturday so hopefully all 3 will have some confidence going foward.

• Advertisement

Good lad Sanogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wilshere has been 3-4 weeks away since January. No point considering him for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

lertsnim wrote: »
    Idiots

Disagree.

Poor timing but not idiots. Our away support are the hardcore of Arsenal fans and have every right to protest. However as I already said, the timing was so wrong. Last night wasn't the time to unveil the banner after a great result and some positivity at long last.

I hope the banner doesn't see the light of day again this season but sadly it probably will. We could be 11 points off Leicester come the weekend. Even Wenger can't ignore the shocking reality of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Idiots

How so?

After last night's near miss I found myself wondering if someone would be brought back to life if Aaron scores an own goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

greendom wrote: »
    After last night's near miss I found myself wondering if someone would be brought back to life if Aaron scores an own goal?

Jaysus that would be some responsibility to have resting on his shoulders :eek:

Good lad Sanogo.

Just read about that there. If I recall correctly didn't he give Mertesacker a black eye in training when they had a row? Seems like a bit of a thick as well as a poor player.

ronjo wrote: »
    Jaysus that would be some responsibility to have resting on his shoulders :eek:

Yes at 4 or 5 nil up he might feel the need to pop one into his own net:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Thought Gibbs was very good, tidy footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Idiots

Why?

Just cause we beat a Championship side in a Replay, all whats gone before has been forgiven. 8 points behind the leaders who haven't spend nearly the money we have in the past few years and were relegation fodder last season plus in a year our biggest threats have slipped up.

Defeats to below par teams in the PL, tactically we are rubbish and are so easy to read (put ten men behind the ball and hit us on the break). Lack of signings and excuses from our glorious manager who is living on his past glories. Also putting out second string sides in the CL to have us struggle to finish second and get Barca. We could go on and on with the mess ups our club have gone through the last few years. The Fa Cup wins only have covered over the cracks.

Fair play to the guys holding up the banner, we need change if we want to be up there with the likes of Barca and Bayern even Chelsea and City.

• Advertisement

We've gone through an abysmal run of form but there is time to turn it round. We're 8 points behind Leicester, not City or Chelsea. If we can find form now the league is a real possibility.

Leicester have only lost three or four times times this season, they have heart and the fight for the battle. While we couldn't fight our way out of the paper bag. They won't drop the points.

We always go through abysmal runs of forms, you can bloody time it with us too. I can't see us going away from home having to beat West Ham, Everton and City. Too late, we might get second but that will over cover over the cracks of a shocking season.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Why?

Just cause we beat a Championship side in a Replay, all whats gone before has been forgiven. 8 points behind the leaders who haven't spend nearly the money we have in the past few years and were relegation fodder last season plus in a year our biggest threats have slipped up.

Defeats to below par teams in the PL, tactically we are rubbish and are so easy to read (put ten men behind the ball and hit us on the break). Lack of signings and excuses from our glorious manager who is living on his past glories. Also putting out second string sides in the CL to have us struggle to finish second and get Barca. We could go on and on with the mess ups our club have gone through the last few years. The Fa Cup wins only have covered over the cracks.

Fair play to the guys holding up the banner, we need change if we want to be up there with the likes of Barca and Bayern even Chelsea and City.

This is key. To be able to compete with the likes of those clubs we need to be spending an awful lot more (unless you think it can be done on Leicester's spend).
    Will Kroenke release the huge cash pile we have to a new manager or is it to be left there as collateral for some of his other ventures?

What are they supposed to do?

For christ sake.

Erm Win the league maybe and not bottle it.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Erm Win the league maybe and not bottle it.

Yes Arsenal's devine right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Last night showed what the real cost of a replay can amount to. Arsenal should have put Hull away first time around but their "constant" inability to put teams like Hull away is their achilles heel or at least part of it. Now they may be without, Ramsey, Per Mertesacker and Gabriel at least for the next few games. Hopefully Per Mertesacker will be back sooner but at this time of the season with Leicester not looking like slipping up Arsenal need to be turning up the screws not giving Leicester more confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yes Arsenal's devine right.

I would have thought our "devine right" was to at least compete. We are not even doing that.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I would have thought our "devine right" was to at least compete. We are not even doing that.

There are none. But we are competing nonetheless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There are none. But we are competing nonetheless
    NO. No we're not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Yeah Arsene hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

It could be amazing.

I think an Elneny and Wilshere pairing would be very interesting to see. One distributes the ball, and the other can take on men as well. I think Elneny has been really good so far apart from his cameo against Man United where he seemed more nervous than anything.

And about Coquelin - I never really thought he was a brilliant centre mid. I thought he was decent for us last year only because he was the only player who fit the CDM role. Then someone I know went abroad to London where all the Arsenal fans all said that he was a class act. I think that skewed my opinion of him positively for the first few months of this season, but he's gone back to that sort of decent player who fits a role quality again ever since his return from injury in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement